PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

sinsix
12-27-2006, 01:48 AM
The Achievement: "Assault Trooper: Complete a mission by firing only assault rifles. Melee Attacks don't count." has got to be glitched or something. It is the only "offline" achievement that I have not received and I followed the achievement guide precisely for this. It says use the second level and the bar and mp40(tried once using ONLY bar, once ONLY mp40. No grenades or melee at all.). It will not give me the achievement. Is anyone out there having this problem? Or maybe suggestions of a different level to try it on? Thanks in advance.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-27-2006, 02:05 AM
i did mine on the 2nd level the island..........the only info i can give you..but did you shoot your gun when you try it? cause...your supposed to shoot it...* smokes dont count either..*

sinsix
12-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I killed the majority of the Germans. I completed the level 5 times. 1) using BAR/MP40/Both Grenades/Melee.
2) using BAR/MP40/Melee(no grenades)
3) using BAR/MP40(no melee or grenades)
4) using only BAR(no grenades/melee)
5) using only MP40(no grenades/melee)

I am using chapter select and choosing The Island on Easy difficulty.

The Killer 47
12-27-2006, 06:33 AM
I believe the mp40 counts as a sub machine gun rather than an assault rifle. I played the second level for this. I used the BAR and the FG42(I think that's what it is called, its the German semi-auto rifle with the clip on the side). Don't use the FG42 with the scope as that will cancel the achievement.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I killed the majority of the Germans. I completed the level 5 times. 1) using BAR/MP40/Both Grenades/Melee.
2) using BAR/MP40/Melee(no grenades)
3) using BAR/MP40(no melee or grenades)
4) using only BAR(no grenades/melee)
5) using only MP40(no grenades/melee)

I am using chapter select and choosing The Island on Easy difficulty.
uh-oh...thats why your not getting it....

sinsix
12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
That's strange to me, because I used chapter select to do the rest of them that I had not picked up on my run-through on veteran.

sinsix
12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
I believe the mp40 counts as a sub machine gun rather than an assault rifle. I played the second level for this. I used the BAR and the FG42(I think that's what it is called, its the German semi-auto rifle with the clip on the side). Don't use the FG42 with the scope as that will cancel the achievement.

I did this with just the BAR once, also. So it is not the fact that I used the MP40.

I N64 I MaRiO
12-27-2006, 05:53 PM
try a different level i guess....

Darth Odan
12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Odds are that you switched weapons and or melee by accident. Try again, this time just use the zoom in and fire buttons....

sinsix
12-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Odds are that you switched weapons and or melee by accident. Try again, this time just use the zoom in and fire buttons....

I've done it three times with JUST the BAR. No swingin' and no flingin' grenades. It's just my luck I guess. I'll try another level and if that doesn't work, forget it. Any level suggestions?

Darth Odan
12-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Another level? That'd be a hard one, which other American or British level uses an assault riffle?

The Killer 47
12-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Melee attacks don't cancel the achievement because I used melee while collecting this. Maybe its just screwed up for you.:(

ImmortalLeoman
12-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Just do it on The Island on easy and just use the gun you start out with, and dont use melee attacks

sinsix
12-28-2006, 05:00 AM
Just do it on The Island on easy and just use the gun you start out with, and dont use melee attacks

If you read from the beginning of this thread you would notice that's what I did. I think I've tried everything short of trying this achievement while sitting in front of my tv naked....I guess I'll try that next.

TurMoiL911
12-28-2006, 07:03 AM
If you still can't get the achievement, do The Corridor of Death instead of The Island. You can pick up a MP-44 fairly early in that mission, and most Germans are carrying a MP-44, so ammo won't be hard to find.