PDA

View Full Version : Is This Worth It Just For Guitar?

Barry619
05-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi, i was a long time Guitar Hero fan, but when rock band came along and made it all vocals and drums aswell i stopped playing them, because i don't have the room / money for all the kit, and none of my mates are into it enough to be worth getting multiplayer, so i pretty much just stopped playing these types of games.

But now this has came along, and i'm a big metallica / metal fan, it's temping me again, but still i'd only really be interested in using the guitar with it, they have a package with the game & guitar i could get, so my question is to people who have played it, if you could only play it with the guitar, do you think this (and other newer all band games) are honestly worth playing? Or should i just keep avoiding them unless i decide to get the full kit?

Thanks very much.

Lympathia
05-31-2009, 01:02 PM
The guitar was pretty sweet but very short. Maybe you should rent it.

CunningFox
05-31-2009, 01:12 PM
The guitar was pretty sweet but very short. Maybe you should rent it.

How can you say that?!?

There are 49 songs in the game not including DLC and they are all long and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

If you are a guitar hero fan and metallica fan then it will be pure heaven for you!

Lympathia
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Because you can finish the guitar on expert in one day. Plus there's only about 20 songs that are decent, the rest are just fillers IMO.

PS. I did say the guitar is sweet.

CunningFox
05-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Because you can finish the guitar on expert in one day. Plus there's only about 20 songs that are decent, the rest are just fillers IMO.

PS. I did say the guitar is sweet.

Well you can't speak for guitar hero fans if you don't enjoy playing songs more than once and would only play it for one day.

Panda
05-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Lol.

Yes this is worth it just for Guitar.

Metallica are easily the most fitting band for Guitar Hero as they have the best Riffs and Solos of any band out there.

There are alot of songs averaging at 5 minutes each I'd say, there's alot to do.

Sure you can finish it in a day. (But you can on any GH game.)

Maybe even in 2 hours or so but not completely ;D.

Barry619
05-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Renting is a option but i don't currently have a guitar, so i was thinking if i'm going to buy one it might aswell be the metallica one, then i could rent world tour, rock band etc through the postal rental place i'm with.

I played Guitar Hero 2 & 3 on the 360, so basically if the Guitar career mode is as full as them, i think i would enjoy it, but i didn't know if it was a more watered-down version in anyway these days since they've added the other instruments.

Also i don't think i'm good enough to complete it on expert in a day, i'm not one of the best players lol, but i just love it, and i'm certainly a person who enjoys keep going back to a song and trying to improve at it.

Achievements themselves aren't a big deal to me just as long there are a few i can get just playing guitar, but i won't be bothered i can't 1000 it or anything.

Panda
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd say it's not as "hardcore" as GH3 but it has pretty much the same length if you play through the career properly. Not just skipping to the end.

You should invest in the drums too to get the full effect really but guitar is still amazing :D.

CunningFox
05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd say it's not as "hardcore" as GH3 but it has pretty much the same length if you play through the career properly. Not just skipping to the end.

You should invest in the drums too to get the full effect really but guitar is still amazing :D.

I couldn't agree with you more there.
If you really want to see everything the game has to offer, you will need 200 stars in every career to unlock "special" characters for playing with online.
(well thats my goal anyway)

TriRock
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
For metal heads like myself, this is easily the best Guitar Hero. The soundtrack is as good as it can realistically get. Challengewise, it's close to GH3. And remeber, if you get it just for the guitar, you get the bass career as well.

Barry619
05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks again.

Yeah it's totally the tracklist, and then the awesome reviews that made me think about it, as well as all the classic Metallica tracks i also like, Kyuss, The Sword, Slayer and a whole bunch more of the extra tracks.

I think i'm going to grab it, i feel like a fun, light game for the summer, it just means i might have to wait abit longer for Prototype if that turns out to be good.

Thanks!

Tzar77
06-02-2009, 06:03 AM
get it
the game is just as "full" as any other GH game.
you can still do bass and vocals (on your xbl headset) on top of the guitar