PDA

View Full Version : Sky Player : Do you think it's going to be free?

xXSawItOutXx
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Sky Player coming to Xbox 360 in Autumn, and just wondering what you guys thought whether it would be free or not? And also would there be any deals if you had a higher kind of membership?

Any comments would be great.

Destroyer UK 00

Gun-Nut
05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
I doubt it will be free, maybe to those already with Sky on one of the bigger packages but even then I'm guessing you would have to pay a bit more.

Ebonix
05-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Theirs no way the Sky stuff is going to be free. I can imagine that Sky will probably try selling it for more than they actually sell the normal Sky stuff.

That or they will try selling pay per view events for everything.

II RUFF II
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
They said they have yet to name any prices yet so in that case, there will be a price tag im afraid but im willing to pay money for this, cant wait till autumn!

Br0kenAssass1n
05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Wouldn't be a highly beneficial partnership if it were free would it? Although it would be awesome, I don't see it happening unfortunately... =(

CaptainSpanner
06-01-2009, 12:49 AM
i dont thinkall of the channels will be but i hope the standard ones are.

dakrkplayer2
06-01-2009, 01:03 AM
What is sky any way. I tryed wiki it up. But with no pervale.

Strike xX
06-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Knowing Microsoft... no... Sounds good though. If it has a price hopefully it will be low.

ChrisDeston
06-01-2009, 05:19 AM
What is sky any way. I tryed wiki it up. But with no pervale. Try here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Sky_Broadcasting

cobratodd
06-01-2009, 05:39 AM
ive never heard sky was coming to xbox 360

II RUFF II
06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Wouldn't be a highly beneficial partnership if it were free would it? Although it would be awesome, I don't see it happening unfortunately... =(

It definately is mate, the deal has been made and its coming out in autumn.

What is sky any way. I tryed wiki it up. But with no pervale.

Its where the british get all there channels from and its put into groups like entertainment, movies, sports etc...Dont know where we would be without it and now we are getting it on our 360's, even better:p

Purge
06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Its not free? Well thats shite.

NadeZilla
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Why would it be free? Sky isnt free normaly why would it be any different for the 360?
I heard somewhere it will be around 10-25 a year.

II RUFF II
06-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Why would it be free? Sky isnt free normaly why would it be any different for the 360?
I heard somewhere it will be around 10-25 a year.

Seriously? So we could be paying upto 65 a year including our live subscription, do they realise theres a money crisis?

Ben Sharpe
06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I think its a stupid idea anyway, I'll just stick to the SKY HD box I have :)

NadeZilla
06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
A Pay per program thing would be cool, Like 25-50p Per match thats on ect.

II RUFF II
06-01-2009, 10:24 AM
But then again, it should be cheaper than having sky multiroom so your saving money in that prospect.

Purge
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I already pay for sky so I was thought I was getting a lovely wee treat.

Reverand Funky
06-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Most likely sky users allready will probly get free access to it, im sure they wont double charge for it and even if they did itd be one off small payment...

Personally id be happy buying Microsoft pionts, pay 2100 for +months usage, i dont mind wasting money for that as long as i get TVX, SKYSPORTS and BRAVO in the package that is. :drunk

Bleeding Star
06-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I heard that some basic things would be free but for movies etc you would have to pay

I dont care though, I already have sky for my TV, if I want to watch sky Ill use my TV, XBOX is for gaming dammit

Chocolate Disqo
06-01-2009, 12:30 PM
The only way i can see it working to sky's benefit is if everything is on a pay per view scheme. People who already have sky television, (which is probably most people) are unlikely to pay a full subscription price just to stream shows on their xbox, that they can already watch.

Kids that live in households that have sky television in one room are likely the target audience here. They'll be able to pay to watch a movie in their bedroom, without needing to install a dish. Due to memory restrictions, i doubt this will offer the sky plus service either.

Pheonix_Assassin
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I think that if the xbox live member has Gold and they also have a SKY subscription then Yes it will be free to them only =]

Skepsis93
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Sky AND Microsoft? Free? I HIGHLY doubt it.

tremberz
06-02-2009, 01:28 AM
I have a Sky HD box in my front room, a sky + box in the kitchen and another sky box in my brothers room. I am sure I deserve one for free with my xbox however I don't think it will be free, it should be cheaper if you own a box already though...

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-02-2009, 05:45 AM
if it costs money than I am not going to use it at all, probly won't be in my region anyways.

Iregore
06-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I would expect it to be free to Sky subscribers with an Xbox Live Gold account, but if they charge you a Sky subscription + Gold membership + some additional fee then they will probably get like 5 people in the country sign up for it as that would be daylight robbery.

ThitherBoot
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
something this good and potentially be a success will never be free this is microsoft where talking about.

MattyBoosh
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I currently pay over 70 a month to Sky (Sky+, Additional Box/Sky Multiroom, Telephone & Broadband) and if they think that i'm going to hand over another penny to them for this service, then they can fuck right off.

No way am I paying for a service that I already pay for, what with my Sky and XBox Live subscriptions.

Asariel
06-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Don't forget there is already a very similar service available on your PC (Sky Player). That runs at about 15-30 (depending on content) per month or 1 per individual show as far as I can gather, at least for non sky customers. Seems free for sky subscribers if you have broadband Max or Multiroom with them. (but then what's the point)

Be interesting to see how the prices come out on the Xbox, 30 a month for a limited range of channels over broadband seems ridiculous to me.

ChrisDeston
06-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't understand how you all see it as something that should be free :confused:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love free sky in my room having only Sky+ downstairs (and sky phone and broadband) but this is the exact same as paying for multiroom which has a charge.
But then again, it should be cheaper than having sky multiroom so your saving money in that prospect.
This is the best bet. That it's cheaper than multiroom.
And like Aaron said;
There is already a very similar service available on your PC (Sky Player). That runs at about 15-30 (depending on content) per month or 1 per individual show as far as I can gather, at least for non sky customers.
So ofc. there will be some form of subscription to the service.. My worry is with all the "free for Gold" shit coming out, will they bump up the price of Gold soon..

Am I the only one with Sky Broadband on wireless expecting a shed load of lag on the new Sky thing? Watching things like Inside Xbox shorts take up to an hour for me between the damn microsoft wireless adapter and sky broadband...

I am interested to see how this pans out though

khamelion
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
sky and free don't go together, they only recently offered free hd channels to combat freesat. this will be "free" to sky digital owners or a subscription for everyone else.

XxDarkMaster1xX
06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Nothings ever free.And as the saying goes,you get what you pay for.

Barad
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
sounds interesting but this probablt won't be free..am gussing though so..

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-02-2009, 07:02 PM
My questions is whether or not current sky users could hook their connection or register it onto their xbox to then watch sky through the 360 with others in the theatre thing. Would be better if it were like that and have more use but there you go, cant see it happening and not too fussed if it doesnt lol.

dakrkplayer2
06-02-2009, 10:50 PM
thanks for link about Sky. Now I like to see they do it for poeple in U.S. But I do not know what would be sky in united states.

phoenix029
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
yeah will be free to sky world plus/hd customers n the relevant sections will be free for ppl with them on sky subscription (sports, movies etc) but even still some programs will cost even if u have sky world similar to sky player/sky mobile. they always say this is because some things they have on there arent on sky anytime/channels at present because sky cycle movies etc.

JrdRIOT
06-03-2009, 12:17 PM
makes no difference to me
i have sky+ on the same tv i use my xbox (no brag)
and i dont see how having it on the xbox will make a difference/be better

pavementpoop
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
i have sky downstairs in the lounge, but not in my room with my 360 hopefully it will be free as the house already has sky :D who knows, * fingers crossed*

EvilestBean
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Its not going to be free it said on the dashboard its going to be premium.

Headhunter 87
06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Defo will be a charge for it on a pay per veiw basis