PDA

View Full Version : Ground Game help

KING COREY 23
05-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Imhaving trouble with my ground game..

I suck at the gronud game and i wanna get better.. People seem 2 get on top of me so only my head is showing and jus beat the shit outa my head... how do i prevent this...im actually pretty good at the game...and i use rampage jackson if that helps.

i jus need help preventing them from getting on top of me lke that....wut should i do

machonach0
05-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Tutorials.

city964
05-24-2009, 06:01 AM
The tutorials are ok, but they dont teach everything you need to know about the ground game and reversals. Basically, if you are in career mode, you need to make sure you level up your CAFs takedown, submission, and ground offense/defense from the beginning by sparring as much as possible. I created two different fighters in the same weight class and found that the one I just trained with strength, speed, and cardio was good at just punches and kicks but once I got taken down it was over in a few seconds. My second fighter, however, was in the higher 60s and 70s with takedowns, submissions, and ground stuff and has been pretty much unstoppable by even the best ground game fighters in the game (18-0-0 and my overall rating is like 58). All in all, just make sure you up your stats for the first 4 or 5 fights with just sparring (you may have to start over/totally up to you) and to get maximum points, spar at no less than 80% stamina and try to knock down you opponent at leas once.

Midnight Malice
05-24-2009, 07:17 AM
I went the complete opposite with my guy, I trained him in Cardio all the way up, then strength and speed pretty evenly, by the time you get all 3 of those up you will have a better sparring partner and be able to get a hell of a lot more points from sparring, that way you can build his skills faster in much fewer sparring sessions. If you never fight for the belt, the difficulty never raises that much and you have time to build your fighter, so when you finally do you can keep it.