PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Sparring Partner!!!

mitchv79
05-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Alright, I'm trying to stay calm since this is just a game and all, but I'm about to bust open with anger and profanities on account of some STUPID ass CPU sparring partners. Every couple of months I go to Kickboxing camp to improve my Kickboxing skill level...and what does my stupid sparring partner do every time? Yeah, he continually attempts takedowns and tries to keep me on the ground the ENTIRE time I'm trying to complete a simple Task List.

It's like the developers programmed the CPU to say "Guess what...not only am I going to make it impossible for you to get a career submission against me, but I'm also going to screw with you while you are at Camp so that you can't get any better." Oh, and one more thing I'd like to vent about...who the hell is responsible for the audience's comments while you are sparring? Like the guy that screams "STAY IN THE MOUNT!" every 5 seconds when both fighters are on their feet. Grrrr! So freaking annoying!

Wampus Cra
05-23-2009, 05:46 AM
I found when the sparring partner takes you down ALOT there tends to be tasks that need to be done within the mount and guard positions. But ive never used kick boxing in the game only boxing and i know later in the boxing levels they required some stuff to be done on the ground and if the majority of the tasks are ground based he will shoot for take downs often. Maybe this is your problem??

mitchv79
05-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Nope, not one of my tasks had anything to do with the ground game. It's Level 2 Kickboxing...trust me, if there was anything to do on the ground then I would have got it out of the way during one of the thousand times he does a takedown on me. Usually by the time I've kicked him off of me 20 times or so then my time is up and I end up with only completing 2 or 3 of my tasks. I wish one of my tasks was "Bludgeon your sparring partner to the brink of death with a blunt object - 10 Pts"!

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 06:01 AM
I have noticed that the CPU will cycle thier attacks to a task, like if you have to counter a headshot, he will give you a few headshots, if you miss he will move on to the next task, if you miss that, on to the next... thats how it has seemed to work for me so far. Can't say that for everyone, but just try and complete tasks in order as much as possible, if you miss one, move on to the next one. The CPU SHOULD cycle around to it again after a while.

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
I think it simulates what the next fight will be like

Yomnad84
05-23-2009, 08:44 PM
All of have to do is save right before the camp then if you cant complete atleast 3-4-5 things just hit guide bottom log out and it will kick you back to the title screen and just load up your career again easy peasy

The Bold and The Brutal
05-24-2009, 03:52 AM
LOL i feel ur pain bro, just WAIT till u try to get some wrestling in, one of ur tasks will be to get 3 or 5 takedowns, easy right? sure, but ur timed, and u have to do other tasks as well, well u'll get a takedown, and stand up, and what does the partner do? lay there for a good 10 secs just looking at u....sighs... u can't pick him up, or do any tasks on the ground (sometimes) so u just have to wait for him to get up, WHILE THE CLOCK RUNS OUT!!

WEAK SAUCE

u really wanna see something? try career training on experienced, HA!!! ur partner will BEAT THE BRAKES OFF OF U!! u won't ever get more 40 points a sparring round. BALLS.