PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGHLANDER7
12-24-2006, 05:28 AM
I just got home from a christmas dinner with my mexican exchange student and his family who came to visit. They gave me marvel ultimate alliance and need for speed carbon and I game home with my eyes glittering and mouth watering ready for a late night gaming marathon. Well about 5 minutes into playing marvel my xbox froze. So I turned it off and back on slightly annoyed but not at all deterred. And then......it froze during the opening graphic. At that point I was getting worried so i turned it off and on again. That's when it happened. I found myself staring into the eyes of the devil. Those three red lights shining with menacing glee. I called my mom urgently and she phoned XBox central. I followed all of the procedures that I was told, removing the hard drive ect., but I still have the 3 flashing red lights. What is my next step?

davidj1091
12-24-2006, 05:39 AM
where did you get that ravens gamercard?

CovertDog
12-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear that man. What a shitty time of the year for that to happen. You are going to have to call Microsoft back and arrange for repair, but it being the holiday, you probably have to wait until wednesday to do that. They will send you out a box to return it to them in. The whole thing shouldn't be any longer then two weeks.

ToeFurB
12-24-2006, 05:50 AM

First and foremost, I found that response to be, just about the funniest thing I've heard all day. Just cause this guys wondering about his broken box and alll this guy wants to know is where he got his gamercard.

But back to the subject at hand. You'll need to call up Microsoft again and let them know what happened and they'll send you out a box to send your 360 in and get you a working one.

RiddlingCat
12-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Talk about off topic ! :p Your next step is calling 1800 4 MY XBOX and explain to them what happened. They'll either send you a nex 360 for free or if you're warranty expired, you'll have to pay $100 something for a new one.

Jmaster Jr
12-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Just remove evrything letset 30 min to an hour and move to a well circullated area. I had this happen to me.

p.s i hope this helps

Darth Odan
12-24-2006, 06:11 AM
I just got home from a christmas dinner with my mexican exchange student and his family who came to visit. They gave me marvel ultimate alliance and need for speed carbon and I game home with my eyes glittering and mouth watering ready for a late night gaming marathon. Well about 5 minutes into playing marvel my xbox froze. So I turned it off and back on slightly annoyed but not at all deterred. And then......it froze during the opening graphic. At that point I was getting worried so i turned it off and on again. That's when it happened. I found myself staring into the eyes of the devil. Those three red lights shining with menacing glee. I called my mom urgently and she phoned XBox central. I followed all of the procedures that I was told, removing the hard drive ect., but I still have the 3 flashing red lights. What is my next step?

I had the same problem. Hardware malfunction. IF you have a warranty, use it. OR send it to Texas to fix it.

HIGHLANDER7
12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
My dad called at about one last night and they're coming to pick the 360 around Thursday and then they're going to send me a new one sometime next week. What a shitty time for this to happen. Now that I have a bunch if free time I can't even play my 360. I'm going to have to deal with using my ancient xbox :p.

Thanks for the sympathy David haha. I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly where I got this gamercard but I'm sure somebody will be able to tell you.

Spartan
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the sympathy David haha. I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly where I got this gamercard but I'm sure somebody will be able to tell you.

The gamercard came from livecard.net

Gunstar Chaos
12-24-2006, 09:43 PM
http://my.livecard.net/6919/davidj1091.png (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=4063)

Yea that sucks right at Christmas. Hopefully you can get some in home advice.

aPerfektFIaw
12-24-2006, 10:46 PM

hahahahahaha :biglaugh

IceWarm
12-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Man, that sucks. My first 360 broke after six months. I had it from April to October. The warranty was expired and Microsoft said they would look at it if I paid. And even then there was no guarantee they could fix it. The gears that work the DVD tray were shot and even the tray just popped out after those gears were no longer holding it in. I just bought a core system and put my hard drive on it.