PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on CoD4 to be set in Modern Time

|||M4X|||
12-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Post your opinion and in 12 hours I will lecture you all on the results.

Minty
12-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Too soon to make a game about killing people for oil.
COD is a WWII series- this will be a big mistake.

Cyrex
12-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Too soon to make a game about killing people for oil.
COD is a WWII series- this will be a big mistake.

amen.............................. to short to post

KilluhKam
12-23-2006, 11:53 PM
i voted for the last one lol because it dosnt really matter to me, as long as they have modern guns and good gameplay

I N64 I MaRiO
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
lol as long as its better than battlefield 2 MODERN COMBAT and i swear if i see that fucking BEAT THE GAME ON VETERAN achievement one more time:rant:

and i hope they FIX the online and all the dumb stuff that goes on as well;)

Darth Odan
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I think it will be a good change. What I mean from good is that: How many more battles can they use for World War II? I mean...CHANGE it already. I'm tired of killing Nazis....Gosh. Though I am disappointed in the selection of the setting, I think it will be good since Infinity Ward will make it :D

|||M4X|||
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I have to ask that you only post once on this topic, to make sure there is no confusion in the voting and posting. Thank You.

magictroll
12-24-2006, 01:05 AM
They have alot of other wars they skipped. Korean War, Vietnam, and tons of others... why choose sucha sensitive one right now?

Minty
12-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Because there wasnt the same level of international support in those two wars, i.e. it was AMerica versus.

They left out the true World Champions of War, so the game wouldnt sell in the UK.

magictroll
12-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Although that's true, don't you think those games would have more support than one set in the irak? there are WAY more people who have a problem with the current war.

Minty
12-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, thats why I said that I think it is a big mistake to make this game. I think that their are a lot of people that are still grieving for loved ones, and this is another thing for them to cope with.

I think the Iraq was is one that many people will never be comfortable with- the whole world is pretty much against this war- evn the US officials have said it was a mistake.

I like the CoD games for the fact that the weapons are simple, you cant pick up invincibilty and that you can 'relive' some of the battles that iv heard about since I was a kid.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-24-2006, 02:37 AM
damn, now i dont think they should make it:( way to go minty, you just killed my childhood....

w00t they should do the gulf war!!! yea that'd be sweet!!!

or you know they could always make up their own war....nobody would notice...

Minty
12-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Making up a war is what started this all ;)

I N64 I MaRiO
12-24-2006, 03:19 AM
Making up a war is what started this all ;)
oh shit, i didnt notice ( see told you ) :eek:

off topic but do you like my new sig? i like it....but i have another good pic i want you to see as well....but im too lazy to figure how ta do it.....

RadicalSniper99
12-24-2006, 04:11 AM
As a game series, it should stick to WWII and that is all.

The only other thing I could agree with is if it became more based in some eastern wars. The Japanese front or even possibly into the Korean or Vietnam War would be a good direction to go in. The title COD reminds me of people rising to the occasion or the call of the nation to arms. These 2 wars have the same feeling. Switching to more modern times just wouldn't have the same feel right now.

Minty
12-24-2006, 04:15 AM
Another problem youd have with Vietnam War being in it, is that you always have to fight on the winners side, and not many people want to play as Vietnam....

I N64 I MaRiO
12-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Another problem youd have with Vietnam War being in it, is that you always have to fight on the winners side, and not many people want to play as Vietnam....
50,000 americans died in vietnam multiply that by 9 and thats how many vietcongs died.....i dont like it when they say we lost the war...but in vh1 we got a new president and he pulled ALL troops out....technicly America pussy'd out cause of a president...but in i think we won...even though america pussy'd....damn...that just doesnt sound good

in vietcong for the xbox you played as americans.....

Minty
12-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Hate to say it, but every other country gets taught that America lost. They pushed you out of their country ;)

Most you guys can claim is a score draw tbh

I N64 I MaRiO
12-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Hate to say it, but every other country gets taught that America lost. They pushed you out of their country ;)

Most you guys can claim is a score draw tbh
thats why i vote conservative;) ( im only 15 so you best not belive me )
EDIT: i was told the same thing..that we lost... but i dont think the government is ashamed of getting 'beat' by a bunch of rebels...and for that im ashamed of americans government....

TurMoiL911
12-24-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I love killing Nazis as much as the next guy, but it does get kind of old after a while. And I would really like to play a game like COD with modern weapons.

Zef
12-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I think they should stick to WWII, if they wanted to move more into the future there are plenty of other wars between now and then that were actual wars rather than slaughters.

They could have the 2009 invasion on Iran (like in timetrumpet) where America loose in 9 months.

As long as they don't ruin the series by doing a Medal of Honor.

NinjaFighter202
12-25-2006, 03:35 AM
Umm I really don't care Im just a really big COD fan But i do think that they should have one more WWII game from the cod series but add a lot to it like the japanese and the italians the atomic bomb and stuff

Darth Odan
12-25-2006, 04:22 AM
I think they should stick to WWII, if they wanted to move more into the future there are plenty of other wars between now and then that were actual wars rather than slaughters.

They could have the 2009 invasion on Iran (like in timetrumpet) where America loose in 9 months.

As long as they don't ruin the series by doing a Medal of Honor.

Funny...Losing to Iran. Dude, we'll kick their ass :D F-22 Raptor and the Abrams tank. Along with the Predator Drone, we won't go down easy ;). Oh, and the Blitzkrieg is hard to stop for a third world country :D As for Vietnam just as Iraq is insurgency. All they do is hit and run, but if it was a battle, we'd win.

CoD can't keep on WWII because they'll run out of battles, eventually they'll need to switch wars.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Umm I really don't care Im just a really big COD fan But i do think that they should have one more WWII game from the cod series but add a lot to it like the japanese and the italians the atomic bomb and stuff
no way... medal of honor did japanese and the japs had swords:eek: :eek: :eek: thats what ruined it for MoH, when they did japan....

magictroll
12-25-2006, 04:46 AM
Funny...Losing to Iran. Dude, we'll kick their ass :D F-22 Raptor and the Abrams tank. Along with the Predator Drone, we won't go down easy ;). Oh, and the Blitzkrieg is hard to stop for a third world country :D As for Vietnam just as Iraq is insurgency. All they do is hit and run, but if it was a battle, we'd win.

CoD can't keep on WWII because they'll run out of battles, eventually they'll need to switch wars.

Well Iran has a more powerful army than Iraq and very patriotic people who hate America. The US will definately do FAR worse against Iran than they did against Iraq ... if they go ahead with this. I have faith that the US government won't make the same mistake again.

Minty
12-25-2006, 05:06 AM

What, youd say you won the war in Iraq????
You may have killed more people, but id say the press and the world wouldnt really say America has won the war- oh wait, it was declared over how many years ago??

There are plenty more battles that they can do before they start making people murder people for oil

CovertDog
12-25-2006, 05:14 AM
My two cents worth.... All this talk of winning wars, There is no winners in War!!!

The Killer 47
12-25-2006, 05:19 AM
I think setting COD in modern times would kill the "epic" feel of the games. They should expand out of the European theater and allow us to play in the Pacific theater. Perhaps we could fight as the Ghurkas of India against the Japanese. Also the fight in the Philipines and some of the other pacific islands. They have really just scratched the surface and could do alot if they get creative.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-25-2006, 05:20 AM
deep words mr. covert.....

i think we should show what we're doing in iraq... everyone thinks we're dying... and well we are but we're prollly doing some worse shit to them.....( beating the prisoners for one )

Darth Odan
12-25-2006, 05:31 AM
We did defeat Saddam's Army :D that counts as victory. What about the humanitarian work that the Coalition is doing? Protecting convoys?

I N64 I MaRiO
12-25-2006, 05:37 AM
well...coalition has guns right? well...guns kill people right? why the hell...dont they show this shit on tv :uzi: :uzi: bam MACHINE GUNS BAM BAM!!!:boom PLOW!!! spchloooO!O!!!!

Minty
12-25-2006, 06:03 AM
We did defeat Saddam's Army :D that counts as victory. What about the humanitarian work that the Coalition is doing? Protecting convoys?

There still killing you guys, so doesnt really count as being over or a victory.

I agree with Killer about the Ghurkas etc, would make a much better game than Iraq

I N64 I MaRiO
12-25-2006, 06:19 AM
either way........a war isnt a war without death....and democracy;) i'm gonna write that one down so they can use it in cod4 when you die in campaign......

Darth Odan
12-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Nah, they should stick with Plato and the others :D. Well, in the field of battle, victory was achieved with the capture of Baghdad, now the process of the new government taking control is a defeat.

Zef
12-25-2006, 10:46 AM
All the stuff about America invading Iran and losing was just a sketch from Timetrumpet, possibly the greatest time travelling show know to Britain (and the Channel Islands)

I liked how COD 2 had fighting from the Russian side, COD 3 had the Polish and Canadians too. COD 4 will surely have to have another random country that saved the French, possibly Wales or even Peru.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-26-2006, 01:18 AM
think of online for cod4...you'll have to play as terrorrist and possibly civilians...:woop: :woop: :woop:

woot i can think of a good gametype for cod4 ... civilian survival :) that'd be cool..where you have to survive the longest as a civilian.....

Zef
12-26-2006, 01:42 AM
There could be a pistol whipping mini-game, see how many skulls you can crack in a set amount of time. Or the elusive 'Shoot the ace' mode, not many people know what that is.

Grizzly Adams 77
12-28-2006, 04:18 AM
I don't see why CoD would go from WWII, a war filled with epic struggles between superpowers to determine the fate of Europe & the world, to a war between a horribly mismananaged superpower and a 3rd world country with no well known battles. Here's a recap of Iraq for you: Saddam's forces crumble to the Americans in uncontested routs. Islamic extremists flood to Baghdad undercover as citizens. The rest of the war is fought by roadside bombs and hit and runs. NO BATTLES. Anyways if there going to do this they should show Bush dancing arround like a nimrod in the flightsuit under the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner. That an Rumsfield dodging questions about soldiers having to fight without armor.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
I don't see why CoD would go from WWII, a war filled with epic struggles between superpowers to determine the fate of Europe & the world, to a war between a horribly mismananaged superpower and a 3rd world country with no well known battles. Here's a recap of Iraq for you: Saddam's forces crumble to the Americans in uncontested routs. Islamic extremists flood to Baghdad undercover as citizens. The rest of the war is fought by roadside bombs and hit and runs. NO BATTLES. Anyways if there going to do this they should show Bush dancing arround like a nimrod in the flightsuit under the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner. That an Rumsfield dodging questions about soldiers having to fight without armor.
:whs pretty much sums it up cept' i didnt read all of it...but what i read sounded very nifty ;)

|||M4X|||
12-31-2006, 02:24 AM
OK im back.
AND FFS I SED 1 POST PER PERSON!!! MY F***ING GOD!!

Tyger7
12-31-2006, 02:32 AM
Call of Duty needs to stay on the track it is. In fact, I believe CoD3 should be the last in a trilogy. They need to take that team and make up a new first person shooter, with a new name. Seriously, they already have good games using futuristic war like GRAW and Rainbow Six.

|||M4X|||
12-31-2006, 02:34 AM
OK, can a mod lock this topic now, IT WAS ONLY A FRICKIN POLL!

Webb
12-31-2006, 02:36 AM
OK, can a mod lock this topic now, IT WAS ONLY A FRICKIN POLL!

Chill out man. People seem to be enjoying discussing it, so why lock it?

|||M4X|||
12-31-2006, 02:37 AM
It was only a poll to see peoples views and I found them, please lock it and make another topic or something.

Webb
12-31-2006, 02:39 AM
We'll be alright leaving this one open, rather than cluttering the place up with a new one. Just don't view it if you don't want to hear the rest ;)

|||M4X|||
12-31-2006, 02:48 AM
OK, listen I've had enough with website moderators abusing my rights. My career keeps the gaming industry alive with future information, screenshots, press conference covering . I pour my heart into this industry and the very least you could do is show it. You call your self an admin? Your pathetic. go ahead, ban me again. I don't care. I just want to say that you have no right to abuse soemthing I created in the first place. So im abusing your site? You made it, you should have prepared for this. My thread, I "go away" for a week, people just do the fuck they want when I say, quite clearly, 1 post per person. You all make me sick. i have a family, a clan, a decent job, and reputation in my town which means people recognize me in the street. i dont need to waste my time in this sub-standard, mediocre forum site that is "dedicated" to informing you of 360 achievements. I do this as a career,and I'll be damned if you can do any better. Go ahead and ban, all I can say is that you people need to get a life. FFS if you like gaming, become a mag reporter and review games and travel to E3 and gaming events. Actually go out their and meet Bill Gates, Michael Moore and many employees form development teams. You all make me sick.

Maka
12-31-2006, 02:57 AM
OK, listen I've had enough with website moderators abusing my rights.

Thanks For Making Me Smile Today. :)

Thats Just too Funny.

Guess What, I really couldnt care less about the reputation you have in your City/Town/Village/Garden... Whatever. You obviously dont make the rules around here. The point of forums are to discuss things. Who are you to restrict people to one post per topic? If the people want to talk about something, and it's not out of hand or inappropriate, they can talk, and if you dont like it, than dont read it. Ignore It. Pretend nobody Ever Posted. Keep this thread Opened Forever and dont refresh it. Do Whatever you want.

|||M4X|||
12-31-2006, 02:59 AM
And a perfect example of a life-less uber-geek admin who tries to look big by threatening someone who he beleieves he is superior to, you make me sick. Get a job, earn some money and move out of grandmas' house you pathetic little creep.

Webb
12-31-2006, 03:04 AM
LMAO!!

See ya! And you have to earn respect boy, it doesn't come because you say so!

Maka
12-31-2006, 03:09 AM
And a perfect example of a life-less uber-geek admin who tries to look big by threatening someone who he beleieves he is superior to, you make me sick. Get a job, earn some money and move out of grandmas' house you pathetic little creep.

I'm assuming you lived by yourself in a mansion when you were 15?
Nice One, Mr. Smooth

Oh, And My Grandma's Dead...

Webb
12-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Maka, I think he was talking to me :p But it's gonna take more than that to rock this ship ;)

I love seeing naivity :D

Maka
12-31-2006, 04:53 AM
naivity

*Looks It Up Via Dictionary.com*

Yes, He's Not Sophesticated at all... ;)

Zef
12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
He posted more than once in his own thread as well, so he must have been abusing his own 'rights'.

Back on topic.

Does Infinity Ward have any timing on a release or more info? If they have been working on it at the same time as COD3 was developed I'd hazard a guess at mid 07.

magictroll
12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm really curious what career this guy does that single-handedly keeps the gaming industry alive when even Bill Gates and Miyamoto can't make that claim ... the game will go on buddy!

Zef
12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm really curious what career this guy does that single-handedly keeps the gaming industry alive when even Bill Gates and Miyamoto can't make that claim ... the game will go on buddy!

Check his profile. Apparently Yorkshire is the heart of the gaming industry.

magictroll
12-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Still, I can't help but feel sorry for him. All he wanted was the "right" to tell other people that THEY don't have the "right" to post.

excessum01
12-31-2006, 10:13 PM
N64...America didn't pussy out of Vietnam. We realized that we shouldn't have gone in in the first place. We have a nasty habit of trying to be world police: Iraq, Korea, and Vietnam to name the 3 major ones.

Also, to America, Vietnam was 10x more controversial, but to the world, Iraq is.

Personally I would like to see a war that hasn't been done before like WWI. Also, not for CoD, but I'd like to see a Medieval game that isnt a damn RPG or RTS.

Zef
12-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Ye Calleth O' Duty, travel hither with thine knights of olde to thwart yon evil wizard of the realm.

They could be controversial and make a WWIII game but put some really silly countries in it instead of USA and UK versus Communists/Dictatorships/Terrorists.

babyfarmer
12-31-2006, 10:51 PM
If it's going to be another WWII game, for the love of all that is holy, please set it in Japan. If not, just make it modern, as the Nazi killing is played out.

ImmortalLeoman
12-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Going to the Pacific would be fun, the only other game that did that I think is Medal of Honor.

chaos bz
12-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Well in its defense the battlefield series kept moving forward in time and it seems to have gone quite well for them. (and I say this omitting the fact that moder combat was ever released:p)

I don't see why not move it up to a more recent times, they just need to stop and rethink the linear aspect of the game play in my opinion.

I N64 I MaRiO
01-01-2007, 12:47 AM
...America didn't pussy out of Vietnam. We realized that we shouldn't have gone in in the first place.

thats basiclly what pussying out is...

Malosovich
01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
The only way a modern game would work is if it is in Vietnam or Kosovo.

I don't want to dance around in the boring ass desert (worst levels on COD2) for the whole game.

Zef
01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
You could have napalm airstrikes that just drop bombs anywhere in the general area of Asia. It would be good to fight as the Vietcong Guerilla warriors.

"Flank up right. Look out for charlies in the trees!"
"Hyaaaaaaa"
Epic battle ensues.
Rambo and Chuck Norris enter.
Vietnam conflicts end.