PDA

View Full Version : Mini Review

DJ411
05-31-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm playing this game as we speak its VERY Open world it's almost like looking at a GPS. You can go any where it this game(but not during races online in free roam). My friend quoted "almost took me 3 hours to go around the whole map" or across don't remember. I'm not saying it's true but from the looks of things i would have to say that could be possible.

Game play is good so far, nothing really glitchy, visuals are an 8/10 nothing really good. Controls are just ok i was driving my first ATV that u have to buy for a race and it was really hard to turn corners. My dirt bike experience was ok, but i hit a rock and very small rock and i guess i crashed my bike and i got reset so i don't know about the collision system in the game yet. The dune buggies are ok looked like a CPU crashed through a broken truck and the truck was destroyed into pieces (lol the truck got pwnd). I haven't gotten far but looks to be about 3 or 4 types of vehicles. Looks to be normal cars, something like a Harley Davidson type of bike, Dirt bikes, ATVs and there are some sick looking ones too, Dune Buggies, looks like theres trucks & of course MONSTER TUCKS.

But yes this game was not an eye catcher for me but i seem to like it so far. Don't know how long this game is going to be but from the looks of things it might be kind of long. There's camps for certain locations on the map. The first location has 3 races for Career, under Career. Then theres about 5 challenges in the Challenges section including Speed Run, Chopper Chase, Seek'n'Destroy, Raid, and Checkpoint. The second camp i unlocked has 6 Career Races and 3 Challenges so it very's from Camp to Camp.

If i had to give this a rating i would have to give it a 7.5/10. I'm kind of an achievements whore and from the look of things this is going to be a long game. And i don't like online achievements also. But for Visual i would have to give it a 8 or 8.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBR9Lp9-B44 Gameplay

For HLR zdmetal

dethklok
05-31-2009, 02:43 AM
this game sucks IMO. I found myself nodding off while playing this game. 2/10 I give this

HLR zdmetal
05-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Cool, thanks for the review DJ.

oneluckybullet
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
this game sucks IMO. I found myself nodding off while playing this game. 2/10 I give this

your so full of shit. if the game is bad perhaps you should say why its bad not that you nodded off. explain why the game sucks

Strike xX
05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice review DJ. I like the video. The game looks amazing in my eyes, I'm not so taunted by the long loading times, they dont effect me. It will be a good Arcade racer and 1000/1000GS.

Skidillydoo
05-31-2009, 05:40 PM
your so full of shit. if the game is bad perhaps you should say why its bad not that you nodded off. explain why the game sucks

you know i couldnt agree more. ive been following this game forum for a while now, and in the last 48 hours all you have managed to do dethklok is talk utter garbage about the game.

For starters, the load times can be countered by installing the game to your hard drive. The steering albeit a bit on the wierd side isnt as bad as people are making out. Have you even driven across rough terrain before? Steering is not as easy as one would initially think.

The game, like many others has its problems, and for the most part they are small, minor problems that a patch could very easily fix without breaking the game mechanices.
I think this is a record breaking game that has an abundance of potential. It runs smooth, it looks great and their is enough customisation and vehicles to keep every gamer content.

if you liked Burnout Paradise, DiRT, GRiD and PURE then this game is a mixture of all 4. It takes the good out of every game and does it best to combine them all together.

Its a very strong 8/10 in the racing / sandbox genre's.

Strike xX
05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
you know i couldnt agree more. ive been following this game forum for a while now, and in the last 48 hours all you have managed to do dethklok is talk utter garbage about the game.

For starters, the load times can be countered by installing the game to your hard drive. The steering albeit a bit on the wierd side isnt as bad as people are making out. Have you even driven across rough terrain before? Steering is not as easy as one would initially think.

The game, like many others has its problems, and for the most part they are small, minor problems that a patch could very easily fix without breaking the game mechanices.
I think this is a record breaking game that has an abundance of potential. It runs smooth, it looks great and their is enough customisation and vehicles to keep every gamer content.

if you liked Burnout Paradise, DiRT, GRiD and PURE then this game is a mixture of all 4. It takes the good out of every game and does it best to combine them all together.

Its a very strong 8/10 in the racing / sandbox genre's. You just hit the nail on the head.

dethklok
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
for starters, free mode is crap. When its dark i cant see anything. 2nd, the gps seems to be glitchy. Its telling me to go through a lake! WTF! Last time I checked my motocross cycle cant ride on a lake just like how Jesus can walk on water. GFXs are ok, they are nothing to brag about. The cars/bkes and quads could have been better. The game is crap! I dont get these forums at all. When someone gives their opinion on a game, people alienate them for giving their 2 cents. Yes so fucking what if i dont like this game. why you so worried about why i think this game is crap. Its my opinion and you guys will and wont change that.

not everyone will like a game. You cant make everyone happy. Everyone has their own taste in games. Everyone has different standards for games. yea so what. why you care if i think this game is crap. I though gow1 was crap. i though halo 3 was crap. so what.

Skidillydoo
05-31-2009, 10:34 PM
for starters, free mode is crap. When its dark i cant see anything. 2nd, the gps seems to be glitchy. Its telling me to go through a lake! WTF! Last time I checked my motocross cycle cant ride on a lake just like how Jesus can walk on water. GFXs are ok, they are nothing to brag about. The cars/bkes and quads could have been better. The game is crap! I dont get these forums at all. When someone gives their opinion on a game, people alienate them for giving their 2 cents. Yes so fucking what if i dont like this game. why you so worried about why i think this game is crap. Its my opinion and you guys will and wont change that.

not everyone will like a game. You cant make everyone happy. Everyone has their own taste in games. Everyone has different standards for games. yea so what. why you care if i think this game is crap. I though gow1 was crap. i though halo 3 was crap. so what.

I think you somewhat are not getting the message. None of us here disagree's with your opinion, as thats your opinion and you are entitled to that. But just turning around and saying "the game is crap" just really dont cut it. This is a forum, for gaming, where you talk about games. Id expect somebody with such a post count to already know this. I for one would like to know "why" you think it is crap, you can tell us how bad the game is all you like, thats not what bothers people. Its the fact that you wont tell us why. give us a descent reason like you just have done on your initial post and we wont start flaming you.

Regards

Barad
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Great Review! ;) Lovin this game so far cannot wait! till i buy this..

brunsiv
06-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Sorry guys- i gotta say i am really really trying to like this game. Unfortunately after about 4 hours of playing it- i gotta say that i am really disappointed. I also agree that it is really really tough to see in the dark of night. Almost annoyingly so. The idea of this game is amazing, unfortunately, i feel that a lack of final polish really hurts the game. The graphics really are sub-par in current gen (grid and dirt really demonstrate the polish i am talking about)

But-most importantly-the driving physics are really wonky-drifting around every corner gets really annoying and again the GPS isnt very helpful. Only the arrows really provide any locational assistance. Sorry to say -glad i rented this and didnt buy it.

blitz7287
06-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Sorry guys- i gotta say i am really really trying to like this game. Unfortunately after about 4 hours of playing it- i gotta say that i am really disappointed. I also agree that it is really really tough to see in the dark of night. Almost annoyingly so. The idea of this game is amazing, unfortunately, i feel that a lack of final polish really hurts the game. The graphics really are sub-par in current gen (grid and dirt really demonstrate the polish i am talking about)

But-most importantly-the driving physics are really wonky-drifting around every corner gets really annoying and again the GPS isnt very helpful. Only the arrows really provide any locational assistance. Sorry to say -glad i rented this and didnt buy it.

Fair Enough at least you explained why you didnt like it lol.

this game is like marmite you either love it or hate it.

I love it. but i dont like the arrow on the gps i would rather it gave you the pointer on the gps straight away. as the arrow thinks im god and cant go up vertical cliffs and drive on water but apart from that. 8/10 (hate marmite thou lol)

Also i dont find it that bad driving at night i actually hit less trees than what i do in the day time.

Pure Efficiency
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Everyone complains about driving in the dark when there is a setting to adjust the brightness in the menu...

Good review blitz, it seems like we have the same opinion of the game.