PDA

View Full Version : I have FFWF bass tips!!!!!!!!!!

UJustWanna
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Okay so turn your bass all the way up and guitar all the way down. NOW go into practice and practice the WHOLE SONG on guitar. But don't play any notes. Just listen to the bass. This is very important to know the rhythm of the bass. After that, its cake =]

B4d33nD
05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
You can also just play bass and strum the notes when they come across the strumline thing.

Quack Afflack
05-25-2009, 05:14 PM
learn the tempo my sightread was 140K and after a week im 6th on scorehero with 404k

Nirumano
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Okay so turn your bass all the way up and guitar all the way down. NOW go into practice and practice the WHOLE SONG on guitar. But don't play any notes. Just listen to the bass. This is very important to know the rhythm of the bass. After that, its cake =]

I tried this, didn't help me one bit. Guess I might be jewish, huh?

Crimson Ridley
05-25-2009, 10:08 PM
You can also just play bass and strum the notes when they come across the strumline thing.

I tried that to help me get the achievement. It worked perfectly, I highly recommend this tip.

Guaranteed satisfaction or your baby back!

But I'll add to it, every time these words flash upon your screen; "Star Power Ready", tilt the guitar or press the Back button when there are a lot or 3 note chords.

If, after numerous attempts you still cannot get the achievement then you are probably a failure and need to ask yourself why you were even born. I hear they are looking for people to help retards across the road. You should do that instead, just don't be suprised when someone grabs your hand at the crossing...

(I'm not that mean, if you can't do it, just keep practising, it's tough but there is quite a big room for error in this song. As long as you can hit the beginning part, which repeats a lot, and the part that goes 1-2-2-1-2-2-1-2-2 etc., as well as the 3 note chords, you'll be fine.)

Good luck guys. :)

Itsbrown4606
05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Or, option 3, call shenanigans and go back to Rock Band. OK, that's enough Guitar Hero bashing out of me. :p

Really, you need to be good at Fight Fire With Fire to even consider getting that achievement. Same with Creeping Death... and Dyer's Eve.

Crimson Ridley
05-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Or, option 3, call shenanigans and go back to Rock Band. OK, that's enough Guitar Hero bashing out of me. :p

Really, you need to be good at Fight Fire With Fire to even consider getting that achievement. Same with Creeping Death... and Dyer's Eve.

Or you could do the "call shenanigans" bit, works wonders for some. :p

I love the last part, you need to be good. :) There's not really going to be achievement that says "Play complete shit at FFWF, and we'll give you this achievement so you don't suicide yourself in the face." :p

Yunder
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
If, after numerous attempts you still cannot get the achievement then you are probably a failure and need to ask yourself why you were even born. I hear they are looking for people to help retards across the road. You should do that instead, just don't be suprised when someone grabs your hand at the crossing...

Why was I born? If I can't get this achievement then what is the point in living? WHY GOD WHY!!!!!! WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO!!!! *sobs*

Nirumano
05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Why was I born? If I can't get this achievement then what is the point in living? WHY GOD WHY!!!!!! WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO!!!! *sobs*

Same here.. Anyone wants my xbox when i find the rope?

Rooster425
05-26-2009, 12:05 AM
I agree with the above posts, knowing the bass line isn't going to help people get the achievement. It may help if someone's struggling with figuring out the rhythm to strum it, but it still comes down to skill with the instrument. I know Creeping Death very well, but as it stands I'm not getting the achievement for it.

UJustWanna
05-26-2009, 01:13 AM
but this is completely different. I couldnt do the verses and i figured out the rhythm for it and got it my second try after listening to it.

Rooster425
05-26-2009, 03:21 AM
It's not different at all, it all comes down to being able to play the song. You can know the rhythm and still not full combo a song, as it depends on the difficulty of the chart. So yeah, it's wrong to say it's a piece of cake if you get the rhythm down because being able to get the achievement is still infinitely more grounded in skill.

Dazz
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
It's not different at all, it all comes down to being able to play the song. You can know the rhythm and still not full combo a song, as it depends on the difficulty of the chart. So yeah, it's wrong to say it's a piece of cake if you get the rhythm down because being able to get the achievement is still infinitely more grounded in skill.

Yeah exactly, I can play FFWF easily on guitar but the charts for the Hard and Expert difficulties are a nightmare when you play them in this game as opposed to real life so knowing a rhythm doesn't really help. It's knowing the charts and getting the timing down that helps on this game.

Kinda funny though how the easiest songs to play on the real instruments have the most weirdly arranged chart yet the harder songs in real life have ridiculously simple charts on the game.