PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 50 Million

LausDomini
05-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm up to 39.9 million after my first serious session with the game, so hopefully can put some more pieces together to get past 50 million points.

Here is what I'm doing.
On ship selection, go one to the right and press B + A - this will select the gray Slave ship (used by the top guy on the leaderboards).

On level 1, concentrate on getting the full Eagle. Avoid the first couple of medals then when you pick up the first available 'S' power-up, a medal on the screen will become the floating medal. I seem to accidentally pick up the floater when just playing casually, so what I do is hang out at the bottom of the screen and move back and forth to make the floater pick up all the medals. At the same time, as long as I don't move up I'm not in danger of accidentally picking up the floater early. If done correctly, I have the full eagle at the end of the level, though you can also get it early on the second level without much point loss.

Save bombs for the bosses. When you use a bomb, the bullets temporarily cannot hit you. You can pretty much stay around the same spot, use three bombs at the times you are about to be shot, and the boss is destroyed without losing any lives. Just try and refill bombs when you can.

On level 2 (sim level 5), the gold bars should appear. They start at 10,000 and if you do not miss any will increase all the way up to 100,000 for as long as you can go without letting any fall off the screen. My best scores are when I get to 100,000 and stay there for an entire level or two. It'd be nice to get them all though!

The micluses and fairies can add a good amount of points, but for now I find letting go of the X button to be a very dangerous proposition. If I feel I would risk death I am skipping the micluses.

The level 2 bonus seems to be either about 1 million (usually when dying once) or 5 million (usually without dying).

The level 2 boss can be beaten by staying in the center - your fire power will destroy its bullets.

Any other tips would be appreciated. If only there were a way to get extra lives that would be the best tip, haha.

GS JuNk3E
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
For the X-Medals(gold bars), it's best to just pick up one at a time once you get them to show up. Whenever there are X-Medals on the screen they're all worth the same amount, so try to only have one on the screen at a time. This way you'll increase their value with each consecutive one you pick up. Once you get them to 100,000 points each, don't let any slip off the screen because they will revert back to 10,000 points. Also, try to destroy groups of ships in rapid succession especially the ones that give you the "Quick Shot" bonus, as this will also result in good score boosts.

LausDomini
05-30-2009, 03:22 PM
It's looking like I'm going to need some high-level strategies such as activating x-medals on the first level. I had another 39 million point game in which my x-medals were only up to around 40,000 at the end of the second level but I quickly got them to 100,000 and kept them there for all of level 3 and all of level 4.

So I pretty much did what I had hoped for and was at 35 million with two lives left when Real Phase 1 began. That level is a whole other ballgame though and I lost both of my remaning lives on it.

Edit: New record of 41 million. I need more practice on Real Phase 1. I'm not even going to attempt 50 million again until I go to training mode and learn to ace Real Phase 1.

outlawplayer2
06-04-2009, 04:29 AM
It's looking like I'm going to need some high-level strategies such as activating x-medals on the first level. I had another 39 million point game in which my x-medals were only up to around 40,000 at the end of the second level but I quickly got them to 100,000 and kept them there for all of level 3 and all of level 4.

So I pretty much did what I had hoped for and was at 35 million with two lives left when Real Phase 1 began. That level is a whole other ballgame though and I lost both of my remaning lives on it.

Edit: New record of 41 million. I need more practice on Real Phase 1. I'm not even going to attempt 50 million again until I go to training mode and learn to ace Real Phase 1.

I got 43 million still cant get 50k

PeRFeCK
06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
can someone explain in great detail exactly how to go from the big gold eagle medal to gold bars?

the guide says collect it and then "get 9 medals on the screen" does that mean dont collect them but make sure 9 are visible at once? or does that mean collect 9 medals after you collect the gold eagle?

jello
06-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Once you collect the eagle, you have to get a bunch of the ground medals to be on screen at once. It's pretty easy if you try to get the first misclus on the second level, if you shoot him a whole bunch, medals will ooze out of him, and itll quickly explode and from then on you'll have the medals you want.

TGI PassionPiG
06-16-2009, 03:25 AM
just to totally clarify, to make the gold bars appear you must first make and collect your full value eagle badge, then when there are NINE or more uncollected medals on the screen you will see an explosion and then come the gold bars. i personally prefer to collect a second eagle on stage 2, because they are worth over 2 million points and its not easy to better that score on this level with gold bars

Hawk xSx
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM
So based on all the tips, what's everyone's setup for playing the game? I mean which game are you using to try to get the 50/100 mill? I'm assuming Jet based on what's described.

But what other options would help net the scores?

TGI PassionPiG
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
So based on all the tips, what's everyone's setup for playing the game? I mean which game are you using to try to get the 50/100 mill? I'm assuming Jet based on what's described.

But what other options would help net the scores?

Yes jets is the only realistic way to get anywhere near this score, purely because of the medal and bonus scoring in this game. You should be playing jets/normal mode/normal difficulty. Some people think you should change the game mode from normal to full run - THIS IS NONSENSE and i'll tell u why. In full run sure u will technically play more stages BUT you dont get an end of stage bonus! This is very significant because in normal mode, depending on the amount of technical points you score in the stage it is not uncommon to score bonuses between 5 and 10 million points! My top score on jets is just over 70 million points and i dont even bother with the extras such as the fairies etc. My score was based on getting high end of level bonuses and keeping my medals at the maximum score of 100000 each. To get the 100milliion achievement u will need basically a perfect run, keeping your multiplier/medals at max and collecting all the extras - i am not at this level yet and don't think i ever will be.

juenger1701
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
only says normal difficulty not normal mode just play in full run mode and you get more levels to gain score

Icehearted
05-07-2010, 07:46 AM
I found a video of a guy that got the full 100,000,000 and change on a score attack. I've been working on this game for a while now, and trying everything I can, but to be honest I'm starting to think that the biggest flaw are the controls. Not so much on the part of the game, mind you, but just trying to fly the judge-slave is twitchy, and the analogue feels too mooshy and imprecise. I've all but mastered getting the gold bars to appear on stage 1, but by stage 2 my technique starts to slide, and the third stage (either the oceanic one with all the ships or the jungle one) I start to get frustrated and lose track of what's happening on screen.

Sorry, getting off point here.
Apparently with all score achievements there is more than one way to skin a cat. and if you go the score attack route it's all about staying alive and Miclus. Regular play, I think fairy and Miclus are important for boosting the bonus multiplier. This is what I've managed to learn so far, I hope it's helpful.

As for me, I've still got a ways to go :/