PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, stuck after the 30% area

TXClark
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm stuck in the area where I have the bigger guy standing on the button so it causes a step to come out of the wall and I have to leave him there while I go and clime up the wall and across while trying to avoid the saws. I can only get so far and have no where to go, it almost looks like I need to jump on the saw and it'll get over to the next platform but I cant get that to work.

PSonic
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm at the same point right now. Can someone help me out here?

JC
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm at the same point right now. Can someone help me out here?
You know you can go on the faint lined edges, but they crumble eventually and you will fall, so you go along them so you can jump across the saw.

I was stuck at this part for hours, as I did not realise you could go on the faint ledges.

And you can switch between Asterix and Obelix when Asterix is on the ledges to move different ledges in and out.

Hope that helped, I am pretty sure that is the part you are stuck on?

PSonic
06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
You know you can go on the faint lined edges, but they crumble eventually and you will fall, so you go along them so you can jump across the saw.

I was stuck at this part for hours, as I did not realise you could go on the faint ledges.

And you can switch between Asterix and Obelix when Asterix is on the ledges to move different ledges in and out.

Hope that helped, I am pretty sure that is the part you are stuck on?

Thank you! I will try this out later when I'm at home.

It's stuff like this that makes me feel a bit foolish sometimes. I literally spent 30 minutes trying to jump up to the ledge before the saw blades (the one that isn't there until Obelix stands on the switch to reveal it).

I understand what you're saying to be the following: Once I make it past the first 2 saw blades, there's a ledge for me to grab. From there, there's 2 or 3 more faint ledges that I can jump to (continuing over the top of the saw blade to drop down to where the next switch is).

Thanks again! Like I said, I'll be giving this a shot later.

PSonic
06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks JC! You were spot on with the advice. I made is past the saw blades but now I'm stuck again. Still within this area, there's a switch that only Asterix can get to by climbing up some steps and going through a short tunnel.

Once Asterix stands on the switch, a portion of ground rises up. There's a block that you move in order to get Asterix up to the switch in the first place. However, I can't seem to move the block up any type of slope.

Do you remember at all what's going on here?

JC
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks JC! You were spot on with the advice. I made is past the saw blades but now I'm stuck again. Still within this area, there's a switch that only Asterix can get to by climbing up some steps and going through a short tunnel.

Once Asterix stands on the switch, a portion of ground rises up. There's a block that you move in order to get Asterix up to the switch in the first place. However, I can't seem to move the block up any type of slope.

I don't remember that part, I only seem to remember the parts I got stuck on. :p

Though you could try lifting the block up the slope?

If it cannot be done, then you are probably focusing on the wrong thing, that was my motto for this game.

KRS
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Gah, I just got to this point in the game last night. I got Obelix on the button, and promptly fell over the edge. When I saw that the respawn point after this death was back where you have to hit the targets, I turned the game off.

This game is proving to be more of a headache than I was expecting. Reading the guide and road map, I thought I'd have it beat in one or two evenings. But here I am at a mere 30% after almost 4 hours of play!

KRS
06-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Phew - got past it. Wasn't that bad once I stopped overthinking things (and falling).

The chariot race against what's his name seemed tough until I just started focusing on using the shield and matching the right thumbstick commands. He crashed enough on his own without me wrecking my ride trying to hit him.

mark21667
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Gah, I just got to this point in the game last night. I got Obelix on the button, and promptly fell over the edge. When I saw that the respawn point after this death was back where you have to hit the targets, I turned the game off.

This game is proving to be more of a headache than I was expecting. Reading the guide and road map, I thought I'd have it beat in one or two evenings. But here I am at a mere 30% after almost 4 hours of play!

Where is this guide please?

CandidGamera
06-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Does anyone know the answer to this? Obelix is stuck with a block he can't lift - but even when he and Asterix are together, there doesn't seem to be anywhere they can pile the block. When I try to do it up a slope, they just drop it. Dogmatix keeps barking at the bottom of the pillar that rose when Asterix stands on the button, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere up there.

God, this game is frustrating.