PDA

View Full Version : Fade to Black battle achivement

Captain and 7
05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I've been trying for an hour to win a battle with a fade to black powerup. The guide says that after one run through all powerups turn to the fade to black, but that has yet to happen to me. I have the same difficulty as the other guy and after one run, it speeds up the highway and makes them more powerful, but it's still just regular power ups.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just have to wait until I win with a fade to black on accident?

Sniper Riflez
05-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Fade to Black has to be the last power thingy you use, so what I did was if I didn't get the Fade To Black power-up first, I would use the one I got just before the next one. Then when you finally have just Fade To Black, grab 2 more and use all 3 at once since Fade To Black comes out last you get the ach, not hard tbh. I got it on second try on a guy who beat me the first go.

Try Battery if you go do the riff, it's very hard to hit without knowing the notes and if you grab a double or a ride the lightning power-up it's almost guaranteed win.

Captain and 7
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks, it worked like a charm. I had been trying to do that but kept running into people that were on easy, which is nearly impossible to lose on. Finally got a guy who was on expert and he went down fast.

CunningFox
05-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks, it worked like a charm. I had been trying to do that but kept running into people that were on easy, which is nearly impossible to lose on. Finally got a guy who was on expert and he went down fast.

People on easy are easy to beat because they are generally not that good.

Sniper Riflez
05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
But when you get a guy on medium who has like 1/10th of the notes and a medium rock meter it's annoying, especially when you get mined on expert.

Rooster425
05-31-2009, 06:07 AM
They shouldn't allow cross-difficulty battles for that exact reason. You can just go on Easy and beat someone on Expert simply because power ups do nothing to you.

NathAttack
05-31-2009, 03:21 PM
In order for this to work for me I had to combine Double Notes with my Fade To Black. Everyone I've played with, when hit with a Fade powerup, will just look at their opponents chart and resume playing (Presuming both players are on the same difficulty).

Double notes stops that from working -- Just make sure Fade to Black is the last and final powerup you use.

Flopsy86
06-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I just happened to get lucky on this achievement, on my first ever battle mode match, i happened to be pitched against someone on expert (with me also on expert) and he picked battery.

Luckily he wasn't very good at the intro and I got a fade to black as my first power up, killed him off when the song kicked in :)