PDA

View Full Version : So...What's It like?

WoodsMonk
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Has anyone got it or played it..How is it?

SK L4xX
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
technically it's the best tennis game ever made...there are absolutely no negative things about this game yet except the mini-game bullshit concept but that's ine very tennis game for some reason...

I PERVYPRIEST I
05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
It's a lot more tedious than VT3, like world tour mode takes a lot longer.

I'm already bored of the game now and I have just started in the pro tour (you have to start of as amateur).

I'm a bit upset at how easy the academy's were, I got gold on them on 1st try except one. They're nothing compared to VT3 you don't even get a expert category, you just get beginner and advanced which is like the 1st 2 difficulties on vt3.

It will be a lot easier 1k than VT3 but more time consuming plus a lot of secret achievements are still unknown

wii60own
05-26-2009, 05:34 AM
yer it is the best tennis game out, and its tidus if you think tennis is boring in genral which is to be expected because who will buy a tennis game that thinks tennis is boring, o and other than that if you like tennis its a must buy ;)

PeRFeCK
05-27-2009, 02:33 AM
i'm not liking the game too much to be honest....the only way u can make ur guy better is to buy a better racket, and change his style (strong forehand, rocket serve, etc) which is very stupid. i like it when tennis games give some sort of stat that u can improve and customize how you see fit. world tour mode is becoming boring as hell, if i win a SINGLES + DOUBLES tournament i only move up 3 ranks. well thats great, now i have to win like 20 tournaments just to get ranked #1 amateur, before i can turn pro and start all over again. meh...........im dissapointed.

oh yeah, and there are plenty of glitches! if your left handed and you serve as close to the middle line as possible, on the AD side, guy moves all over the place in ur serve motion. on top of that, ive noticed a few times that ive lost 2 weeks instead of 1 when doign certain quests, i dont freaking know why and that totaly messes up ur schedule if ur planning. level 4 of the block challenge keeps failing me even though i get over 10K points, in fact once i got 12k points, and it says FAILED for some freaking reason, WTF? in addition, once i didnt rest up and i lost , get this, ELEVEN weeks due to some bs injury. game has frozen up on me a few times as well........:( :(

CLB Left 4 Dead
05-28-2009, 02:23 PM
The game is good but there are a few slight issues i have, the quality of the created characters is shocking - they look terrible and they all have exactly the same face. Drop shots no longer have the satisfying noise that lets everyone know you did a drop shot, also no diving shots - it was so much fun online just managing to save the shots by diving and gradually turning the pay in your favour.

Wolfgang360
05-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Well to be fair I prefer the fact that you cannot dive for every shot that you are missing. As a tennis fan it is one of the things that annoyed me in the last Virtua Tennis. But I am still dissapointed with this game overal. The fact that I have now played 75 tennis matches in World Tour mode and have only reached ranked 60 in AMATUER is really starting to irritate now. I have moved up 2 places for every tournament I have played, each consisting of 3 matches so I have another 90 matches before I reach number one and consequently rank 100 in Professional Tour where I will have to start again? Damn! Also the fact that I have only lost 6 points in 75 matches shows me it is terribly unrealistic. And again with Virtua Tennis games you can hit 5,000 groudstrokes before you accidentally hit the ball long or wide. It is an unrealistic game with a terrible lack of shot selection and the graphics on the created players look terrible. Bring back Top Spin 3 that seemed to have some realism and challenge to the game.

CLB Left 4 Dead
05-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I think Virtua Tennis 2009 is more realistic than #3 with more emphasis on defensive shots not just power and it is better than Top Spin 3 which had poor controls and was just an annoying game, it is the rank progression in world though and i think how your players skills develop is worse than in #3. Pretty sure when you reach rank 1 in amatuer you go to rank 150 in proffesional.

Online games through the online hq in world tour are a good addition but do rookies only play other rookies or as other players get good stats will your rookie have to play proffesionals online?

darkangelizer
05-30-2009, 06:33 AM
it is better than smash court but much worst than top spin. it is completly arcade. the presentation of the players is horrible, your caracters seems horror movies zombies. players move too fast, it is not very tecnical

slmmzy
05-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Been playing this game for a while, but to tell you the truth, it hasn't a patch on VT3.

No Negative things? My ass it doesn't have any.

- Players are too fast now, and can return almost any ball whatsoever
- Balls don't feel quick enough
- Ball looks like a cricket ball now
- The removal of the VT3 smashing sounds with much softer sounds

And thats just about the gameplay. The game itself is glitchy and buggy as hell. For a while I was playing tennis with a polygon ball, constant stopping and starting between points. Even installed to harddrive and these bugs were still there.

I have been playing tennis for years, plus I love tennis games, but this game is a step in the wrong direction for the virtua tennis series.
I agree with the points you've made. I'm hoping it's just a case of having to adapt to a new system and not play it like you would in VT3. I can't seem to get any kind of power shot in myself even with ample time to do so. Maybe it's just a case of timing and precision. Time will tell.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the World Tour is a lot less enjoyable than VT3's.

ScottCorno1987
05-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Better than VT3... the stupid dives have been removed.

Finding World Tour a bit long... but that hasn't stopped me playing 3 seasons and getting in the top 25 of the amateur ranks.. though I wonder what happens after getting to number 1.

I've not experienced any of the technical glitches above... only that my character randomly changed clothes.. but thats all ok now.

Jonesy2008
05-31-2009, 12:29 AM
I have a whole list of friends who all love the game and have had no glitch problems at all. Online is enjoyable with or without friends and World Tour is excellent, even if it is time consuming. Everyone who is complaining, go and trade it in and buy your godly "VT3", because the majority of people enjoy this game.

sleath
05-31-2009, 03:21 PM
this is by far the best tennis game out, i am rank 60 in amateur, yes world tour is a long game but those who complain that they are rank1 in amateur and bored simply should not have spent that much time on the game since its release a few days ago.... online is great with good variety, world tour is long and the complaint about someone losing 6 out of 5000 rallys is true but i doubt that will be the case at the high end of the pro tour after all he is playing the amatuer tour... however its a good world tour, mini games a back and better than vt3 the whole game offers more than vt3. the clothing glitch is something i have had but to be honest character customisation dont both me when i play so no probs. the game is not an over night 1k on points, it should be done over due time and not rushed and with that it will be respected for what it is........ i was hoping for difficult academy missions again like pervy priest and im gutted he says they are easy because im proud i got them all first time when clearly others struggle but never mind.......... to put this game down is a sin and those who put it down need to ask themselves this question 'what more can developers do with a tennis game apart from give tim henman a gun so that he could wipe out all opposition and make a wimbledon final for once........... enjoy