PDA

View Full Version : As a drummer... Too Easy...

kevinbeck12713
05-27-2009, 03:31 AM
When is there finally gonna be an achievement that really tests drummers' skills? And here I thought Guitar Hero liked to reward their truly skilled players with hard acheivements (getting 750k on a song in GH3)(getting 625k or whatever it is on Creeping Death for this game)

When is their gonna be a REALLY hard drum acheivement? And the one for Dyer's Eve is laughable... I got like 200k points over what was needed... really? I want something that I might actually have to try more than once to get....

Sorry for sounding bitchy. But ya know.

Lucent Beam
05-27-2009, 05:32 AM
But ya know, it's a game. As in, not real drums.
For some people, all the guitar achievements are laughable and don't require extra effort if you're already that good. So you're already that good at drums: oh well, nothing is going to be difficult for you. That comes with the territory of mastering any rhythm game: once you get too good, nothing is a challenge anymore.

Itsbrown4606
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
When is there finally gonna be an achievement that really tests drummers' skills? And here I thought Guitar Hero liked to reward their truly skilled players with hard acheivements (getting 750k on a song in GH3)(getting 625k or whatever it is on Creeping Death for this game)

When is their gonna be a REALLY hard drum acheivement? And the one for Dyer's Eve is laughable... I got like 200k points over what was needed... really? I want something that I might actually have to try more than once to get....

Sorry for sounding bitchy. But ya know.

Inflated ego much?

CunningFox
05-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Ha Speak for Yourself,

Most people find the drums very hard.

Not me Though :P

ILoveAztecChick
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
He has a point. The harder guitar score achievements have always required you to do relatively well on expert, while you can get the drum score achievements playing on medium.

I think they are trying to scale the achievements along with the skill level of the general population. People have not had as much time to pick up the drums as the guitar, and it does seem harder in general because of hand-foot independence. Also, the GH drum achievements came at a time when they were making the achievements easier in response to backlash over GH3's hard ones.

However, they do seem to be starting to make them harder, if the rumored Van Halen drum achievements are real.

kevinbeck12713
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Inflated ego much?

nah i'm just saying the fact that thers a possibility of getting 200k over is annoying, but for creeping death the max points you can get is like only 10k over what the achievement says to do.

CunningFox
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
nah i'm just saying the fact that thers a possibility of getting 200k over is annoying, but for creeping death the max points you can get is like only 10k over what the achievement says to do.

Well i suppose the game is called "Guitar" Hero after all....

Drums aren't their main priority.

kevinbeck12713
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Well i suppose the game is called "Guitar" Hero after all....

Drums aren't their main priority.

mmm... good point. well the same can be said for rock band too

DENAz666
05-28-2009, 06:25 AM
lol don't worry you don't sound bitchy... just big headed :P

Alfman1
05-28-2009, 06:40 AM
These guys bitching at you don't know shit.

The fact is..

I 3 starred in on expert+ and still beat the score by over 150K

Where as, with creeping death, I got 591K which is 16K over.

aswell as Fight fire with fire.. You have to do pretty good on expert to get the score..

Where as you get muppets coming on Medium, who aren't good at all at the drums getting the achievements..

Panda
05-29-2009, 01:17 AM
I've yet to play this song on GH:M as the game is out here tommorow, so gonna play it then but..

Assassin 222k was piss easy. So I kind of agree.

I'm not even a drummer really. I can just about do all the songs on Expert.

Don't forget - drums are still kind of a new thing, gotta ease the crowd into it then destroy them :).

PerpetualHeaven
05-29-2009, 02:25 AM
I've yet to play this song on GH:M as the game is out here tommorow, so gonna play it then but..

Assassin 222k was piss easy. So I kind of agree.

I'm not even a drummer really. I can just about do all the songs on Expert.

Don't forget - drums are still kind of a new thing, gotta ease the crowd into it then destroy them :).

Didn't really ease the crowd in with the guitar on GH3 ;) I agree with the drums, though. I'm not good at all. I probably can never do this achievement myself, but the fact you can do it on medium speaks volumes of how easy drum achievements are.

TwistedFate
05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
So what I'm saying is, casual gamers, scum of the earth. That is all.

If it weren't for casual gamers, the video game industry would not exist. That is all.

Pong, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Space Invaders. All cornerstones of the video games industry. All casual games played by casual gamers.

Panda
05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
If it weren't for casual gamers, the video game industry would not exist. That is all.

I'm 99% sure that he was kidding and being sarcastic xD.

I've been playing this game for awhile and it does seem pretty easy. Only the really hard drum songs provide challenge like Dyer's Eve but the rest are a joke tbh.

GH3 is the hardcore one, took me almost a year to get TTFAF and *5 all of expert.

The new Guitar Hero achievements are a joke.

UJustWanna
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, i suck at drums. I agree that the achievements should be just like gh3 achievements. (except for 750K) Which I got of course due to All Nightmare Long. Anyways. I barely got the dyers eve achievement. I think the creeping death one was fun. It was like going for an FC. Idk. Just my opinion

FieLdHouZ
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Well, i suck at drums. I agree that the achievements should be just like gh3 achievements. (except for 750K) Which I got of course due to All Nightmare Long. Anyways. I barely got the dyers eve achievement. I think the creeping death one was fun. It was like going for an FC. Idk. Just my opinion

Just like the FFWF achievement. Very challenging. I got it today. Took me about 2 days to get it.

Crimson Ridley
05-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm kind of being sarcastic but at the same time, I do dislike the casual gamers for complaining that GH3 was too hard. Capcom won't make DMC, Mega Man, etc. easier because they are complaining, so why should Activision? They'll still make millions upon millions of $'s anyway.

I agree that without them though, the industry would die. Gaming has become a huge thing now, that could rival the music and movie industry, and without the casual gamers, families, etc. that wouldn't have happened.

So, I love them, but hate them. Casual gamers are a wife...

kevinbeck12713
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Casual Gamers are fine, its just achievements shouldn't be made to suit them because casual gamers don't care about achievements.... pretty simple really. They should be either to force the player to experience the full game (hence the create a tatoo/intrument/rocker or the finish the campaign with all the instruments) or to challenge hardcore gamers.... And the Dyer's eve achievement doesn't do any of those things. Therefore useless to me. expect for GS

jamieCR7
05-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm kind of being sarcastic but at the same time, I do dislike the casual gamers for complaining that GH3 was too hard. Capcom won't make DMC, Mega Man, etc. easier because they are complaining, so why should Activision? They'll still make millions upon millions of $'s anyway.

I agree that without them though, the industry would die. Gaming has become a huge thing now, that could rival the music and movie industry, and without the casual gamers, families, etc. that wouldn't have happened.

So, I love them, but hate them. Casual gamers are a wife...
Activision are doing what is called "Market Research" and the more consumers they satisfy the more sales they get! I know you mentioned they are already getting millions of $'s anyway, but whenever they can get more money they will!

Crimson Ridley
05-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Activision's Market Research is a premature ejaculator. When it gets even a sniff of the money, it ejacluates a game all over the market, and before it's even cleaned up, ejaculates another, then another until it is so empty that all it can do is sit and cry thinking about the mess it has made.

Lordvader178
05-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Activision's Market Research is a premature ejaculator. When it gets even a sniff of the money, it ejacluates a game all over the market, and before it's even cleaned up, ejaculates another, then another until it is so empty that all it can do is sit and cry thinking about the mess it has made.

Then while crying, ejaculates another.

kevinbeck12713
05-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Do you want to know how awesome I think what you just said is? I'm putting it in my signature.

Itsbrown4606
05-30-2009, 02:42 AM
So what I'm saying is, casual gamers, scum of the earth. That is all.

Wow. What an ignorant and bigotry-ridden statement.

Yunder
05-30-2009, 02:46 AM
This thread seems to be full of very large egos....I'm AWESOME ON DRUMS!!
Does that work?

Lordvader178
05-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I can beat beginner career on guitar, therefore i'm better then all of you.

Lympathia
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I once failed a song on easy in GH2.

Marketman316
06-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Well well if it aint little callum so thats how you got a good gamerscore using this site!! Well i have recently discovered it and will be catching you up (maybe) although not on gh3 as i admit i just cant do it hands being too big or summat!!! What do you reckon to gh metallica i bought it yesterday and it is quality so far but only been online............

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
yep the dyers eve achievement was too easy i got it using only one foot pedal...but GH:Smash Hits looks like it is goin to have a hard drum achievement....5 star Raining Blood on Expert+

Dazz
06-13-2009, 07:53 PM
See the only songs I can play on real drums are Enter Sandman and St Anger (out of every song, not just Metallica ones) but because I'm not a drummer I played on Beginner, completed it within hours but now my arms are killing me and my right palm is bruised and swollen.

Whose idea in Activision was it to have Beginner use the kick drum pedal but be epically fast on some songs? Sure I 5 starred them all first time and got a few 100%s in there too but still, the hell dude?

Alfman1
06-14-2009, 05:08 AM
@Dazz... On begginer you can hit any pad..

If there were 4 notes, just for example.. you could go Red, Green, bass, green..

ANYTHING you want.

Frozenghost001
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Replying to the OP:

Buy GH: Smash Hits. Good luck with expert+ on that game!

Dazz
06-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Damn if I'd only known then, thanks for letting me know, should make 100% that difficulty easier now

Rodni Demental
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Again as some have said, say hi to Smash Hits. There are at least 3 drum specific achievements in there that'll should be fun/challenging for you. And you'll actually have to finish the carreers on Expert too.

Hopefully we'll get 5*ing back in GH5. :D

Nirumano
06-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I can't even get close to the scores on assassin or dyer's eve on drums, I just prefer guitar.. And since it is a GUITAR hero game, I think the guitar players should be favored. But like the others have said, smash hits have at least one sick drum achievement that will satisfy anyone's needs.

Oinkness
06-28-2009, 08:47 AM
As someone who has never played a real drum kit and can MAYBE do 15 songs on expert on GH:WT, I say get! GET! No no, bad dawg

If it makes you guys feel any better, it took me like 20 tries to get the Assassin achievement on GH:WT. I started out drumming on easy, moved up to medium and broke a sweat. Then it started to get too easy. Then I moved up to hard, and that's where I am with most songs. I play some on expert. I got through like 60% of BYOB on expert drums... yeah, 60% is where the blastbeat kicks in or whatever.

BrAin PuNch3r
07-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I can't even get close to the scores on assassin or dyer's eve on drums, I just prefer guitar.. And since it is a GUITAR hero game, I think the guitar players should be favored. But like the others have said, smash hits have at least one sick drum achievement that will satisfy anyone's needs.

You can get the Dyers Eve Achievement on Medium, i FCed it on Medium and got 500,000 so thats easy. And the Assassin u can also do on medium if u FC it u will just barely get 222,222 so those r easy...but ya the Smash Hits drum achievements are pretty fuckin radical man...haha no but seriously 5* raining blood on expert+ and i think another 5* on Avenged Sevenfold without using Star Power....the GH dudes must of heard u and took it personal throwin the bird up at the same time....lol