PDA

View Full Version : Video achievement guides

B T E R
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM
i think that we should put these in next to the original guides. because sometimes the guides get a bit confusing with long sections, but with these you can follow it step for step and see where they go the same way as they do. what do you guys think?

Purge
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
There are plenty of video guides on achievement guides. If there are video guides then thats up to the achievement guide owner and the input from the general community.

If you feel that there is an extreme lack of video's then thats because nobody needs them. If you want to see more video's then you should make your own! :) What I'd like to see is a badge for submitting ten video guides for then different games or something like that.

B T E R
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
sometimes its not that nobody needs them, its because they are too long. say fable 2 knothole island one, that has one because you collect about ten things. but for longer ones people just write guides, and i still can't find a lambda one for the orange box, but if there were then it would be easier than sort off guessing the general area. especially for really long locations like the fable 2 last dye for the colourist achievement. i would also like some awards for achievement guide videos.

Andrew x360a
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Video guides are treated the same way as regular guides. Make three of them and you get an award.

If you have the equipment to make them, by all means, please make them. We'll happily put them on the main site. Recently, NOTswaggers has been making a fair number of them. 50 Cent, Velvet Assassin, and Hannah Montana all come to mind. We also upload YouTube videos to help with specific achievements when we can find them. The problem is that not very many people have the equipment to make video guides, so they write out descriptions. When people do contribute them to the site, they go up. Simple as that.

Purge
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
So would you need to make an achievement guide solely with video's to get the award?

Also BTER I'll make you an orange box Lambda collection video if you'd like. :)
With pure scottish commentary of course.

I need to sort out my windows vista for the sound doesn't get picked up with my Dazzle Platinum.. The video is as clear as day so its really odd.

Simzo
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I have made 2 or 3 already for Halo Wars with p Dom q, I'm happy to make more..

Purge
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I thought I'd post an example of my work. Sadly I got hacked and they switched the audio. :p

YouTube - Halo Wars: All Black Box Locations

Simzo
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
We have videos on some of the skull locations as well..

Andrew x360a
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
So would you need to make an achievement guide solely with video's to get the award?

Nope. We don't differentiate between video guides and regular guides. Make a complete video guide for one game, a text guide for a second, and a partial video/partial text guide for a third and then you get an award.

PMILL69
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
if theres to many videos they could just simpley put a link to a page with all the videos

Itsbrown4606
05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Hell, I've made some too. I just got started.

YouTube - Xbox360Achievements.org Video Guide - A Merry Old Soul (Banjo-Tooie)

Purge
05-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I've been watching your videos Brown :p I like 'em.

Barrthine, what if there is a guide already and you make videos for over 50% of them? Would that count as a guide as your making video's alongside the guide?

Andrew x360a
05-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I've been watching your videos Brown :p I like 'em.

Barrthine, what if there is a guide already and you make videos for over 50% of them? Would that count as a guide as your making video's alongside the guide?

That's correct. When people submit additions to existing guides, we make a judgment call as to whether or not they made a significant enough contribution to warrant recognition as a coauthor. While there aren't any hard and fast guidelines for what constitutes a "significant contribution", making videos for a large percentage of the achievements in an existing guide would certainly qualify someone as a coauthor.