PDA

View Full Version : Linking from main page

Caleel
05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I dont know if this has been brought up as its just a simple linking issue. Im not sure if its a legal issue or just time consuming but I would suggest if possible to link certain items when announcements are made. For example.

I walked into work today came to the site and notice Fight Night Round 4 Demo is now available. Now I read the article and im interested in downloading the demo. Now I am currently at work and I would like to click on a link that goes straight into the Microsoft marketplace website where the demo resides in. So I can just type in my Xbox name log in and queue it up for download.

Just like this (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-000045418895).

So then I can work as normal and forget. When I get home just power my xbox and bam auto download.

You be suprised how many videos/demos and or DLC ive missed due to being at work and doing work stuff makes my brain focus on other things lol.

Its a minor thing just would be kinda cool thats all.

Jappe XBA
05-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Would be a cool feature :)

Pheonix_Assassin
05-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Im really likeing this idea alot =]

Would please alot of members.

kaleido42
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm liking the idea a lot :)(except for the fact that microsoft won't let child accounts queue up off of there site:mad:)

Caleel
05-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Cool thanks for the support guys hopefully the right people see this and comment on it. Would save us a few minutes of our time to implement something like this.

The Pants Party
05-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Would save us a few minutes of our time to implement something like this.

And add a few to ours. :p

I have linked to the marketplace in the past, but most of the time I'm more interested with getting the info out there so you can put it to use if need be. I'll try to remember to link if the story calls for it, but again, a lot of the time I'm posting news between modding the forums, updating achievement images and searching for new lists, among all my real life duties. ;)

kaleido42
05-30-2009, 02:32 AM
And add a few to ours. :p

I have linked to the marketplace in the past, but most of the time I'm more interested with getting the info out there so you can put it to use if need be. I'll try to remember to link if the story calls for it, but again, a lot of the time I'm posting news between modding the forums, updating achievement images and searching for new lists, among all my real life duties. ;)

Actually, more specifically what I would find nice is if from the actually game page if there was something for each game to go to the downloads for it, even if just for arcade games. That way, if you were to look at the achievements for an arcade game you could just go to the overview (or somewhere) and be linked to it from there. And plus wouldn't that there be an area that more than one person takes care of, not just you? Feel free to correct me though.

Caleel
05-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Awesome guys I just notice the link dump at the bottom of the article linking towards the product on the MS website and their own website. Thank you this will save me time when Im at work nothing but thanks and keep up the good job everyone you guys rock!