PDA

View Full Version : Submission of the night is retarded...

Wampus Cra
05-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Final guy careers stats

35-4

14 T(KO)s
16 Submissions
5 Decisions

No submission of the night, done every possible submission and i have also caught a guys punch from open guard for a triangle/arm bar and NOTHING. Who has gotten this and what type of submission did you use and in what type of situation??

mitchv79
05-23-2009, 05:46 AM
The only thing I've got so far is really pissed off. I can't get a single career submission, and I'm starting to get tired of the whole thing.

Wampus Cra
05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
Dude until you get your sub offense in the 65+ range you most likely wont get any submissions. I didnt start subbing ppl EASILY until i was in the 70s, after that i just started beating the crap out of ppl. Getting there life bar as low as possible so when they do attack they are almost stamina drained. Or another technique i use is, get there life bar low as hell and then get on them or pull guard or something. Then go for a submission and let the computer struggle to get out of it, then click the left analog stick before he reverses it. This will make you let go of the submission and put you back in the exact same position you was, then i go right back to the submission and most likely the CPU will have ZERO stamina and hopefully you have enough to put them away. Ive learned to not spin the stick, button mash as fast as possible. I put my thumb on A, index finger on X, middle finger on Y, and the finger beside your middle on B. Kind of a square shape w your fingers. Then i just hammer it as fast as possible, ive submitted rampage, machida, griffin, evans and t.silva all in the first round in my career mode before.

Tem0n
05-23-2009, 08:22 AM
I have my sub offense at 93 now and i still cannot sub Bispin or Franklin when they are totally gassed. Insane...

MusicInjection
05-23-2009, 08:40 AM
the submissions suck in this game, they should lower the difficulty level in the next update. you can knock someone out with 2 punches but i can't sub a CPU player with no stamina... they messed up the system.

xUK Assassin
05-23-2009, 09:48 AM
to answer the 1st question just try and get the sub early in the 1st round thats what i did and i've got sub of the night three times

machonach0
05-23-2009, 02:27 PM
the submissions suck in this game, they should lower the difficulty level in the next update. you can knock someone out with 2 punches but i can't sub a CPU player with no stamina... they messed up the system.

Seriously getting tired of reading stuff like this. The submissions in the game do not suck they are actually very easy to do, I can usually submit the CPU faster than I can knock them out. They did not "mess up the system" whatever that is even supposed to mean.

Chris_Krol
05-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Seriously getting tired of reading stuff like this. The submissions in the game do not suck they are actually very easy to do, I can usually submit the CPU faster than I can knock them out. They did not "mess up the system" whatever that is even supposed to mean.

Well, can you tell me how to do the submissions properly. because everytime I try one they always escape it in the first second.

aka Fierce
05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
To get Submission of the Night easily, you need to upgrade your fighter to at least level 2 in grappling. Put all your stats on strength, cardio, and submission offense.

I have 9 Submission of the Night awards by just running up and taking down the opponent and submitting them in less than 30 seconds with the above mentioned stats. As a bonus, you will also get the Fight of the Night award as well.

ntbohl
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
i can tell you this, on beginner it's very easy, but on experienced it's not and I am NOT going to weasel down to beginner for this achievement, but it doesn't seem like i'm going to get it unless I do. I'm the middle weight champion. my fighter is 23-0 (4th CAF) my fighter has 80 cardio, 78 strength, and my sub offense is at 78, and I can't even make dan henderson tap. it's effing ridiculous. If i just ran up on them it'd be one thing, but they're totally spent.

Midnight Malice
06-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, can you tell me how to do the submissions properly. because everytime I try one they always escape it in the first second.

I gotta back up the other guy on this one. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean the system is messed up. Even if thier stamina is low they can get out of it... try hitting them a few times then submitting them. Just because they aren't rocked doesn't mean they aren't dazed.

ntbohl
06-12-2009, 11:16 PM
idk, i try three times per fight at least, and in this CAF career, in all 23 fights plus, with my bonuses my sub offense is at 96.

i make every fight that i can go to 5 rounds, and i try to make the guy tap in every fight, i don't go for ko's cuz i know i'll win the scorecards.

ntbohl
06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
update: i have learned a better way to actually get guys to tap. instead of mashing, i recommend, sliding. just take your index and middle finger, and slide them across all four buttons instead of tapping them. idk, i guess i'm getting more speed cuz i just got three taps in a row.

However, in all three events, NO ONE got submission of the night. That's never happened to me in this game before.

LAME.

Chef Not Chief
06-13-2009, 05:18 AM
when i got this, i think my sub. offense was 115, and I got it on Matt Hughes with a counter triangle from a defensive open guard. The idea is to not go for submissions often, you have to get it on your first attempt and kind of surprise the game with it. I got mine about 4 minutes into the first round, so you don't need to be extremely quick about it. Just make sure you have high stamina and they have low, and you will submit them easily. I like the submissions in this game, it is a lot more fun than just knocking someone out, and not as hard as some people think.

The difference between mashing and rotating the stick makes all the difference. If your guy is a BJJ fighter, you will want to rotate the stick, because that relates to your style of fighting. It is more of technical way, which your guy shines in. Now, if you are a wrestler or judo fighter, and you have good strength, you would want to mash the buttons, because that goes with your guy's strength, and not his technical skills. You will have a higher success using the style that relates better to what your fighter specializes in. Sorry if that is confusing, but I hope it helps.