PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Controller

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
06-01-2009, 01:40 AM
So i spilled a little MD(Mountain Dew) on my controller, Red one. =( It kind of feels a little sticky, no homo, what is the best way to clean it. I have alcohol swabs, if i just rub it on the controller, is that alright?

Ligerblaze
06-01-2009, 01:52 AM
If your buttons are sticking im not really sure what to do with that, but if its just the red parts of the controller just try a moist paper towel or rag (make sure its not dripping wet), wipe it down then dry it. Maybe some clorox (disinfecting spray) would help as well. Theres also some 'goop-off' products but thats for stuff like glue, i don't think MD makes that much of a mess :p.

Galrick
06-01-2009, 01:54 AM
I have alcohol swabs, if i just rub it on the controller, is that alright?

Sounds good. That's usually what I use when I need to clean these things. Just make sure that the swabs are not dripping with alcohol.

Revolver
06-01-2009, 07:20 AM
I was going to recommend some rubbing alcohol but if you have alcohol swabs then that'll work just fine.

razzleson
06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Alcohol is fine for a controller.

If you don't mind voiding the warranty (does ANYONE know what a warranty on a controller is without looking it up? I mean really!) get yourself a torx 8 security screwdriver and open the thing yourself.

Then make a solution of alcohol water, 1 part rubbing alcohol (the higher % the better) with 1 part water. With that solution use some cotton shirts, Q-tips, whatever. Just clean the parts with the above solution while there's zero power going to the parts (battery) and make sure to let them dry thoroughly as water is a conductive material. Make sure to clean the entire controller, and all buttons.

I say the above method as it's something I use for a lot of my electronics. I'm very anal about the cleanliness of my electronics, so the solution's good for LCD screens, controllers, motherboards, etc.

When the parts are with direct contact w/ power current, make sure to let them dry!

sweatdog
06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=razzleson;2000858]Alcohol is fine for a controller.

If you don't mind voiding the warranty (does ANYONE know what a warranty on a controller is without looking it up? I mean really!) get yourself a torx 8 security screwdriver and open the thing yourself.

I think the standard warranty for any accessory is 90 days...

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
06-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks Guys for all the help.

Alcohol is fine for a controller.

Then make a solution of alcohol water, 1 part rubbing alcohol (the higher % the better) with 1 part water. With that solution use some cotton shirts, Q-tips, whatever. Just clean the parts with the above solution while there's zero power going to the parts (battery) and make sure to let them dry thoroughly as water is a conductive material. Make sure to clean the entire controller, and all buttons.

I say the above method as it's something I use for a lot of my electronics. I'm very anal about the cleanliness of my electronics, so the solution's good for LCD screens, controllers, motherboards, etc.

When the parts are with direct contact w/ power current, make sure to let them dry!

I mean for the outside, not to open it up, but that is still good info. =D

DDcup x
06-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Make sure you dont get any near the battery comp. or you could short cirucit your controller and f*ck up the battery life.