PDA

View Full Version : Pro Difficulty Too Good?

AzraelPC
06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
So I'm playing the opening game of my season as the TB Rays with James Shields pitching. He's no slouch. I make it to the bottom of the third only allowing 2 hits through the first two innings. All of a sudden Pedroia singles (somehow, Jason Bartlett 'misses' fielding the ball and it goes right by him), Pedroia steals second because it seems like the ball takes FOREVER to get from Navarro's hand to Iwamura's glove.

Then Big Papi comes up. I tell myself, 'I'm turning this sh!t off if he gets a walk-off hit'. Sure enough, first pitch, he doubles into the gap in right-center. I didn't even allow the ball to hit the ground before I hit the power button.

Game is in the case and going back to Blockbuster today before I tear every hair out of my head.

This wasn't my first attempt at playing against Pro, either. It seems that Murphy's Law is in full effect when playing on anything higher than Rookie. If you are Carl Crawford, you're wearing cement shoes. If you are the opposing team, you all have some uncanny 'speed burst' power.

If you have a high fly ball hit to you, better than 50% chance that you will drop it, even if you are playing as a perennial Gold Glover.

Impossible to strike out even the absolute WORST hitters on the WORST teams.

I've played the previous 2K baseball games, but it seems like they've been getting progressively worse.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be able to hit a HR with everybody in every AB. I just want a fair game. If I make a good pitch in a certain situation, I want to be rewarded instead of royally screwed.

Anyone else having problems?

stagray
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
To be honest? No. I play on All-Star and I have won 9 of 13 and my biggest win has been like by 5-6 runs. I think maybe you need more practice and maybe alter the sliders for your gameplay liking. Its a good game.... you just have to get used to it I guess.

AzraelPC
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
To be honest? No. I play on All-Star and I have won 9 of 13 and my biggest win has been like by 5-6 runs. I think maybe you need more practice and maybe alter the sliders for your gameplay liking. Its a good game.... you just have to get used to it I guess.

I don't mind altering the sliders, but it changes the difficulty from Pro to Custom, which turns off the achievements and unlocking of the cards.

I guess I can alter the individual teams' players' stats, but that seems insanely tedious just for 20 3-inning games...

flizmflozm
06-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't mind altering the sliders, but it changes the difficulty from Pro to Custom, which turns off the achievements and unlocking of the cards.

I guess I can alter the individual teams' players' stats, but that seems insanely tedious just for 20 3-inning games... Adjusting the sliders doesn't do anything if you adjust the players' sliders....food for thought...

AzraelPC
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Adjusting the sliders doesn't do anything if you adjust the players' sliders....food for thought...

Oh I understand that. But, like I said, it seems like a major pain in the arse to go thru each person and edit them down. But I may have to do that. At least for the players whose cards I need.

Thanks for the help.

RedBlinky
06-14-2009, 01:49 PM
The only difference between any difficult to me is that the other team hits more home runs but I still always win. Don't throw so many strikes pitching is about 3 things velocity, deception, and movement. Alot of video game players forget about deception if you throw strikes all the time you will lose. I play on the hardest setting and I've only lost a couple games. Granted I did a fantasy draft and I have
Albert Pujols
Manny Ramirez
Pat Burrell
Tori Hunter
So it's guranteed I get a home run evertime through the lineup.

DavidKelly18
06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Whenever I play for fun I play on All-Star difficulty and leave the sliders alone and win most of my games by at least 3 runs. I don't really know what I can tell you other then to try and play on the hardest difficulty for a few games no matter how mad it makes you and then go and play Pro where it will be that much easier.

irift3
06-16-2009, 11:20 PM
This is not to brag but I play on the Legend difficulty and you really have to be on the top of your game. Most of the games I play are decided by one run, and if I make a single mistake pitching, it is an automatic home run. You just have to time things very well. Also, I have noticed that when you play on a lower difficulty, the ball looks like it is always moving slower, even if the radar says it is going fast. I had a hard time adjusting to a lower difficulty due to how weird the speeds looked. Takes practice and A LOT of patience.

Ciconte
06-30-2009, 03:21 AM
I've never seen it before in any 2K baseball games but i was playing on Pro and it was the bottom of the 9th 4-4 and the pirates were batting. They got the bases loaded with 1 out and shockingly enough they pulled off a suicide squeeze, i was astonished.

rabidpencil
07-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I've been playing mostly on Pro. The thing that bugs me is that when I'm winning and Ryan Howard is batting, my pitches don't seem to break. So instead of throwing it almost AT his knee, it's just down and in - home run. I've played the Phillies like 5 times, and my 0-2 pitch to Howard in his 2nd at bat is ALWAYS a home run. And I don't pitch the same way every time so it's not like he's expecting it.

PFC Nicholas Angel
07-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Definitely rely more on fooling players with breaking pitches. It is hard to overpower anybody in this game with a fastball unless you set them up with something offspeed or breaking first. Beckett has an mid-upper 90's fastball, but I ended up using his curve ball more than the fast ball because it fooled them almost every time. Keep your fastballs out of the strike zone (or barely on the corner).

DStyles
07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Haha, you just suck.
Lol

I have no problem with this game on Pro. I'll loose here and there but I don't mind. I think it's a good game. The last game I played I lost 10-9. I almost made a good comeback and I have made comebacks in the past. My biggest comeback was 16 runs and on Pro.

OTool3
07-19-2009, 04:24 AM
No I play on All-Star and I still score 6-10 runs on an average basis. It didn't just come to me though, I played 2K8 alot and when I first got 2K9 I played on Pro, but now I switch between All-Star and sometimes Legend.

DStyles
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
There is no advice to give someone who can't win a game playing on Pro difficulty.

Hop off.
Actually there is. I used to suck on Pro difficulty. My advice is to learn how to pitch. Hitting is easy but pitching wins games.

NameTaken69
08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Pro really isn't that hard.. i'm playing a franchise with the Giants and have lost 1 out of 7 games and i'm not that great. Only thing I hate is giving up a home-run while taking a no hitter into the 9th with 2 outs. [ Happened twice now :( ]

Prius Owner
08-26-2009, 03:28 AM
I could barely score when I first started playing. Now, I hang double digit runs every game. And as for strikeouts, checking the scouting report helps.

Prius Owner
08-26-2009, 03:35 AM
What I meant to say in my last post was just practice and you'll get better.

Parmaster
06-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I have some difficulties on pro also but I more so just hate the programming in this game. The opponent outfielders can cover infinite ground to catch a fly ball, my defenders boot way too many easy ground balls, the idiot runners try to steal 2nd immediately after sliding back to first on a throw over from the pitcher, and every time I try to steal 2nd I'm sliding into the bag just as the defender is catching the ball above their head and their glove teleports to the ground and they slap an instant tag on me and I'm out every time. Just crap like this frustrates me and makes me wanna never play the game again but I have so many achievements left to get.