PDA

View Full Version : Mobile x360a

LoveAGramm
05-25-2009, 05:37 AM
For starters...I searched and came up empty.

I have a BlackBerry and I'm CONSTANTLY on the site. It loads my checklists, as well as, guides if need be. Granted its slower and doesnt load amazingly fast, but it works. When it comes to the forum side of the site, it tends to not work so well. I'll spend like 5 minutes simply getting to a thread, reading and struggling to make my post (BlackBerry Storm FTL on the forums). It doesn't really load private messages or visitor messages without about 5 refreshes (if I'm lucky). I'm not sure on the specifics of cost, manpower or even site technology, but it would be AWESOME if there was a kind of scaled down version of the site that was phone friendly.

P.S. I really appreciate everything anyone does for the site from roadmaps and guides to donating to active participation in the forum community and etcetera. I could go on and on for days. When I get my finances in order, I'll definitely be donating myself.

The Pants Party
05-25-2009, 02:07 PM
I can't remember where exactly, but I think you can turn signatures off in your preferences somewhere. I'm sure just avoiding the plethora of images from signatures would drastically cut down load times.

EDIT: Ok, go Quick Links > Edit Options > Thread Display Options

LoveAGramm
05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
THanks for such a quick response. I never thought about it like that. I guess what I can do is turn stuff off whenever I log off my pc so if I choose to use the phone, its more fluid.

P.S. I'll try and think of other stuff to improve the site.