PDA

View Full Version : Got an Idea? No point...

jamieCR7
05-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Just thought I would tell anyone wanting to submit an idea, there isn't much point really!

I had simply made a suggestion, which wasn't even understood properly, and all i got was abuse from some people for giving an "idea". For example, the awards system apparently already has a points system, i asked where the points were shown, and never got a correct answer or a meaningful one!

As people pointed out, having a gold award for Unknown gamerpics has the same value as a bronze award, and in my opinion that wasn't recognised.

Really respect the community on these forums, but i feel that some people don't appreciate that i was only making a suggestion.

jackanape
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
So because your idea got shot down you are going to take your bat and ball home and not play anymore? Good attitude.

People are free to make suggestions but you have to be prepared for a negative response too.

Your idea was to assign points values to site awards - why? The award is reward enough and plenty of people in your old thread pointed that out. There is NO point system already in place, someone was just being sarcastic when they suggested there was.

The awards reward contributions and that is that, assigning points to them would just make the whole thing into some kind of contest which isn't really promoting good contributors - it just encourages people to try and one up each other.

I'm sure this will be locked soon so please don't make any more petulant responses just because you didn't get your own way. Thanks.

jamieCR7
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
So because your idea got shot down you are going to take your bat and ball home and not play anymore? Good attitude.

People are free to make suggestions but you have to be prepared for a negative response too.

Your idea was to assign points values to site awards - why? The award is reward enough and plenty of people in your old thread pointed that out. There is NO point system already in place, someone was just being sarcastic when they suggested there was.

The awards reward contributions and that is that, assigning points to them would just make the whole thing into some kind of contest which isn't really promoting good contributors - it just encourages people to try and one up each other.

I'm sure this will be locked soon so please don't make any more petulant responses just because you didn't get your own way. Thanks.
I thought it would get this type of response, however i am not going to take my bat and ball home. I will continue to use this site and i enjoy using it at that too.

And just becasue you try and manipulate this to make me out to be a dick, i will reply and say if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything. People like you are the epitome of my original post on this idea!

Finally, i didn't want my own way i would've preferred a straight answer to be honest. People like you should be helping the community not condemning them.

jackanape
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought it would get this type of response, however i am not going to take my bat and ball home. I will continue to use this site and i enjoy using it at that too.

And just becasue you try and manipulate this to make me out to be a dick, i will reply and say if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything. People like you are the epitome of my original post on this idea!

Finally, i didn't want my own way i would've preferred a straight answer to be honest. People like you should be helping the community not condemning them.

If you'd bothered to read my answer you would have seen the straight answer you so craved - there is no need for points for awards because the award itself is enough.

I haven't manipulated anything. Your idea got shot down and then you make another thread to tell everyone that they shouldn't bother posting ideas at all because (in your words) what's the point?

If you'd have stuck to your own advice of 'if you have nothing constructive to say.....' then you wouldn't have made this post on the first place.

People like me (as you so charmingly put it) help a lot of people around the site and I give up my own time and money to write guides, roadmaps and reviews. What the hell have you contributed other than to get on your high horse and say 'don't make suggestions' just because someone didn't like your idea.

Hayden
05-25-2009, 09:13 PM
People like you should be helping the community not condemning them.

Lol you obviously have no idea how much Jackanape does for the site/community.

Ideas and suggestions are always welcome, members who have suggested things in the past have received the bright idea award and members with great ideas have won the member of the month accolade (TarekEygpt and Method)

If you submit an idea you should expect all types of feedback positive and negative.

How can you say a bronze and gold award have the same value???

The Pants Party
05-25-2009, 09:20 PM
My response to your suggestion was sarcastic. There is no points system for the awards, nor does there need to be one... so because I felt like being an ass, I said each one was worth a single point, making it easy to see everyone's "score" - 1 award, 1 point.

I understood your suggestion, but obviously my joke was lost on you... as was my final response before I closed the thread that specifically answered your suggestion.

Essentially the award itself is reward enough. There is no reason to put a value on it.

jamieCR7
05-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Hayden i understand people like yourself and the guy above you do things for the site, but in that instant i just don't understand why people need to be such an ass about things.

Again, I am just going to get shot down by another comment from some high in the hierchy on x360a, but i'm only voicing my opinion! By all means keep up the incredible work.

jamieCR7
05-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Obviously the joke was lost on you, as was my final response before I closed the thread that specifically answered your suggestion.
Oh, well i just thought someone as respected as you would have just gave me a straight answer that's all.

The Pants Party
05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I figured you would have got the joke and left it at that, but then you didn't and everyone else got involved before I checked the site again, which was when I closed it and gave you the straight answer. Oh well, case is solved now. Let's move on!