PDA

View Full Version : Giltched achievements - Please Help

LondonLouis
05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
okay, so i've searched past threads and i'm getting very frustrated with Absolute Power is Kind of Neat. Others have said that you just need to be any civ with despotism from the start but i've completed games with the mongols and zulus (both desp) on king, and also the english with monarchy on deity (i know they said no other gov types), kept the same gov all the way through and none of them have worked. Is there any trick or will it just randomly give in. Please let me know because i'm tired of playing through chieftan (i'm guessing it would be a serious struggle to win a game with despotism all the way through on king or higher).

Also, i played two of those games on beta centauri and one from 4000bc (might that have an effect?).

My other problem is with Here's Looking at You, Kid. I've had certain great people but not had them registered after the game. To clarify, do you HAVE to use them to settle in a city to get them to register? Because i've had quite a few builders who've quick completed wonders for me but then don't show up on the leaders screen (the only one that's there is George Stevenson, and i've had at least 4 different builders).

Any help will be greatly appreciated, i realise that they'll probably just unlock randomly as i play, lol, but it is quite annoying.

Dr Gnifzenroe
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I've got the same problem. Several tries and the achievement is still locked :locked, although I didn't change my government. I tried to unlock the achievement in a free game with the Romans and in the beta centauri scenario with several cultures. Or do I have to win with all cultures without changing government?

jig8
05-24-2009, 08:21 AM
from what i belive, it's makes it easier if you start as the english, as they begin with a monarcy...

correct me if i'm wrong...:confused:

Dr Gnifzenroe
05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Ok, I finally got it. You have to play a free game at least on King difficulty and start with a civ that has despotism. I thought I already had done this before. I did it with the Americans and as nearly all achievements it is not very hard. Just three great persons missing for me and the 1000AD victory to be done.