PDA

View Full Version : Improve 100% Game Completion Mosaic

JC
05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
- The 100% Mosaic:
One of the biggest and one of our favourite new features as part of the update is the 100% mosaic. Users can add all their 100% completed games now to this feature and then marvel at the mosaic it produces. A simple new feature, but fantastic nevertheless.
On your profile, which I know is a new feature, there is a 100% Completion feature where you can add games you have completed to create a mosaic.

What I am suggesting, is that you should be able to put your games in order in the mosaic.

So your newest completed games at the bottom or vice versa.

At the moment when you add your completed games, they get a bit jumbled up and it would be nice to put them in order of completion, like what most people have done in their signatures, if they use a mosaic, or like the 360V completion card, in my signature.

Here are a few suggestions of how this could be done:

The order you tick off the games on the list, becomes the order you want them in.
On the mosaic, you would be able to drag the games into order.
Instead of ticking boxes to add games to the mosaic, you could give each game a rank (1 - - - )and that would be the order they appear in.

This seems like a simple extra that greatly improve the mosaic and you would be able to see what order you completed your games in and others would be able to see your latest completions with ease.

b3nnyth3gr33k
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
This would make the new feature even better and for the achievement % it would be easier if there was a way to get the information straight from MGC.com instead of having to check all the boxes

Jappe XBA
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I was thinking of a same kind of improvement when I added my completed games to it. Maybe alphabetical order and/or date completed :)

This would make the new feature even better and for the achievement % it would be easier if there was a way to get the information straight from MGC.com instead of having to check all the boxes

MGC doesn't show your real completion%, once it showed that I've played Crash of The Titans and CoD4 which I haven't, so it messed up my gamerscore completion.

b3nnyth3gr33k
05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
And the achievement case doesnt seem to be working do you have to copy and paste the pics in cos just clicking on the achievement name isnt working for me
EDIT Sorry it was working

The Pants Party
05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and have suggested it to RX. Obviously the feature is new in general so getting it customizable will take some time, but I think it will be done in time.

However, he is in London and then at E3 for the next 10 days or so. :p

JC
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and have suggested it to RX. Obviously the feature is new in general so getting it customizable will take some time, but I think it will be done in time.

However, he is in London and then at E3 for the next 10 days or so. :p
Cool, so hopefully it will be implemented then.

But I guess you will get credit for it, going straight to RX. :p

Itsbrown4606
05-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Here are a few suggestions of how this could be done:

The order you tick off the games on the list, becomes the order you want them in.
On the mosaic, you would be able to drag the games into order.
Instead of ticking boxes to add games to the mosaic, you could give each game a rank (1 - - - )and that would be the order they appear in.

That would require Flash, no? Everything else seems doable.

JC
05-28-2009, 01:50 PM
[/LIST]
That would require Flash, no? Everything else seems doable.
Yeah, it would I think. Probably the most complicated way of doing but it would look pretty neat. :)

SuperNova X2X
05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Would there be any way to add a game and show whether you have 1000 0r 1250? I mean I've added Fable 2 and Fallout 3 but only have the 1200 on Fallout and 1100 on Fable.

The Pants Party
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Would there be any way to add a game and show whether you have 1000 0r 1250? I mean I've added Fable 2 and Fallout 3 but only have the 1200 on Fallout and 1100 on Fable.

Another great idea. I was debating myself whether I should add BioShock (only 1000) or not. I'll see what RX thinks on this as well.

ThrillKillBill
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
at this point i'm only adding games i'm completely 100%

i kinda think expansions should be separate but that might make the mosaic sooooooo long

The Pants Party
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
We can't specifically make the expansions separate (at least I don't think so), but perhaps we can have it identify which level of DLC (if any) you've completed for the game.

ThrillKillBill
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
reguardless of what might be possible later on, i have to say i'm extremely impressed. i never thought any of this could or would be implemented..... sometimes i wonder how Rx finds any time to game at all (i wonder that about others on the staff too)

Itsbrown4606
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Another great idea. I was debating myself whether I should add BioShock (only 1000) or not. I'll see what RX thinks on this as well.

The way I see it, 100% means 1000, or highest amount. Additional DLC means additional percentage (i.e. Halo has 175%).

icytower38
05-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I'd like to drop by simply to say that I enjoy the mosaic, but think the suggestions would be a great feature if added.

I was surprised to not see the games at least in alphabetical order after adding them.

jukkakhan
05-29-2009, 02:33 AM

Maybe the original checkbox could be for getting the original 1000/200 then a new one added for getting the max additional gamerscore from DLC. Then perhaps an added colored border around the game tile to distinguish it from original 100% and original+DLC 100%.

Phate
05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
The new profiles are ossim. Are there any plans to add more categories to the case (longest time spent on a game (perceived), most loved, most hated, etc)?