PDA

View Full Version : * Officially Stuck on ____ Thread *

Smokez
05-23-2009, 05:50 AM
I know a lot of people are gonna post threads on who they are stuck on, so i thought we should just make one thread on how to easy ways to beat them and combine all the people into one. Personally, I am stuck on stupid Thiago Alves. He has knocked me out 5 times in the 1st, 2 times in the 2nd and made me tap 3 times because my submission offense isn't so good.

Lightweight

Tyson Griffin -

Welterweight

Dan Henderson -

Josh Koscheck -

Marcus Davis -

Diego Sanchez - I would kick him in the head as much as possible and whenever he took me down I would just clinch and escape. Get up and kick him in the head some more. He would just take me down and we would do it all over again. If you can, try and reverse it so that you are on top and throw punches. I hit him with a lot of Hammer fists. Seemed to really hurt him and quick. After that I kept kicking him and boom, Knock out 3rd round with :47 left. (Kickboxer. 61Kick/47Punches Standing Offense)

Jon Fitch - I have just beaten Jon Fitch in the 3rd round via KO. What I did was I had to really make sure when he took me down. Either try to get back to standing or reverse so that your on top of him now if your a wrestler if he pushes you away and he doesn't stand back up get back on top of him and slam him to the ground this what i did because he keep pushing me away and never stand back up I continue to do this when he pushed me away. When you do this he probably going to be in red you probably won't be able to knock him out or submit him but in the next round he should still be in red. Now if your a kickboxer or muay thai and you have the head kick you should starting using them now because the kick will do it now if the kick is time right you will get a quick KO in the 2nd round. Now if you go to the 3rd round do the samething with the head kicks but if you can get him to ground slam him down and hit him with those powerful punches. One more note: When he takes you down and your stamina is red or you are gassed he will try to submit you when this happens.So you might want to make sure you have good submission Defense. (I am Kickboxer/Wrestler my takedown offense 58, takedown defense 62, Standing Kicks Offense 50.)

Thiago Alves - I beat him 2nd round TKO with a lot of kicks to the head and body. If you back step and then launch a power kick to his head it hits him 75% of the time. Just mix up head and body shots and the damage will come, also if he blocking kicks in a row throw some jabs to the face and kicks to the legs. Always kick the outside of his leg, then launch the head kick. If you get into trouble with him just start throwing punches or grapple. He won't take you down in the grapple and it will stop the damage. If u can get far enough away from him always do the running kick then a hard kick to the right side of the head. (I am a Kick boxer/Wrestler with 51Kick/33Punch offense.)

Middleweight

Damian Maia - Being worked on by martdude16

Light Heavyweight

Shogun Rua - Just didn't swing any power punches and used the jab for the first round and kept the same stamina. Then in the second round he had lost more stamina than me so I carried on as normal, using power punches and knocked him out with a right hook.

Heavyweight

Frank Mir -

Brock Lesnar -

Zen X
05-23-2009, 06:16 AM
I am having problems with Jon Fitch he keeps submitting me. I do have good submission defense and takedown defense I am a kickboxer and wrestler.

Smokez
05-23-2009, 06:55 AM
I just beat Thiavo.

PeRFeCK
05-23-2009, 06:58 AM
lol.........

martdude16
05-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Currently have 22-2-0, only lost to Bisping and Nate 'The Great' when I was first starting out, now though I am in a fight with Demian Maia, I have beaten him twice before but whenever I fight him this time he always beats me, mainly by submission.

I start the match with 84% stamina, is that a problem? Cos' as soon as go into red stamina I get submitted.

thomasgeorge
05-23-2009, 07:12 AM
shogun I beat him easy on demo but nw he keeps taking me down and mountng me then he punds me out. I am dominating the stand up

Zen X
05-23-2009, 07:50 AM
I just beaten Jon Fitch in the 3rd round via KO what I did was I had to really make sure when he took me down. Either try to get back to standing or reverse so that your on top of him now if your a wrestler if he pushes you away and he doesn't stand back up get back on top of him and slam him to the ground this what i did because he keep pushing me away and never stand back up I continue to do this when he pushed me away.

When you do this he probably going to be in red you probably won't be able to knock him out or submit him but in the next round he should still be in red. Now if your a kickboxer or muay thai and you have the head kick you should starting using them now because the kick will do it now if the kick is time right you will get a quick KO in the 2nd round.

Now if you go to the 3rd round do the samething with
the head kicks but if you can get him to ground slam him down and hit him with those powerful punches.

One more note: When he takes you down and your stamina is red or you are gassed he will try to submit you when this happens.
So you might want to make sure you have good submission Defense.

I am Kickboxer/Wrestler my takedown offense 58, takedown defense 62, Standing Kicks Offense 50.

Smokez
05-23-2009, 08:30 AM
lol.........

Whats so funny?

Currently have 22-2-0, only lost to Bisping and Nate 'The Great' when I was first starting out, now though I am in a fight with Demian Maia, I have beaten him twice before but whenever I fight him this time he always beats me, mainly by submission.

I start the match with 84% stamina, is that a problem? Cos' as soon as go into red stamina I get submitted.

When you are in the red it's alot easier to get knocked out and submitted. I have gone into every fight except 1 under 52% and don't think that is an issue but it might.

Zen X
05-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Well sometimes it might be but for some reason when i was fighting him he pretty much had very little energy left. I landed some really good shots but he still wouldn't go down. I don't know if this would happen to one else but you never know.

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 09:47 AM
You should add Frank Mir to the heavyweight list but i managed to beat him I just thought thats going to be your hardest fight in the heavyweight career

martdude16
05-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Beat him first time this morning, was quite easy actually. Just didn't swing any power punches and used the jab for the first round and kept the same stamina. Then in the second round he had lost more stamina than me so I carried on as normal, using power punches and knocked him out with a right hook. :)

Smokez
05-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Beat him first time this morning, was quite easy actually. Just didn't swing any power punches and used the jab for the first round and kept the same stamina. Then in the second round he had lost more stamina than me so I carried on as normal, using power punches and knocked him out with a right hook. :)

What are your stats at? And nice job.

You should add Frank Mir to the heavyweight list but i managed to beat him I just thought thats going to be your hardest fight in the heavyweight career

How'd you beat him?

List Updated.

Krueger
05-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Most fighters i have problems with are the ones who like to fight from the ground like Frank Mir and Brock Lesner. Early in the game when your take down and submission defense is low you don't stand a chance against these types of fighters.

martdude16
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
What are your stats at? And nice job.

Thanks.
I can't remember exactly, not very high. Probably around 50 overall. I am Boxer/BJJ.

Additional tips, Maia is excellent at Submission and if he wins it is most likely from submission. So high Takedown Defense and Submission Defense are recommended.

If you don't have them high enough, hold the RS back away from him and you should stop the takedown, when you can see him going for it. Can't remember what it is called, fairly new to MMA :p. (Sprawl?)

As long as you are stopping him from grounding you, and your stamina is above his.... Go for the KO! Checking his stats he is not the best at Striking Defense. Keep jabbing, and then occasionally go for the power punches.

Since then I have beat him a further 3 times, quite easily.

IMAMEX
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Having some trouble with Nate Diaz. At first, he was just getting it to the ground and wearing me down with transitions and blocking my attempts to improve my position. Right now, I made it through the first round by peppering with strikes and landing on top and just maintaining an offensive position to get him tired. 2nd rd. started and I did the same, tired him out and started dropping hooks in his ass and I got him dazed. Went to finish from the up/down position and he picked my ankle, while dazed mind you, and submitted me with a knee bar. FML

At least I'm getting closer to piecing a victory together. Trying again now.

machonach0
05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Use strong kicks to the legs and body (step kicks are EXTREMELY effective when trying to drain stamina) also getting into mount and doing body shots, or any top positions will do it. I wouldn't suggest trying to drain a guys stamina with strikes on the feet if he keeps knocking you out, that is when you want to get them to the ground (I almost never shoot for takedowns, use the clinch to bring them to the ground, otherwise you will lose a lot of stamina if they stuff your takedown.) And if they keep submitting you then use step kicks to the body and legs, a full round of that drains their stamina almost completely.

Oh yeah and get used to doing reversals if you don't have BJJ, you have to flick the right stick back right as they try to transition. This is the most effective way of reversing someone with WAY better ground grappling you.

Smokez
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I am getting destroyed by Sanchez. He only goes for a take down and it's really hard to get out of it. Once down all he does is hammer fist my face. I have rolled around with him but can't ever get back to my feet.

Zen X
05-24-2009, 06:40 AM
I just beat Diego Sanchez for the third time.

So when he took me down i made sure that i was standing again when he stands up he will leave his head open for you to get in a head kick. The head kicks are a big advantage against him since they hurt him more if you keep hitting him with the kicks or head kicks then you should have a 1st or 2nd round knock out.

I have been using this every time that i have been fighting him.

TLOR FETT
05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I can not beat Dan Henderson to defend my championship status, he gets me on the ground and gets on top and then knocks me out. Done this about 15 times now.

Smokez
05-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I just beat Diego Sanchez for the third time.

So when he took me down i made sure that i was standing again when he stands up he will leave his head open for you to get in a head kick. The head kicks are a big advantage against him since they hurt him more if you keep hitting him with the kicks or head kicks then you should have a 1st or 2nd round knock out.

I have been using this every time that i have been fighting him.

I keep trying to do that, I almost had him one fight but because he kept getting ontop of me my Stamina was so low he knocked me out.

Smokez
05-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Just beat Sanchez and about to fight GSP.

I would kick him in the head as much as possible and whenever he took me down I would just clinch and escape. Get up and kick him in the head some more. He would just take me down and we would do it all over again. If you can, try and reverse it so that you are on top and throw punches. I hit him with a lot of Hammer fists. Seemed to really hurt him and quick. After that I kept kicking him and boom, Knock out 3rd round with :47 left.

Use strong kicks to the legs and body (step kicks are EXTREMELY effective when trying to drain stamina) also getting into mount and doing body shots, or any top positions will do it. I wouldn't suggest trying to drain a guys stamina with strikes on the feet if he keeps knocking you out, that is when you want to get them to the ground (I almost never shoot for takedowns, use the clinch to bring them to the ground, otherwise you will lose a lot of stamina if they stuff your takedown.) And if they keep submitting you then use step kicks to the body and legs, a full round of that drains their stamina almost completely.

Oh yeah and get used to doing reversals if you don't have BJJ, you have to flick the right stick back right as they try to transition. This is the most effective way of reversing someone with WAY better ground grappling you.

Who is that for?

con-con
05-25-2009, 01:09 AM
im stuck on kenny florian, lightweight title fight, hes super good at submissions and gettin TKO's

con-con
05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
yeah and the F***IN CLINCH!!!!

con-con
05-25-2009, 01:23 AM
and now disregard everything i said, got a KO with head kick

Smokez
05-25-2009, 01:36 AM
What did you do to beat him? Besides the head kick so if other people are stuck on him can use it.

Zen X
05-25-2009, 03:23 AM
I am having problems beating Marcus Davis I keep getting knocked out.

happygohippo
05-25-2009, 04:01 AM
Josh Koscheck anyone have tips to beat him?
he can grapple the shit out of me and knocks me out every single time in the 2nd round, I have having a hard time getting his stamina down. Because he blocks almost every punch and kick.

Thiago123
05-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Josh Koscheck anyone have tips to beat him?
he can grapple the shit out of me and knocks me out every single time in the 2nd round, I have having a hard time getting his stamina down. Because he blocks almost every punch and kick.

Having the same trouble with Tyson Griffin in Lightweight. Trying to get the undefeated achievement and have lost to him many times. He blocks everything, when you land it does little damage and he keeps shooting over and over. The best I got so far was a split decision loss.

Was trying to get the Sub of the night trophy at some point so I invested too much into subs and not enough into striking. Subs in career mode are insanely difficult.

-T

Smokez
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
I just beat #2 Matt Serra with a RD TKO. I dominated him so easily it was weird. It was also my first fight with 100% Stamina.

DavidKelly18
05-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I can't avoid Wanderlei Silva's clinch and he just KO's me with knees to the face, how can I escape the clinch before he can start kneeing me because I can get really nice punches off on him, but he never gets rocked or anything and I don't know why.

Edit: Anybody have any suggestions?

Veritas34
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Light Heavy - Thiago Sylvia
Heavy - Frank Mir

AlphaTrion
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I can't really say I've been stuck on anyone if you stick to the basics... honestly as simple as it seems, all I've done is move in close to the COM opponent, wait until he commits and misses with a punch/kick, then do a superman punch/head kick. Spam that until you get a flash KO or you rock them and pound them on the ground. If they get too close or your back is against the cage, click down on the LS and run away. Rinse and repeat. Not the most fun way, but definitely speeds up your career, especially when going for the undefeated HoF career. Also just build up your strength, offensive strikes and offensive kicks.

Smokez
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Josh Koscheck is kicking my ass for some reason. I will be beating him for most of the fight then he lands a few good punches and I am down and out.

Yankeefan1976
07-03-2009, 03:42 AM
anyone got any tips for lesnar? I hit him with some good headkicks/jabs but he just takes me down and beats my ass everytime..... sooooooo frustrating.....

FateofVengeance
07-06-2009, 12:46 AM
I can't really say I've been stuck on anyone if you stick to the basics... honestly as simple as it seems, all I've done is move in close to the COM opponent, wait until he commits and misses with a punch/kick, then do a superman punch/head kick. Spam that until you get a flash KO or you rock them and pound them on the ground. If they get too close or your back is against the cage, click down on the LS and run away. Rinse and repeat. Not the most fun way, but definitely speeds up your career, especially when going for the undefeated HoF career. Also just build up your strength, offensive strikes and offensive kicks.

I have to say I haven't had much trouble w/ anyone either. I try not to spam though. I'm currently using a Kickboxing/wrestling mix. The best thing to do w/ any opponent is to be patient and not blow out in the 1st. Upgrade your main stats (Stamina, Strength and Speed) before anything else. Getting gassed will loose the fight for you faster than anything else. Pickyour shots from the out side. Get in the pocket when they get low in stamina. Go for the double leg if they over commit. Counter-grappling punches for takedowns works very well too. My 2 cents. 27-0 legit in this career btw.

Mikeyt086
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
anyone got any tips for lesnar? I hit him with some good headkicks/jabs but he just takes me down and beats my ass everytime..... sooooooo frustrating.....

I know how you feel man, i had such a tough time with Lesnar. The first 10-12 times i played him i would kick his ass for 2 mins, head kicks etc, then he goes for a takedown and gets it EVERYTIME. His wrestling is so good that he immediately gets into full mount, 3 or 4 hammerfirsts later i am out.

The time i beat him, i backed off, i threw in a few headkicks, tried to stay out of takedown range. 2nd round, i did the same, leg kicks, head kicks. He went for a big punch but i got my head kick in first and he went down.

Frank Mir was my next fight, again so tough, same as Lesnar exept submissions instead of hammerfist KO's. I backed off again and ended it with a headkick.

dyl2210
07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
sean sherk i cant beat the ******* he keeps knocking me out some how im 5-0 i created a char for the achievment so i have to keep restarting xbox:( any tips i got to the judgement and he won by like 1 point

ViKTiM
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
stuck on brock

Dismantled 20
07-28-2009, 01:30 AM
I can't avoid Wanderlei Silva's clinch and he just KO's me with knees to the face, how can I escape the clinch before he can start kneeing me because I can get really nice punches off on him, but he never gets rocked or anything and I don't know why.

Edit: Anybody have any suggestions?

Grapple his kicks depending on if he kicks low or high. (hit the right stick up or down)

Dismantled 20
07-28-2009, 01:32 AM

Get used to the pattern of his take downs so u can time it and sprawl.

Dismantled 20
07-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Whats so funny?

When you are in the red it's alot easier to get knocked out and submitted. I have gone into every fight except 1 under 52% and don't think that is an issue but it might.

I could see it as an issue, try to never fight under 75% untill you get really good at the game.

Absolutionz
07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm getting my ass kicked by Dan Henderson defending my belt against him for the second time. I'm 16-0 and he just shoots for the take down every time and he always gets me, then he mounts me and knocks me out. I've done this fight about 10 times now. Any tips?

Dismantled 20
07-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm getting my ass kicked by Dan Henderson defending my belt against him for the second time. I'm 16-0 and he just shoots for the take down every time and he always gets me, then he mounts me and knocks me out. I've done this fight about 10 times now. Any tips?

Body shots to take his cardio down, try to sprawl his takedowns and when you get on the ground reverse his transitions and bring it back to stand up.

Dillon Bauer
08-04-2009, 07:39 AM
diego sanchez has raped me about fifteen times now. im an idiot and accepted it im only seven fights in, the stat difference is making this almost impossible. ive been spamming ducking hooks and landing alot but he never gets rocked even if i get five huge ones in a row. then all he does is get close and spam hits to my body then takes me down and destroys me from there. i have no clue what to do, im at 82 stamina by the way.