PDA

View Full Version : i suck at this

X360Achieve
05-23-2009, 04:27 AM
i suck at this gaame i dont know how to train my guy he sucks

machonach0
05-23-2009, 07:21 AM
You CAN look at the in game career help. I don't know most people that are trying to play this game seem to be a little retarded. How about insteading of posting all kinds of threads like "Oh im stuck on the bottom" or "how do I submit people" yall go into tutorials READ everything, then go into career READ the career help that it offers to teach you at the start of every career. Now go through the career doing all the camp invites and PAYING ATTENTION to them, and wow you might have just learned how to play the game. (And if you haven't then you obviously did the tutorials as quickly as possible just for the achievement and attempted the same thing with the career.)

Classick
05-23-2009, 07:37 AM
^ +1

Seriously, everything you need to know is in the tutorial. Being good comes from practice.

But so this post won't be completely useless- I'll give you some tips. I've gone on two 20+ win streaks in the past two days so you know I'm a credible source.

Tip 1- Pace yourself. You have no idea how many retards I catch with no stamina while they're in an open guard or just in general. Turn the stamina bar on. Watch it drain as you strike and grapple. If it runs all the way down- you WILL submit if your opponent is decent or better at submissions. I've made guys tap within 2 minutes of round 1 or in the final seconds of round 3 because they don't pace themselves.

Tip 2- Don't pick Rampage Jackson. Have a personality. Pick someone you're good with. Rampage is very limited. He is only good for clinch range attacks and breaking out of virtually every submission that is applied to him despite how gassed (out of stamina he is). When using him you'll be tempted to just clinch, then slam people. But they'll catch on and then you're done for.

Tip 3- Go through the ENTIRE tutorial. It's not that long- it takes about 10 minutes. And you get an achievement for it.

Tip 4- After you find a character you prefer- take him into the practice arena. Press start- Position change- then go through every ground position available (practicing all of the transitions for each position as you go [they're in the start menu under 'actions list']).

Tip 5- The only time you should go for a submission is if you see your opponent's stamina is very low, or completely gone. By doing this and rotating the RS stick while in the submission you are almost guaranteed success. Just rotate the RS as quickly as possible. I find that using my palm works best. If you perform a submission at a bad time it usually puts your opponent into the side guard if he breaks out using the RS. Since I'm assuming you suck at transitions, you don't want him in your side guard because that's one step away from the mount. Getting out of the mount successfully takes practice but it's not hard. The position is very intimidating to new people though.

This game has the hardest learning curve you will ever come across. You can't just pick up the sticks and dominate. It takes hours and hours of practice to even stand a chance. I know because I went 3-12 before I did everything I just mentioned. Now? 39-14.

X360Achieve
05-23-2009, 02:19 PM
dude idk why u hav to be all pissy im just asking i suck at this game and i read all the shit. i still am having a hard time so dont be a fucking dick all i wanted to no is how to train my guide or wat to do

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 03:31 PM
you should have seen the backlash coming. you made your own thread telling the world that you suck, and didn't even ask any questions.

Brako UK
05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
The most xp i seem to get for training is around 104 points. To get this i just knock my sparing parter out, then when he is back up and ready for more...i do a little ground work on him.

Not getting hit to much by him, or being ko'd gives you a better chance of keeping the xp you earn it seems.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 03:41 PM
i believe there is a max for each level in stats... the most I've got from the 1st guy is 25 even when I dominated and made him submit, second guy was like 40 but I have never even tried KO'ing any of them..

Jethrow
05-23-2009, 03:48 PM
first off, what the fuck is the site for if he's not allowed to ask for help. I've had the game since day 1 and i've played the demo since day 1, i've also went through the tutorial and i'm still having some problems with certain things, including training my caf person. What he's asking is an actual question not retarded shit like "i just got the game".

Machosnatch, you my little buddy are a goof.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 03:52 PM
he didn't ask a question....

"i suck at this gaame i dont know how to train my guy he sucks"

that, my friend, is called a statement.

PureTechniquex
05-23-2009, 04:17 PM
dude idk why u hav to be all pissy im just asking i suck at this game and i read all the shit. i still am having a hard time so dont be a fucking dick all i wanted to no is how to train my guide or wat to do

Well i can see that you cant spell, so i guess you cant read either. :p

machonach0
05-23-2009, 05:12 PM
he didn't ask a question....

"i suck at this gaame i dont know how to train my guy he sucks"

that, my friend, is called a statement.

Exactly, Jethrow. And you clearly suck to if you can't raise your CAF because like I said above. There is a career help screen you can go to and learn EVERYTHING about raising your CAF. Maybe you should stop trying to come up with such clever nicknames and learn how to read.

Caponey
05-23-2009, 05:13 PM
a little harsh on the guy, plus the 2nd poster called quite a few of us retarded. I am retarded, I guess, and so are all my friends that rented this game with me haha. We are all having problems. Word to classick for the tips tho. Much appreciated. I've also learned not to just pick the top ranks to fight either, or you will get stuck every time haha.

machonach0
05-23-2009, 05:19 PM
If you can't find your way to the help menu then you must be at least a little slow.
Also I'm not trying to be a complete dick, I'm just really tired of decent threads getting pushed back because people want to make threads on how they suck or can't transition. And the fact is nobody cares you suck (at least I don't) and if you want to know how to transition then do the tutorials and read the career help before you post up here asking how to do it. And if you already did the tutorials and you still can't transition then you obviously didn't pay to much attention to the tutorials.

asdf123
05-23-2009, 06:01 PM
This game is not for the regular guy who want to sit down for instant fun, you need to spend time learning moves, and i totally get alot of the frustration i see everywhere, its alot to learn