PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Florian in Career - Impossible to Beat?

Rock In Black
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I've fought kenflo at least 10 times already and he keeps destroying me in the first round. He gets me into a muay thai clench and no matter what, I get three knees to to face. He does that twice, which rocks me, and then goes in for the TKO. Has anyone beat Kenny Florian in career?

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
havn't played that weight class... seems like you need to work on your muay thai clinch defense... its not a stat, I'm talking about you, the player.

I had trouble with Rampage cause he kept putting me in the single collar and pounding my face, but I went and learned everything you could do to get out of it, and now I wup his ass... I like it when he goes for the clinch cause now I know how to get out of it and into a better position.

GeezusDylan160
05-23-2009, 06:10 PM
havn't played that weight class... seems like you need to work on your muay thai clinch defense... its not a stat, I'm talking about you, the player.

I had trouble with Rampage cause he kept putting me in the single collar and pounding my face, but I went and learned everything you could do to get out of it, and now "I wup his ass"... I like it when he goes for the clinch cause now I know how to get out of it and into a better position.

I love how you used a Rampage quote there, not sure if anyone else caught that yet :p Anyways yeah it sounds like you need to learn how to defend the clinch better, try blocking your face? lol I'm currently in that weight class and just beat Diaz, I like the LW division, it serves for some tough and interesting fights at times. Thanks for the heads up on Kenflo btw, "I'm looking to finish fights at 155" as Kenflo would say.

machonach0
05-23-2009, 06:19 PM
I never got caught in his muay thai clinch, but I would suggest just start out by running across the ring do a strong kick to the body then clinch with him, take him down and move to mount. If you can keep mount the fight is yours easily, the same thing goes for anyone else that may be difficult. Once you have the mount all it takes is one good punch to KO them, so if you can keep mount and just transition back to mount when he reverses you then you should have no problems. Another good strategy for people that use the clinch a lot is to keep distance and keep doing step kicks to the body and legs, just to drain their stamina for a round or two. (remember when those connect to immediately block and back away.)
Once his stamina is pretty much drained he won't be looking for that clinch anymore.