PDA

View Full Version : Get Cracking achievement?

Loopstahblue
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi,

So I downloaded this today and absolutely loved the game. I'm a big fan of Wallace and Gromit anyway and this was like an interactive show rather than a game.

After playing it through a couple of times (the second of which took much less time than the first) I've managed to get all the achievements except the "Get cracking" one.

I only noticed Wallace say the word "cracking" twice, once when you give him his egg for breakfast and once if you examine the egg machine dial (the tap/smash one) in the kitchen.

Has anyone got this achievement or noticed Wallace say "cracking" at any other points?

dab198
05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
He says cracking if Gromit talks to him after you've rid the town centre of its bees, and then also in the final cutscene.

Mangoose
05-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Doesn't he say cracking after getting out of the car in the end (don't want to spoil it)? It's the only one I'm missing as well. Took me a few tries on the shooting gallery one until I discovered the chapters function.

Edit: Something like "a cracking good job" twice, I think. Probably only counts as one, now that I think about it. Otherwise I'd get it. Anyone know if you miss out on the achievement by skipping the dialogue with B now and then?

dab198
05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
No idea if skipping dialogue affects it. It just unlocked for me, during the final cutscenes (just after he repeats the phrase containing the word).

Loopstahblue
05-27-2009, 10:47 PM
He says cracking if Gromit talks to him after you've rid the town centre of its bees, and then also in the final cutscene.

That's the one that's troubling me. I've tried it a few different ways round now and he still doesn't say cracking after I've cleaned up the bees. :mad:

dab198
05-27-2009, 10:50 PM
That's the one that's troubling me. I've tried it a few different ways round now and he still doesn't say cracking after I've cleaned up the bees. :mad:
It goes something along the lines of 'Cracking job, Gromit'. The group in the town were the first set of bees I dealt with, if that makes a difference.

I left him talking on the phone, dealt with the bees, then came back and spoke to him.

McStabber
05-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Doesn't he say cracking after getting out of the car in the end (don't want to spoil it)? It's the only one I'm missing as well. Took me a few tries on the shooting gallery one until I discovered the chapters function.

Edit: Something like "a cracking good job" twice, I think. Probably only counts as one, now that I think about it. Otherwise I'd get it. Anyone know if you miss out on the achievement by skipping the dialogue with B now and then?

He says it twice at the end. I've just finished the game and it didn't unlock for me. I think skipping does affect it...
I'll go through the game again and see what happens when I dont skip any.

EDIT: Ok, So i've done the game again and not skipped any and i'm still on 11/12.
I'm pretty sure I heard him say it 4 times (twice in the last cutscene).

I'll have a 3rd playthrough again in the morning seen as though its gone 3:30am...
Any suggestions to where he says it. I read the guide posted on here and it's been pretty useless so far (no offense to the writer). *sigh*

I guess whoever made it couldn't think of a last achievement so they gave us a half-arsed one that doesn't work properly...

Mangoose
05-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I skipped practically all the dialogue since I'd already played through the first episode on PC, I guess I'll try again without skipping any of Wallace's lines then.

So the list is as follows:
1. After giving Wallace his eggs in the first act
2. Looking at the egg dial as Wallace in the second act
3. Talking to Wallace after ridding the town center of bees in the fourth act
4. In the final cutscene of the game.

I may have forgotten about the second one, come to think of it. I'll do another playthrough and let you know if it works.

Loopstahblue
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Hmm, maybe you have to deal with the town bees first then. I've tried it when I've already done the garden and he doesn't say it.

Guess I'll play through again and do the town first then talk to him.

McStabber
05-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I think that's why I haven't got it, Because i'm not 100% sure if I spoke to him or not...

I'll have a 3rd run through soon

Mangoose
05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok, finally got it.

- In act 1, Wallace tells Gromit "Cracking eggs!" after receiving the eggs for breakfast.
- In act 2, examine egg dialer to the right of the cupboard closet door. Wallace says "...cracking me walnuts..."
- In act 3, after ridding the town of bees, go back to the kitchen. After Wallace is done talking to you, walk up to him and talk to him again. (I think this is the part people seems to be missing). He says "Cracking job, Gromit!". To be safe, I took out the town bees before the ones in the garden and the basement, but it should woirk whichever order they're done in.
- In the final cutscene, Wallace says "Cracking teamwork, lad!". A bug makes him say it twice, but it only counts as one.

Hope this helps.

McStabber
05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Did you skip any cutscenes?

Mangoose
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, I skipped every single line except the ones where Wallace was supposed to say "cracking". Still don't know if it works if you skip those particular lines.

McStabber
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Awesome, I'm onto chapter 3 now so i need to remember to talk to him.
I'm pretty sure that was the one I missed, like others have...

EDIT: Got it, Skipped most of the cutscenes. It was the one in chapter 3 that i missed. Thanks, Mangoose.

Loopstahblue
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I finally got it. My first complete game for achievements! :woop:

I cleared the town first then went straight to the kitchen and talked to Wallace twice.

I believe he only says cracking if you have only cleared the town, as I've done it a few times now in different orders and he never said that dialogue if I'd done the garden or cellar as well even by talking to him twice.

So I would say to guarantee the achievement clear the town first and speak to him them before doing the garden or cellar.

The achievement unlocked the second time he said cracking after the tunnel chase.