PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of this problem!! HELP!!

Painkiller Q8
05-26-2009, 05:46 AM
http://forum.utorrent.com/img/avatars/1623.jpg
AHH SHIT!!

Guys, I have a problem now and I am sick of it...!

what if you can not (join a game, a party, chat..etc) with your best friend throw XBL ?? sucks eh??

well, after getting my new Internet Connection (3Mb ADSL ) IGOT A PROBLEM!The problem is I can't play or join or even invite to party or chat with my specific friend !! why??

I played all games with my other friends .. everything is ok !! except him!!

but when my other friend invited us both to the party .. it was ok,, we were at the same party and game throw the other friend!! but me and him !!! NO!! we can't join each other directly!! WTF!!

is it cos of the router or the xbox360 or WTF ?????

any info or help? :(

jackanape
05-26-2009, 07:05 AM
My former housemate had this EXACT same problem. He could chat or join games from all of his other friends barring one. The solution was usually to unplug the router (for both people) and then reconnect it - that would usually free up the problem.

The underlying issue though is with one of your routers, as it started to occur straight after his buddy got a brand new router and service provider. So I put it down to that being the probable cause.

Painkiller Q8
05-26-2009, 07:13 AM
My former housemate had this EXACT same problem. He could chat or join games from all of his other friends barring one. The solution was usually to unplug the router (for both people) and then reconnect it - that would usually free up the problem.

The underlying issue though is with one of your routers, as it started to occur straight after his buddy got a brand new router and service provider. So I put it down to that being the probable cause.

oh! C'mon man.. why should I get a new router .. I just got an expensive one!! very cool router ... but some people say I have to go into the router's setting and do something like "dmz host" or something ... but I want someone to guide me to that shit ! :(

Glowin Smurff
05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
could be your isp too....and i think i'm going w/ that as the culprit, because you said this happened after you got your new service.

Psycho Chickan
05-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I've had the exact same problem when trying to help people with Fable achievements and boosting Prey. One constant thruout it all was.... they had the same provider. Gold star for the smurfster!

Considering you can play with some people you can assume your connection to the Xbox Live Servers is fine. If you can connect, and they can connect then logically the problem must be between the live server they connect to and the one you connect to. This could be server, ISP, . . . a thousand reasons. I would assume that the third party mentioned above was connecting to a live server that had decent access to both the others.

I'm lucky enough to have access to two connections (one Telstra and one Internode) in Australia. For example my Internode connection will not connect with people using Virgin or BT but the Telstra one will.

Not sure what you can do about it to fix the problem but it might be worth comparing providers with your special friend and then logging a call with them. If they're anything like Aussie providers they probably won't care or have the expertise to properly answer you but I digest....

Of course the alternate option is that two Xbox Live servers were just having trouble establishing connections to each other so it could be unrelated to the ISP.

Celestial Being
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
maybe i can be of some help. As this was happening to me last week until i fixed it with the help of xbox customer service and the maker of my router.

first i called xbox and they told me i needed to open my ports so they gave me the numbers i needed and then i called netgear and they helped me open the ports.

now i can private chat and play with the people i couldnt before.

maybe try that, and see if it works. i didnt have to get a new router or anything

LoveAGramm
05-26-2009, 09:00 AM
i tried to do this the other day and couldnt link up with a friend for gears.

Simzo
05-26-2009, 09:21 AM
maybe i can be of some help. As this was happening to me last week until i fixed it with the help of xbox customer service and the maker of my router.

first i called xbox and they told me i needed to open my ports so they gave me the numbers i needed and then i called netgear and they helped me open the ports.

now i can private chat and play with the people i couldnt before.

maybe try that, and see if it works. i didnt have to get a new router or anything

That wouldn't work cos he in the Middle East. Live isn't supported there so really opening his ports could prove difficult. You could try - http://www.portforward.com/.

That's what I used to forward my ports and it's pretty easy.

Basher72
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Hmm Nice idea might have a look at portforward thing

dakisbac
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Issues like this my suggestion is ALWAYS to do a direct connection (no router). If you don't want to do that, then don't, I don't care. But it is the only thing that will work 100% guaranteed

AOS Puck
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
It is a possibility that both you and your friend have a Strict NAT and Strict NATs can't connect directly to each other. The reason you can connect through a third friend is probably because they have an Open NAT which allows them to connect to anyone. There used to be a way to check your NAT before NXE, but I'm not sure how to find out now.

Suprachris
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I regularly have the same problem with a friend.
We used to play together, then a day "something" happened that made this impossible, it has been "solved" by the NXE, then once again we couldn't play together, and from last week we can play again.

I had tried the DMZ stuff on both our routers, but it didn't change anything.

Simzo
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
It is a possibility that both you and your friend have a Strict NAT and Strict NATs can't connect directly to each other. The reason you can connect through a third friend is probably because they have an Open NAT which allows them to connect to anyone. There used to be a way to check your NAT before NXE, but I'm not sure how to find out now.

You can't check you NAT directly on NXE but once you run the LIVE connection test it will tell you if there is a fault with your NAT (i.e Strict/Moderate).

Tron
05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
www.portforward.com

choose your router, follow the steps.

Ingles
05-26-2009, 05:50 PM
This is a annoying issue that I've also had in the past. For me, it was a combination of resetting my modem, router, and even clearing the cache on my Xbox 360. I've not had the problem in a long time.

Painkiller Q8
05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
guys.. I am mad !!!

this is my router model :

Thomson TG585 v7

help me guys :(

Old Fecker
05-27-2009, 09:42 AM
guys.. I am mad !!!

this is my router model :

Thomson TG585 v7

help me guys :(

Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874/en-us

You or your mate will probably need to open a certain port (i forget which). I had the same problem until the friend i was having problems with did this.

If that fails then try the www.portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com) site that was mentioned a few times before.

xTHSx Rascal
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I think its Due to a "STRICT or Moderate" NAT im not sure how you find out what yours is since the nxt update it doesnt say anymore

GTukC
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I know this isn't the right place but is anyone else having problems connecting to LIVE, or via console or internet.

It keeps telling me I am fully connected but can't connect to LIVE, and the website says server too busy?! Thanks.

x Dante x
05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Xbox LIVE is down at the moment for lots of people.

GTukC
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks Dante, I thought it was just me hehe was bit worried there! Just maintenence or something then I guess?!

Contrah
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
LIVE is back up now anyway.

Ryan-3
05-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Whats wrong is your routers NAT is STRICT or MODERATE. Easiest way is to portforward. Use here (http://www.portforward.com/) to get a step by step guide of doing it and make sure your xbox has its own fixed IP address ( example = 192.168.1.100 )
On the system tab on the dashboard, to to network settings. And its the first one ( i think ) and then click the one with the IP on and change to MANUAL. Keep everything the same as it was and only change the IP.

And then use that one on the port forwarding. It should be perfectly fine after that.

EliteShadowMan
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Are you guys sure its not his friends internet problems? Both of my friends couldn't join the same party unless if i hosted one and they both actually had crap internet lol.

B T E R
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
this happened with me and a friend, what i did was:
1. go to my xbox
2. go to my settings
3. go to networks settings
4. got to configure network
5. go to the advanced settings blade
6. click on restore to factory defaults.
after that i restarted my xbox and i could connect to him again.