PDA

View Full Version : Rate the achievement difficulty.

Bronxs
05-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Can someone please tell me the achievement difficulty in this game? Thanks!

YoshiMiyamoto
05-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Most of the achievements are very easy, and just take a little time - you will get to 700-800 with very little problem. The toughest achievement is probably "That We May Live In Peace" where you have to win the game on King difficulty by 1000 AD. The achievements for winning different types of victories on Deity (the hardest) difficulty will also take some patience and planning.

Some people also have difficulty getting all the great people to appear, but for most they will come with time and simply playing the game. I would not use one of the tricks to get that achievement until you have all the others.

Overall out of 10 I would rate the difficulty a 5. Most of the achievements are easy, and you can get them all by following the guide here and reading some posts on the board.

zimzvm
05-27-2009, 07:24 AM
if you play by yourself I'd rate the achievements 5/10 also.
but if you follow the well written guides here on the forums it's more like a 3/10. they are really easy when you know what to do.

the only achievement that is utterly stupid due to no control of what you get. getting all the great is really frustrating unless you have lots of luck and you get all of them during doing the rest of achievements. I'm still missing two of them and I gave up. I simply don't have time and nerves to look for something that actually may not be there. the great persons show up very randomly, and all the corresponding technologies seem to don't have any influence of who you get. pity as this game is really good but thanks to this it's also very annoying.
even though the worst part of the game is that it has replayability anywhere near Civ4. and if you have all the achievements you can get it has nothing more to offer. at least for me - Civ4 veteran ; ]

other than that I rate Civ Rev as a very good game but also the game that has little to offer long-term.

Razzattack99
05-27-2009, 09:11 AM
6/10, only because of "heres looking at you kid" took me a few hours of boredom. took me 3 days to 1000G

zimzvm
05-27-2009, 09:24 AM
it's not difficult but stupid.
I don't like achievements where the game uses cheap tricks to not make me grab them but I hate even more achievements where I don't have any influence on what I get. I see no point in spending hours of praying to get two missing persons. 45GS is not worth my time ; ]

KwH x Fatality
05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I haven't completed the game yet, but the achievements seem kind of easy, so about 5/10 maybe 6, i don't know i've not completed it.

Primate
05-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Spent about 15+ hours trying to get one last great person who just will not appear no matter what. (Gilgamesh)
All the other achievements were very easy and probably a 4-5/10 for the 955 gs.
The last 45gs is just pure luck so 10/10 from me.

Bahaumaut
07-09-2009, 03:02 AM
For those having trouble getting the right Great leaders, here's a few notes.

First, I believe a leader has a 'requirement' of a specific technology before (s)he can be gotten. The requirement is in the Civpedia; each leader has a technology associated with them.

Second, leaders need a lot of culture, so anything that can boost it quickly is good. The Beta Centauri guide is good in that you can boost it quickly in Real-time, but full culture output may be limited per-turn compared to having a few extra cities, or building certain buildings. Additionally, with all techs unlocked at the start, Beta Centauri gives you a chance for all great leaders from the outset, for better or worse.

Third, and probably the worst... I don't think the same leader can spawn twice in a map. And if someone else gets the leader first, you can hope to hunt them down in one of the enemy cities, if they haven't been used up for their special ability.