PDA

View Full Version : E3's Announcement impacts on you.

FourChan
06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
So far I seen a few games, but the most important one is Modern Warfare 2, this game is beast. Fights on Snowmobiles, I can't wait for this game to come out.

Now Square Enix is making announcements.

Final Fantasy 13, PS3 people can't say nothing about it. This game looks great on the Xbox 360. You can summon monsters also, I'm glad this games heading back towards the roots of the Final Fantasy Genre.

Xbox 360 Exclusives. and..the guys mic is broke. Call it an Epic Fail...oh well. XD
Shadow Complex (Summer 2009), another must purchase XBLA title.

Left 4 Dead 2
Splinter Cell Conviction...

So many games coming out, so little time...

Twilight Star
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
mgs made think hideo ive lost respect for you then i forgot about the big boss in the teaser as well.
plz plz plz Nomura don't do it!!

lastfm had screaming so did face book

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Metal Gear on the 360, Facebook & Twitter, all the new games announced and more info to come. Hopefully more exclusives and big names coming to the 360.

FourChan
06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
In my opinion this is going to take a huge impact to consoles like Wii and PS3. They have nothing currently that can compare or compete with the updated technologies and what Microsoft is giving us.

DigitalFury
06-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm super excited about the next MGS being on the 360 (Though, I still expect 4 to be ported in the future... and I will buy it immediately), I really like the idea of Last FM, wasn't so excited about it until he said it was free for gold members. I'm on the fence about Project Natal until I see more from it. If Project Natal is the death of the controller, then I'm not cool with it. I play video games to relax, not excercise; that's why I have a treadmill. If, because of Natal, I will no longer be able to sit on my couch of lay in my bed and play video games, I will be quite upset. Though, the painting app looked really cool, I will admit.

Deathblow23
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Personally...E3 might as well be over as far as I'm concerned. There is absolutely nothing...NOTHING Sony or Nintendo can or will announce that will top what Microsoft did today. I don't care if they announce a new Mario or Zelda...which they prolly will...or if Sony announces whatever they could possibly have left that hasn't gone multiplatform...it all pales in comparison to Microsoft.

Heed these words...the end of Sony is ever so close. They simply cannot compete now. The playing field is not level anymore. Nintendo will continue to sucker the non-gamer...or the curious, casual gamer...but they don't play enough or buy enough to keep the industry alive.

Microsoft is the champ...period. It's all over but the crying!

Wehttam
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Some of the stuff seems pretty sweet, still waiting for Shenmue 3 though ;)

Dz06lt
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
natal is gay seriously 360 isnt the wii whats the point of trying to make wii 2.0

xXcosmomaticXx
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
wow!!!
i cant believe how many things microsoft had announced, from mw2 to project natal

OneWolverine1
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Metal Gear and Final Fantasy on the X Box for sure buys. My PS2 got wore out on those franchises and finally I get my games back!

The Epic arcade game looks awesome, definitely getting.

And the jaw dropping, mind blowing moment for me was Left 4 Dead 3. Wow, Im so excited bout htis one.

I was interested in Crackdown, I havent played the first. Now, after seeing the trailer, Im going to pick up the first when I get Prototype this weekend. Crackdown 2 looks amazing!

Modern Warfare 2 is looking hot!

2 new Halo games are you kidding! Ill be up plenty of nights on those!

Only thing I hope is that I get to use my controller instead of that motion sensor stuff. Hopefully that will be standalone and wont affect my gaming.

Bearded Bugs
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
That was the best E3 I've seen, Crackdown 2, TWO new Halo games, MGS, Alan Wake, Forza 3 etc... everything looked absolutely incredible, and the new technology, Project Natal, Facebook, last.fm, 1080p films, live sport...... I'm seriously fucking impressed.........

oDrPepper
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
natal is gay seriously 360 isnt the wii whats the point of trying to make wii 2.0

Why complain about more features? It's not the Wii 2.0, it's an attempt to outdo the Wii. If this works the Wii will be rendered useless and more sales for Microsoft.

[[Danny]]
06-01-2009, 07:41 PM
What have Sony got, "PSP Go"? Seriously, Microsoft just owned that conference. Everything was amazing, Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm everything.. it was all amazing. Then came the Motion Camera, that just blew everything away. I didn't expect it to be that good. They even had top name celebs there, Ringo Star, Paul McCartney, Tony Hawks, Steven Spielberg.. what can Sony do at all to bring it back? Nothing.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah that was a pretty ace conference.

Alan Wake gameplay looks excellent. Great to finally see it.
Epic's XBLA title looks cool, although the boss' despawned body had clipping issues and Cliff quickly went past it.
Left 4 Dead 2 will be amazing as always from Valve.
Crackdown 2 looks pretty sweet.
Splinter Cell Conviction looks like the epitome of badass.
FFXIII gameplay on 360 looked decent, but it might have been lower quality because I was streaming.
MGS: Risen looks really cool, but I have to wonder if it'll be as good as previous MGS.
Yet another Halo game.. Just shit now. Time to end the franchise, Bungie.

Project Natal looks pretty cool. If it works as well as it did in those tech demos then it will be very impressive. Leave it to Peter Molyneux to develop the precursor to Skynet with his Milo program though.

Last.fm, SkyTV, Twitter, Facebook, etc were all pretty cool announcements as well. The avatar games look decent.

Overall it was a pretty succesful show. Microsoft still can't compete with Sony's 2009 game lineup, but they certainly have a lot of new business on their hands with Natal. It's nice to see Nintendo have their asses handed to them.

Hopefully EA and Ubisoft have good conferences tonight as well. I know I'm looking forward to Sony's conference tomorrow morning. They have some seriously amazing games coming out this year.

Gun-Nut
06-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Crackdown 2! THAT IS ALL I EVER WANTED! :D but then they give us Left 4 Dead 2 along with Halo 3: ODST Date and then TEASE HALO: REACH! :D

Also happy about Final Fantasy I guess but already knew it was coming, not to exacted for it till it hits Retail.

Facebook & Twitter coming to Dashboard is just WTF! But I'm sure it will be done well and I use both so its a plus :D

Deathblow23
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
2 Things about EPIC's arcade game:

1. It froze right as they were ending their speech.

2.Why in the hell would you make an arcade game with a "10 hour campaign"...
...WHICH IS LONGER THAN YOUR FLAGSHIP CONSOLE GAME'S CAMPAIGN...
...I'm looking at you GEARS?!?!?

WTF EPIC?!?!?

Bearded Bugs
06-01-2009, 07:47 PM
2 Things about EPIC's arcade game:

1. It froze right as they were ending their speech.

2.Why in the hell would you make an arcade game with a "10 hour campaign"...
...WHICH IS LONGER THAN YOUR FLAGSHIP CONSOLE GAME'S CAMPAIGN...
...I'm looking at you GEARS?!?!?

WTF EPIC?!?!?

That game looked cool though, reminded me of a next-gen Super Metroid or something!

DDcup x
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Halo: ODST, FaceBook.
Thats about it. never really got into Final Fantasy & cant really stand COD atm.

Purge
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I love how PS3 and Wii got owned in the same conference.

Motion Sensor games like no other.
New MGS on the 360 with the ninja dude.

Things that stood out to me.
* Facebook
* SKY
* Halo: ODST & Reach
* Left 4 Dead 2
* Beatles

I still hate the head of Lionhead studio's. Trust him to make everyone an online friend.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah that was a pretty ace conference.

Alan Wake gameplay looks excellent. Great to finally see it.
Epic's XBLA title looks cool, although the boss' despawned body had clipping issues and Cliff quickly went past it.
Left 4 Dead 2 will be amazing as always from Valve.
Crackdown 2 looks pretty sweet.
Splinter Cell Conviction looks like the epitome of badass.
FFXIII gameplay on 360 looked decent, but it might have been lower quality because I was streaming.
MGS: Risen looks really cool, but I have to wonder if it'll be as good as previous MGS.
Yet another Halo game.. Just shit now. Time to end the franchise, Bungie.

Project Natal looks pretty cool. If it works as well as it did in those tech demos then it will be very impressive. Leave it to Peter Molyneux to develop the precursor to Skynet with his Milo program though.

Last.fm, SkyTV, Twitter, Facebook, etc were all pretty cool announcements as well. The avatar games look decent.

Overall it was a pretty succesful show. Microsoft still can't compete with Sony's 2009 game lineup, but they certainly have a lot of new business on their hands with Natal. It's nice to see Nintendo have their asses handed to them.

Hopefully EA and Ubisoft have good conferences tonight as well. I know I'm looking forward to Sony's conference tomorrow morning. They have some seriously amazing games coming out this year.

Seriously, what exclusives do Sony have that will make today look like a poor showing from Microsoft? They only have Little Big Planet as an exclusive now thats any good... lol.

sinista12
06-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Microsoft set the bar for E3. I mean really what can any other press conference have to out do them. I'm excited about halo odst, modern warfare2, netflix finally to just pick and watch a movie, project natal(cost and its not comming out til after 2009). Left for dead 2 surprised me some. I don't use facebook or twitter so i could care less about that. I know this fall and winter will be full of great games comming out.

Twilight Star
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Seriously, what exclusives do Sony have that will make today look like a poor showing from Microsoft? They only have Little Big Planet as an exclusive now thats any good... lol.

La Noir
GT5
New Rachet and Clank
MAG
Heavy Rain
White knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
LBP PsP
Other Unknown Mgs game Possibly portable Ops 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
A shit load ps1 games to put on Psn

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
So GT5 then. 360 has Forza so nothing to jump around about there.

Legoman1326
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Crackdown 2, that's all, the rest was a snooze fest

Cacky
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Let's just say, I'll be a very poor man by the end of 2010. :p So many awesome games = poor me.

Twilight Star
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM

It's in 3d I think with those glasses you get when go to the Cinema. :S

Rolyatkcinmai
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Already out;
Infamous (Best game of 09 so far, and I've played them all)
Killzone 2 (excellent SP and MP)

Coming in 09;
GT5
God of War 3 (nothing comparable on 360)
Uncharted 2 (nothing comparable on 360)
MAG (Likely to be better MP game than anything launching on 360 this year)
White Knight Chronicles (excellent RPG)
Ratchet & Clank (excellent franchise)
Heavy Rain (comparable to Alan Wake, which is now 2010)
Fat Princess (Just rofl)
And all of the multiplats that 360 has as well.

360 has a stronger 2010 forecast with Mass Effect 2 though.

I can't wait for L4D2 or Crackdown 2, but that's really it for exclusives from MS this year. I couldn't give a rat's tit less about another shitty Halo game. Epic's XBLA title looked decent, but nothing to get excited about.

Don't get me wrong, MS dominated with this opening conference, but it wasn't due to their strength in exclusivity. Sony still has a much stronger 2009 lineup, plus they have the PSP Go. MS didn't even mention a portable like lots of people thought they would.

Pashos
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow I can't wait until Left 4 Dead 2. That game is going to be sick.

Splinter Cell Conviction looks really good too.

The Facebook things seems good I guess. I probably won't use it though.

Twilight Star
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
GT5
God of War 3 (nothing comparable on 360)
Uncharted 2 (nothing comparable on 360)
MAG (Likely to be better MP game than anything launching on 360 this year)
White Knight Chronicles (excellent RPG)
Ratchet & Clank (excellent franchise)
Heavy Rain (comparable to Alan Wake, which is now 2010)
Fat Princess (Just rofl)

How could i forget about Uncharted2 and GOW3 and what Fat Princess?

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Il give God of War 3 the benifit of the doubt also then and Infamous looks good, but I dont see how with the list of anything with the slightest potential of actually being announced jumping past Microsofts 360 list of things to come.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Il give God of War 3 the benifit of the doubt also then and Infamous looks good, but I dont see how with the list of anything with the slightest potential of actually being announced jumping past Microsofts 360 list of things to come.

I didn't say it would. I simply stated that Sony has the superior retail catalog for 2009. Microsoft definitely dominated with their performance today.

IISYNII Raid3n
06-01-2009, 08:28 PM
This year's conference has been pretty good. A ton of great game announcements, the xbox fluid, all the nice live features. It is going to keep me on my toes in anticipation for this next year.

The biggest WOW thing for me was the fluid. The innovation in this camera is amazing. The Milo demo had me awestruck.

Gackt
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Splinter Cell Conviction has me pretty excited.. also looking fwd to MGS and enjoyed the footage of MW2

t0m s3rvo
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Am I the only one that got kind of psyched for Project Natal? Damn. Full motion controls, full interactivity.

Oh. That and MGS FINALLY coming to the 360. Sony fanboys are PISSED right now. They lost Final Fantasy, now Metal Gear? Huh.

Speaking of Final Fantasy. I was glad to see XIII returned to the ATB system. Let's just hope EA doesn't disappoint.

IISYNII Raid3n
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
EA I think will but won't at the same time. They are going to do something with an old franchise that will renew it and make it better, but chances are they will do something like announce another 15 Rock Band games and milk it like Activision is GH.

EA has made a nice turn in recent years. I'd like to see what they come up with.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
EA has made a nice turn in recent years. I'd like to see what they come up with.

I agree completely. Hopefully we hear plenty about the two new Battlefields, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, etc.

They also have some new IPs launching, and some good sports games. I hope they do a good job as well.

Kirye
06-01-2009, 08:57 PM
All I could think after seeing it.. Who let Steven Spielberg into Microsoft's thinking room? We don't need gimmicks for the 360, the use of a control and everything is what the games are about! Gamers don't want Wii motions, I don't want to have to play a CoD game like I did Metroid Prime 3 or anything like that. ><

And then Microsoft said that they want to get rid of the controller, or something of the sort, to make way for these motion things? Meh. I'm gonna come back from the military and see our systems turned into "Fun for everyone =D".

Sorry, I had to rant.. It was bad enough that Twilight got movie of the year, now this? D:

Bearded Bugs
06-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Am I the only one that got kind of psyched for Project Natal? Damn. Full motion controls, full interactivity. Nope you're not, that whole thing really impressed me!

Oh, and Forza 3 looked insanely good!

bplayak
06-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll I'm going to say is goodbye nintendo wii and goodbye ps3. If I were Sony and Nintendo, I wouldn't even show up tomorrow. It i going to be almost impossible for them to come close to what Microsoft showed today.

Hughesy9
06-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I'll I'm going to say is goodbye nintendo wii and goodbye ps3. If I were Sony and Nintendo, I wouldn't even show up tomorrow. It i going to be almost impossible for them to come close to what Microsoft showed today.

Completely agree. I don't know why people don't like the new motion sensor, it just adds another feature to the xbox. They will never do away with the controller but an extra option that out does the other two is just a bonus in my opinion.

Th33Troop33r
06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
okay so what games where announced i saw l4d2, brutal legend, and Mgs rising and thats all i saw can anyone tune me in to the new games comming out? (I had school detention :()

Rolyatkcinmai
06-01-2009, 11:30 PM
okay so what games where announced i saw l4d2, brutal legend, and Mgs rising and thats all i saw can anyone tune me in to the new games comming out? (I had school detention :()

Brutal Legend wasn't announced, we've known about it forever.

Left 4 Dead 2
MGS: Rising
Halo Reach
Some Epic XBLA title I forget the name of.
Joyride (XBLA Avatar racer)
EA Mixed Martial Arts (Announced at EA's event)
Crackdown 2

Nothing else I can think of. We saw gameplay from Halo 3 ODST, FFXIII, The Beatles Cock Band, Alan Wake, Modern Warfare 2, etc.

Ubisoft goes in 30 minutes.

RaidenX52
06-01-2009, 11:46 PM
You have no idea how happy I am to see a new MGS...on the 360...featuring the newly improved Raiden...

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-01-2009, 11:52 PM
looks sweet so far, halo odst looks cool, don't care to much for L4D2.. its an OK game... crackdown could care less

more info on MW2 would be sweet, game looks awesome.

Xterm1n8or
06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Does anyone have a link to the live stream of the Ubisoft conference please? Thanks.

IISYNII Raid3n
06-02-2009, 12:20 AM
gamespot should have one going. Though at the moment it is really uneventful right now

Dz06lt
06-02-2009, 12:28 AM

I couldnt agree less their conference was weak i mean they closed with 360 wii 2.0 thats just a freaking joke, I doubt ninty has anything at all to show in the way of games but im thinking the PS3 conference will be packed with solid goodies

Th33Troop33r
06-02-2009, 12:30 AM
The avatar movie thing is way to fricking long lol

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Yeah Ubisoft has been boring so far. All Wii and shit. I couldn't care less.

IISYNII Raid3n
06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
This isn't going to prolly get into the good stuff they are really known for, Pop and the like it seems. Unless it is a quick blurp

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah they're just talking about stupid Wii games.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/video-press-conference/ubisoft
^ Much better quality than Gamespot btw.

Dz06lt
06-02-2009, 12:57 AM
yeah ubi is sucking so far but the big hitters will be at the end and some AC2 hopefully will blow us away

IISYNII Raid3n
06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Ugh FINALLY they get to the good shit -_-

Dz06lt
06-02-2009, 01:10 AM
i want to see some of I am alive and AC2

Th33Troop33r
06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
R.U.S.E. and Spilnter cell look freaking good

EDIT:
Oh look... DS now :(

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Ruse and SC look excellent, but what's with all this DS shit? Who cares about the DS? I doubt any 7 year old girls are watching this live.

Da_moopintot
06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
This has got to be the most epic e3 ever. L4d 2, Crackdown 2, mgs on 360, the natal thing, a new halo game, and like fifty amazing trailers (namely assasins creed 2. Its almost to much.

A Meat Pie
06-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Microsoft just made me jizz in my pants! All of these games, dashboard features, on demand movies and music, AND finally, movies coming to Australia!

INFERNOII
06-02-2009, 01:44 AM
I need to get my job back, I've got no money left to splurge :p I'm estimating to buy atleast 50 games this year :O

Th33Troop33r
06-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Yes!!!! Ac2 finally woooo

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 01:56 AM
wow, ubisoft, one of my favorite developers totally sucked. yeah AC2 was awesome, but that was it. what a let down.

Dz06lt
06-02-2009, 01:56 AM
holy shit if that was actually in game i mean holy freakin shit man that was amazing

IISYNII Raid3n
06-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Did I miss much? lol I passed out right after the SC footage

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 02:03 AM
holy shit if that was actually in game i mean holy freakin shit man that was amazing

Obviously it wasn't. Are you kidding me?

And yeah, that whole press conference sucked. No mention of the Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six titles everyone knows are in development. AC2 and RUSE look cool, but we had already seen all that Splinter Cell stuff at MS' conference.

Ubisoft is putting way too much focus on children and soccer moms with their whole Wii and DS lineups.

Th33Troop33r
06-02-2009, 02:03 AM
wow, ubisoft, one of my favorite developers totally sucked. yeah AC2 was awesome, but that was it. what a let down. are u kidding R.U.S.E. and SC looked amazing just like AC2

Dz06lt
06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
i have a wait and see for RUSE it wasnt explained all that well

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Shame there was no in-game footage from AC2, but watching SC:C again made me want it so much more... really enjoyed the ideas from the Avatar sci-fi game that the bloke was talking about too.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 02:20 AM
really enjoyed the ideas from the Avatar sci-fi game that the bloke was talking about too.

You didn't just call James Cameron "the bloke" did you?

IISYNII Raid3n
06-02-2009, 02:32 AM
God that whole Avatar discussion was....god... I don't need to go see the movie anymore at least! Though I will give Ubi credit for being able to keep something under wraps like that for so long

MXR5150
06-02-2009, 02:58 AM
:rockMetal Gear Rising:rock

My prayers so far have been answered. I cannot wait to hear what's announced tomorrow.

v_thorne
06-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Microsoft's E3 had a major impact on me.
I creamed myself for the entire 3 and a half hours they were on the stage...
And the Project Natal made my jaw drop.

Microsoft obliterated Nintendo AND kicked Sony in the balls, all in one swift motion.

Thegreatest7884
06-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Man I'm screwed in November. So many great games coming out. My highlight was Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Rising, and the lowlight was Alan Wake. Reminds me of Alone In The Dark too much. Overall, Microsoft already won.

Waggaz
06-02-2009, 06:14 AM
So many good games. I want them all :)

slmmzy
06-02-2009, 07:47 AM
No Fifa info : (
Alan Wake looks incredible
Halo 3 ODST will be mine

Not really interested in anything else.

Wehttam
06-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else always think star wars when they see L4D2? I always see it as L2D2.

A Meat Pie
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I need to get my job back, I've got no money left to splurge :p I'm estimating to buy atleast 50 games this year :O

Same, but I need a job. Le sigh. And I think my local video store is closing too... :(

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
You didn't just call James Cameron "the bloke" did you?

I did indeed, I'd heard of him before obviously but the name didn't stick in my head... just looked up his films and that explains why I don't remember him too well, not a fan of his films that I've seen at least... Titanic, Rambo 2, Spiderman etc.

But the Avatar ideas sounded incredible!

IncensedCape
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Microsoft's E3 had a major impact on me.
I creamed myself for the entire 3 and a half hours they were on the stage...
And the Project Natal made my jaw drop.

Microsoft obliterated Nintendo AND kicked Sony in the balls, all in one swift motion.

Quoted For Truth. This conference was fucking amazing, if you pardon the French. Who cares if Nintendo have a new Mario title or Sony show their little PSP Go!, nothing will compare with the sheer amount of quality shown...(This is just my personal opinion, so please don't go off on one if you're a Nintendo / Sony fanboy)

1. Beatles:Rock Band - Personally, not my cup of tea, but still an A* star game for fans of the band. Preferable on 360 as Live > PSN. Wii's online service is poor, so wouldn't even consider it. Only disc based DLC for Wii as well...

2. Modern Warfare 2 - GOTY for sure. Preferable on 360 as Live > PSN...plus we get timed exclusive map packs before the PS3. As Jason stated in the article on the homepage - Take that PS3. I'm not even gonna mention the Wii on this one, lol.

3. Final Fantasy XIII - One of Sony's original holy trinity. Not anymore :) Again, not applicable for the Wii

4. Shadow Complex - Looks amazing for an Arcade game.

5. Joy Ride - Some free achievements :)

6. Crackdown 2 - My prayers have been answered. The first was a lot of fun, so I'm excited for the second. Exclusive game.

7. Left 4 Dead 2 - Exclusive game. First one was awesome. Nuff said.

8. Splinter Cell Conviction - FINALLY a rough release date. Trailer was very impressive. Exclusive game.

9. Forza Motorsport 3 - Very nice trailer. Second was very good (Sad that my Forza 2 disk snapped and I only have 196G in this game).

10. ODST and Reach - I like the Halo franchise as they are fun games, even if it isn't as epic as some people make out. Therefore, I'm glad that two more games are coming out.

11. Alan Wake - Delayed to hell, but it will be worth it in the end, as Remedy fucking rock, as shown by the Max Payne series. Oh yeah, Max Payne 3 is coming to 360. Cannot wait...

12. Ability to listen to Last.fm on your 360 - Pretty cool feature.

13. Sky TV on 360(!!!!!!!!!!!) - THIS is the big one for me, as I live in the UK. The Sky HD box is in my house downstairs and my 360 is upstairs. I can finally watch whatever the hell I want in my room when someone else is watching crap downstairs. If I never had a 360, I would seriously buy one just for this, as it's still cheaper than Sky Multiroom.

14. 1080p film streaming - This is probably the future of HD video, so I'm not going to be buying a HD disc player for a while.

15. Facebook and Twitter on 360 - Twitter is fucking stupid, so I don't care about that but Facebook on the 360 is pretty cool.

16. Metal Gear Solid: Rising - Oh dear Sony, your exclusive franchises are dropping like flies.

17. Project Natal - This technology looks incredible, much more advanced than a simple webcam. Possibilities are insane. Just flicking through menus like Minority Report will be cool enough :)

Christ, that's the longest post I've ever written.

EDIT: I found a funny quote about the Natal technology - 'I have to remember to turn this off before I watch pr0n on the ol' xbox, I'd be flying through menus.'

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
The interesting thing to me is that most of Sony's remaining exclusives, as excellent as they are, are first party. Killzone, Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, MAG, Heavy Rain, Motorstorm, etc are ALL Sony-made games. Are there any third party developers that are still Sony exclusive? I don't think there are.

Gackt
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I did indeed, I'd heard of him before obviously but the name didn't stick in my head... just looked up his films and that explains why I don't remember him too well, not a fan of his films that I've seen at least... Titanic, Rambo 2, Spiderman etc.

But the Avatar ideas sounded incredible!

Yeah...I mean he only did Aliens...Terminator 1 & 2 and if you dont like those movies your inhuman.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Nintendo's is starting. Granted they're one of the worst companies on earth at this point, so it's mostly to watch them fail.

But here's the link;
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/

oDrPepper
06-02-2009, 04:18 PM
It's pathetic how Nintendo can't even see how the majority of their sales are from children and casual gamers, that eventually realise how boring it actually is.

Then again, the 360 will attract all of the Wii gamers over the next few years anyway.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Apparently no one at Nintendo watched Microsoft shit in their mouths yesterday because this clown just announced Wii Motion Plus as the next step in movement controls. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

oDrPepper
06-02-2009, 04:34 PM
"I better get off stage before I get embarrased any more"
You work for Nintendo, I'm sure that brings a whole new level of embarrasment for just showing up for the conference.

It's also funny how the new Wiimote seems to play exactly the same as it originally did?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I enjoyed watching that guy fail at archery and then blame it on the wind (it said Wind: 2MPH on the screen). Epic fail.

Now they've announced a bunch more fail. Mario RPGs, etc.

Kite87
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
This is so depressing, damn nintendo :mad:
The ds has a better line up of games then the wii

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
This is so depressing, damn nintendo :mad:
The ds has a better line up of games then the wii

My ass hairs have a better lineup of games than the Wii.

Also, I love listening to this bitch like any of the things she's saying are actually new or innovative. Anyone who thinks this DS shit is innovative have never played LittleBigPlanet or Garry'sMod obviously.

Barad
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I found out a lot i was expecting! :)

oDrPepper
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry, I can no longer watch these idiots try to brainwash the feeble minded.

I'm going to actually play something that doesn't last 10 minutes and requires more than 1 brain cell to play.

Purge
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Obviously it wasn't. Are you kidding me?

And yeah, that whole press conference sucked. No mention of the Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six titles everyone knows are in development. AC2 and RUSE look cool, but we had already seen all that Splinter Cell stuff at MS' conference.

Ubisoft is putting way too much focus on children and soccer moms with their whole Wii and DS lineups.

I couldn't agree more. What they need to do is to stop trying to influence regular people into the realm of gaming and start working with the customers and loyal fans they already have. When I saw Pele it all evened out for me though. I passed out at one point (I think about 1.5 hours in) but Simbadee woke me up by spamming my laptop with full volume on. I swear half of that conference was James Cameron chatting away about how this will be a movie tie-in that doesn't suck.

Xedoss
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
E3's impact on me:

It's high time I start to save up and re-budgetize so I can actually afford all the great games coming out in the months to come.

I've calculated that if I want to buy all the games I want to play in the next year or so, that i'll need € 2000,- ($ 2800,-).

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 05:10 PM
This Nintendo presentation really sucks...

I haven't played a Nintendo since the N64, but I swear that Mario Galaxy 2 looked like a re-skinned Mario 64?

The new Resident Evil and Dead Space games could be cool though.

EDIT: Samus Aran!!!!

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
E3's impact on me:

It's high time I start to save up and re-budgetize so I can actually afford all the great games coming out in the months to come.

I've calculated that if I want to buy all the games I want to play in the next year or so, that i'll need € 2000,- ($ 2800,-).

Haha, that'd be a cheap gaming year for me. I buy just about every title that comes out on 360 and PS3. I wish it only cost $3k a year. :p

Glad that's over with. Now just 45 minutes until Sony's conference. I can NOT wait to see what they have in store. I'm a 360 fanboy, but I sure do love my PS3 exclusives.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Kh:days in english made hyped for it even if i finished the Japanese version.
Golden Sun 3 had my jaw drop.
and the new Metriod.... well i was screamming

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Kh:days in english made hyped for it even if i finished the Japanese version.
Golden Sun 3 had my jaw drop.
and the new Metriod.... well i was screamming

Kingdom Hearts was the only game that even looked remotely decent in that entire conference. I still wouldn't play it on a Nintendo piece of shit though. Is it coming to PSP? I'd get it for that.

It was kind of fun watching Nintendo embarrass themselves though. Microsoft must be snickering right now while waiting for their real competitor to start.

Sony has some truly amazing games coming out this year. They should be announcing the new changes to Playstation Network as well. Great news for those of us that use both consoles.

punker
06-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I actually thought the Metroid game looked pretty cool. Curious how their partnership with Team Ninja works out with that.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Was just saying to a friend that I'd be jumping with excitement if Metroid was announced for the Xbox (I know it'll never happen), but even though I love Metroid and Samus... I'm never getting a Wii so there's not much point in getting excited. :(

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Kingdom Hearts was the only game that even looked remotely decent in that entire conference. I still wouldn't play it on a Nintendo piece of shit though. Is it coming to PSP? I'd get it for that.

It was kind of fun watching Nintendo embarrass themselves though. Microsoft must be snickering right now while waiting for their real competitor to start.

Sony has some truly amazing games coming out this year. They should be announcing the new changes to Playstation Network as well. Great news for those of us that use both consoles.

The is a psp KH game it's called Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, wont be out in japan untill the end of the year, it look just like the ps2 kh games.
kh:days worked extremely well on the ds and is defiantly the best game I've played this year.

The Nintendo conference wasn't that bad some bits were boring but i liked the look of the DS games announced, the Metroid game i didn't expect and Mario Galaxy 2 look great too.

I can't wait to see the games sony will show I'm really interested in Heavy Rain .

A ZombieTwinkie
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
MW2 looked awesome, as we all already knew.
Crackdown2's teaser looks promising.
L4D2 looks damn good. Another promising title from Valve.. though I was hoping for Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
Alan Wake.. Brütal Legend... and everything else looked rather promising.

Didnt watch Nintendo's conference... their kind of slacking, in a lack of better words.

Wondering what Sony's going to announce, asides from PSP:Go. My girlfriend's more excited to see whats goin on than I am. Shes the Sony fangirl, and Im the 360 fanby. quite a competetive household, haha.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Should be starting any second now, guys.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/video-press-conference/sony

Gackt
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Should be starting any second now, guys.

Hoping to see a game I actually want to play on the ps3 ....maybe I will finally buy one :D

dm master
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Im here waiting for the sony conference to start i just want to see if they have ANYTHING im interested in so i can be prepared for my freind with the PS3 (Laughs) trys to laugh at me.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Hoping to see a game I actually want to play on the ps3 ....maybe I will finally buy one :D
Im here waiting for the sony conference to start i just want to see if they have ANYTHING im interested in so i can be prepared for my freind with the PS3 (Laughs) trys to laugh at me.

I can think of about 20 games on PS3 that are worth buying. That said, 360 is still better. I couldn't be without my PS3 though. Way better games overall.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
here we go!

EDIT:good start for sony uncharted look beautiful

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow. Uncharted 2 looks even more amazing than the first one. Talk about a system seller. And it's full coop.

Just amazing. I can not wait.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Now they're showing MAG.

Do you see why Sony has a much better 09 lineup than Microsoft? These games are just amazing. Sony has SO many exclusives this year that are just jaw-dropping. We've already seen two great ones (Killzone and Infamous) and there are loads of others coming.

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 06:32 PM
mag and uncharted 2 did look great.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 06:34 PM
i want that hannah montanah psp

punker
06-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Uncharted looked pretty cool, but "jawdropping" and "system seller" are not two adjectives I would even consider using to describe it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like a dick here-- I think their games look awesome, but I just don't see them swaying the industry that drastically. Typically, games that are "system sellers" are big franchises that have a loyal base from the previous generation of systems. I can't really see anyone caring THAT much about Uncharted 2, unless they've played the first one... and in that case, that person would probably already own a PS3.

impmeister
06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Games look good but the only way I can see myself getting a PS3 is if they bring out a new Jak and Daxter. I haven't paid much attention to Sony recently so I don't really know a lot about all these exclusives coming out.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 06:46 PM
That MAG game looked ok, why can't 360 do 256 players online?

dm master
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I will admit that MAG looked good and Uncharted LOOKED good but i doubt i would buy it.

The new PSP seems alright but i dont think i want a portable enough to buy it. Maybe with the hannah Montana one :P

Gackt
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I didnt see a 256 players in MAG... just looked like Quake Wars : ET to me.

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 06:51 PM
october 1s is my birthday...

Gackt
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Uncharted 2 looked decent...but nothing I wanna go out and buy an entire new console for. Guess I will be waiting until I know more about MAG before I decide.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
That MAG game looked ok, why can't 360 do 256 players online?

It could, just no one wants to try.

Also, I can't imagine not having a PS3 this generation. You miss out on like 40% of the best games.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I hope our 360 MGS game doesn't look like this PSP version... :p

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 06:57 PM
hahaha the box... wtf 4 big bosses

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
I hope our 360 MGS game doesn't look like this PSP version... :p

it's on the ps3 and pc aswell

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
it's on the ps3 and pc aswell

I never said it wasn't? ;)

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
It hasn't been confirmed for the PS3 yet and I sincerely doubt they would ever release it on PC.

Gackt
06-02-2009, 07:15 PM
There entire montage of games had 5 exclusives which were rather...meh and the rest were multiplatform lol.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Agent seems cool. Rockstar's always great.

And FINALLY some AC2 footage. Jesus.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I never said it wasn't? ;)

you said 'our 360 MGS game'

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
is the 360 not getting those 6 weapons?

Swimming, yes!!!!!!

Gackt
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
AC2 Looked amazing.

dm master
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Woah
Love the AC2 gameplay :)

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
FFXIII looks crap compared to Versus XIII

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
is the 360 not getting those 6 weapons?

Swimming, yes!!!!!!

I'll be getting the 360 and PSP games, so hopefully we still can! :p

And wow, FFXIII looks way better on PS3 than it does on 360.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
you said 'our 360 MGS game'

Yeah because it's coming to 360........ you read too much into it.

Final Fantasy 14? Haha Sony's trying too hard.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Whattttt FFXIV!!!!!!!!!! the hellll????

dm master
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Already announcing FF14?? OK thats quite far away... Good for PS3 finally got their thing back

Gackt
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
14 is Online...it best come on pc as well even tho he said PS3 Only.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
why do square announce there games too early?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
why do square announce there games too early?

Did you dipshits not notice that it was FFXIV Online? The sequel to FFXI Online?

This has been rumored for a long time, and has been in development for 5 years. That's a massive announcement, and as a PS3 exclusive that severely hurts Microsoft. MS better hope APB releases on 360 this year.

Twilight Star
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Did you dipshits not notice that it was FFXIV Online? The sequel to FFXI Online?

I noticed that I ment it generally with games like FFXIII and versus XIII

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I lost the video on gamespot and g4, any where else?

edit: never mind

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I lost the video on gamespot and g4, any where else?

YAY LITTLEBIGPLANET STUFF

dm master
06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I think that motion controller is better than the wii but i will wait untill i see netal more till i judge there :)

Gackt
06-02-2009, 07:43 PM

This has been rumored for a long time, and has been in development for 5 years. That's a massive announcement, and as a PS3 exclusive that severely hurts Microsoft. MS better hope APB releases on 360 this year.

Dont know why you feel the need to name call because some people didnt notice the online part...

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Dont know why you feel the need to name call because some people didnt notice the online part...

Well it was obvious during the entire trailer that it wasn't the next singleplayer game in the series.....

Also, ModNation Racers looks awesome.

dm master
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I like that Racer. The track creation tool is amazing :) Im starting to think that this conference aint a failure :)

EDIT: Its over and ill admit i was pleasently supprised by the PS3 tbh. That last creature was cool althought i dont see how it will work as a game.

I still think the Microsoft conference was better though

jimi_stephen
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
that wasn't too bad. Microsoft is still the winner though.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
We all knew Microsoft would be the winner, although the real winners are the people that own both consoles. I could live with either one, but they both have so many great games that I really am glad to have both. Those of you without PS3s are severely missing out. As they showed today, Sony has much more and better exclusives than MS. Microsoft wins at everything else though. The PS3 motion controller looked just like the Wii Motion Plus, I wasn't impressed at all.

OneWolverine1
06-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I looked Final Fantasy Versus 13 up and it said its a PS3 exclusive.... Has that changed?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I looked Final Fantasy Versus 13 up and it said its a PS3 exclusive.... Has that changed?
Nope, and it's doubtful it will. FFXIII is multiplatform, Versus XIII is PS3, the other one is PSP, and FFXIV Online is PS3.

If XIV is as good as XI was, it will destroy my life once again.

OneWolverine1
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow. Uncharted 2 looks even more amazing than the first one. Talk about a system seller. And it's full coop.

Just amazing. I can not wait.

Uncharted looked like an Assassins Creed, Gears of War and Army of 2 rip off. Just saying. Had the climbing of AC. Cover system of Gears. And when the guy was running and shooting, it had the look of Ao2. Now Ill be honest, I didnt play the first one. So, someone can fill in if that was the way the first one played....

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Uncharted looked like an Assassins Creed, Gears of War and Army of 2 rip off. Just saying. Had the climbing of AC. Cover system of Gears. And when the guy was running and shooting, it had the look of Ao2. Now Ill be honest, I didnt play the first one. So, someone can fill in if that was the way the first one played....

Uncharted came out before Assassin's Creed and Army of Two, and it's nothing like Gears.

There's really nothing to compare it to on 360. Absolutely wonderful franchise.

OneWolverine1
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Nope, and it's doubtful it will. FFXIII is multiplatform, Versus XIII is PS3, the other one is PSP, and FFXIV Online is PS3.

At least the meat of those 3 is going to be on the 360. Im not going out and buying other consoles just for one game. My 360 will suffice.
Thank God MGS is now on 360, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy are the games that made me like PS2 over the original XBox.

OneWolverine1
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Uncharted came out before Assassin's Creed and Army of Two, and it's nothing like Gears.

There's really nothing to compare it to on 360. Absolutely wonderful franchise.

Well, on that demo, the guy used the exact same cover as you would on Gears and it even had the controls for jumping over an obstacle like Gears would. Then the main character did a barrel roll that mimiced the roll found on Gears. Just looks like a collaboration. Never saw the first though just saying it had a lot of familiar elements in it. Is that how it played in the first, or did they add anything in from that demo?

antnie
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
NATAL and Beatles Rock Band. Tony Hawk, Alan Wake, MW2, Conviction, Left 4 Dead 2, odst ETC... I don't have enough money :(

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, on that demo, the guy used the exact same cover as you would on Gears and it even had the controls for jumping over an obstacle like Gears would. Then the main character did a barrel roll that mimiced the roll found on Gears. Just looks like a collaboration. Never saw the first though just saying it had a lot of familiar elements in it. Is that how it played in the first, or did they add anything in from that demo?

That's how the first one played, and trust me, it's nothing like Gears at all. Not even the same type of game.

Iregore
06-02-2009, 09:14 PM

True for now, Versus XIII has been delayed so there is still a chance that could change, but for now it is exclusive, as for XIV, I assume it will be PC as well and if you remember back, XIII was announced as a PS3 exclusive and then they changed their minds and said cross-platform outside Japan, so anything can happen between now and release of XIV. Square-Enix make awesome games, but they love to announce stuff far too early when they haven't actually made a final decision on some of these matters.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Square-Enix make awesome games, but they love to announce stuff far too early when they haven't actually made a final decision on some of these matters.

XIV has been in development for years and years though. It's probably closer to being finished than XIII is. For a long time we knew it as different project names, but since about 2004 we've known SE was working on a new MMO. For a long time they denied it was in the FF universe, but clearly that has changed. I wouldn't be surprised to see XIV make it to PC or even 360 eventually. XI started on PS2, then PC, then 360.

jamieCR7
06-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I jizzed in my pants!

SO many things I'm going to want to buy, only thing I'm worried about is where I'm getting the money to pay for it :P Project Natal, Sky Sports and Facebook on Xbox. ALSO, Halo Reach! Left 4 Dead 2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AMAZING!

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Sony and Nintendo are dead. They are totally bum-raped.

2 new Halo games.
Crackdown 2
Project Natal
Modern Warfare 2
Facebook
Twitter
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza 3
Assassin's Creed 2
2 new amazing DLC for Fallout 3
1 new amazing DLC for GoW2
BioShock 2

(And whatever else I forgot.)

And I'm going to buy every single game up there.

Nintendo and Sony have what, a few new games? Microsoft is the dominant console for 2009, no questions asked.

IncensedCape
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Sony and Nintendo are dead. They are totally bum-raped.

2 new Halo games.
Crackdown 2
Project Natal
Modern Warfare 2
Facebook
Twitter
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza 3
Assassin's Creed 2
2 new amazing DLC for Fallout 3
1 new amazing DLC for GoW2
BioShock 2

(And whatever else I forgot.)

And I'm going to buy every single game up there.

Nintendo and Sony have what, a few new games? Microsoft is the dominant console for 2009, no questions asked.

You're dead right there my friend :)

Uncharted 2 blah blah...Talk about a system seller.

No-one would buy a George Foreman just for this game...

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
You're dead right there my friend :)

No-one would buy a George Foreman just for this game...

Lots of people did for the first one, and I'm sure lots of people will again.

You're hysterical by the way. I could say the grass is green in a thread and you'd find it in minutes and say it's blue.

IncensedCape
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
What are you talking about Roly? Just because I prove you wrong in every conversation we ever have?

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:27 PM
We all knew Microsoft would be the winner, although the real winners are the people that own both consoles. I could live with either one, but they both have so many great games that I really am glad to have both. Those of you without PS3s are severely missing out. As they showed today, Sony has much more and better exclusives than MS. Microsoft wins at everything else though. The PS3 motion controller looked just like the Wii Motion Plus, I wasn't impressed at all.

The good games on PS3 are on the 360 as well. Microsoft has a shit load of exclusives, not to mention Project Natal which is 100x better than PS3's and the Wii's, and did you forget about 2 NEW Halo games? Those alone will wreck the PS3. Anyway, I'm out of here before this turns into a console war.

the_b1ues
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I think the ps3 motion stuff looks alot better than the xbox one.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
and did you forget about 2 NEW Halo games? Those alone will wreck the PS3. This is true, I know a lot of people hate the Halo franchise, but a shit-load of people still love it (myself included) and will be picking the two new Halo games up for sure.

The Sony conference was a lot more impressive than Nintendo's, but I still didn't see much that tickled my fancy, God of War 3 looked average, MAG looked like a normal FPS... I did miss a chunk of the show in the middle, anything I'm missing that I should look up?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
What are you talking about Roly? Just because I prove you wrong in every conversation we ever have?

You've never proven me wrong at anything. You usually get boo'ed out of the thread because everyone hates you.

The good games on PS3 are on the 360 as well. Microsoft has a shit load of exclusives, not to mention Project Natal which is 100x better than PS3's and the Wii's, and did you forget about 2 NEW Halo games? Those alone will wreck the PS3. Anyway, I'm out of here before this turns into a console war.

PS3 has;
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
FFXIV
MAG
White Knight
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain
Fat Princess
The new Rockstar game
Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360 has;
Left 4 Dead 2
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Forza 3
And, if you're a 13 year old boy, Halo.

I'd take Sony's exclusives any day. Already have Infamous and Killzone 2 out this year which are excellent, and lots more to come. 360 has Mass Effect 2 next year, which will be amazing, but until then it's still kind of dim.

Natal definitely looks better than PS3's motion control though.

IncensedCape
06-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Sure Roly! Need I remind you of the amount of times people have told you to get lost for being a trolling arsehole on these forums. I'll dig up the quotes if you want :)

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Sure Roly! Need I remind you of the amount of times people have told you to get lost for being a trolling arsehole on these forums. I'll dig up the quotes if you want :)

It's amazing that you even find time to have a life with the sheer amount of time you devote to trolling these forums. It's downright honourable. Now stop trolling this kid's thread. It was the best E3 thread on here before you showed up.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
You've never proven me wrong at anything. You usually get boo'ed out of the thread because everyone hates you.

PS3 has;
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
FFXIV
MAG
White Knight
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain
Fat Princess
The new Rockstar game
Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360 has;
Left 4 Dead 2
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Forza 3
And, if you're a 13 year old boy, Halo.

I'd take Sony's exclusives any day. Already have Infamous and Killzone 2 out this year which are excellent, and lots more to come. 360 has Mass Effect 2 next year, which will be amazing, but until then it's still kind of dim.

Natal definitely looks better than PS3's motion control though.
You're a fucking idiot. You took the good games off your 360 list, and forgot about a dozen multi-million dollar games coming to the 360. It's people like you that I really can't stop laughing at. Halo is for 13 year old boys, eh? That's why millions of people every day play it, and it's been out for 2 years. Show me ONE game on the PS3 that has this much people playing it daily. Now I know why everywhere you post people call you an asshole. Oh, and those games mentioned in my sig and posts are ALL coming out in 2009 or 2010, about 2 in 2010.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
You're a fucking idiot. You took the good games off your 360 list, and forgot about a dozen multi-million dollar games coming to the 360. It's people like you that I really can't stop laughing at. Halo is for 13 year old boys, eh? That's why millions of people every day play it, and it's been out for 2 years. Show me ONE game on the PS3 that has this much people playing it daily. Now I know why everywhere you post people call you an asshole. Oh, and those games mentioned in my sig are ALL coming out in 2009 or 2010, about 2 in 2010.

And all of them are on both platforms except for Splinter Cell Conviction, which you can add to the 360 list I forgot about. Halo has never been good, and probably never will be. They're milking the franchise worse than Nintendo milks Mario. Notice how none of the major publications even seem to have noticed that there are two Halo games coming out? There are too many games coming out this year to care about two brightly coloured arcadey shooters.

IncensedCape
06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Goddamn it, I can't believe how stupid you actually are. The only person that I have a problem with on this forum is you. The rest of the time I'm a normal member, try to make interesting threads, respond with help etc. I'm just amazed by the blind ignorance you display...

Jesus christ, Do you have fun being such an asshole all the time? Be nice for once ffs.

You're a fucking idiot.

It's people like you that I really can't stop laughing at.

Now I know why everywhere you post people call you an asshole.

Nice to know how people view you on these forums isn't it?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Nice to know how people view you on these forums isn't it?

Because people disagree with me? I don't really care about a couple of scrubs who disagree with me. I'm friends with almost all the regulars on this site. You however, I never see anyone liking at all. Only people telling you to stop creating arguments. Again, stop trolling this kid's thread.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
And all of them are on both platforms except for Splinter Cell Conviction, which you can add to the 360 list I forgot about. Halo has never been good, and probably never will be. They're milking the franchise worse than Nintendo milks Mario. Notice how none of the major publications even seem to have noticed that there are two Halo games coming out? There are too many games coming out this year to care about two brightly coloured arcadey shooters.

Halo being bad is your opinion. The fact that it makes more money in sales than any PS3 game to date, proves it doesn't suck. I could say Gears of War 2 sucks, (even though it doesn't), but that's my opinion. Notice what? The fact every day there is a new article about Halo: ODST? Of course it won't get much attention right now, 4 new press conferences just happened, dumbass. Halo isn't bad, it's fun and a good game. If you think it sucks, fine. Keep crying while Halo makes more money you and everyone you know will ever see in your entire life. Case closed.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Because people disagree with me? I don't really care about a couple of scrubs who disagree with me. I'm friends with almost all the regulars on this site. You however, I never see anyone liking at all. Only people telling you to stop creating arguments. Again, stop trolling this kid's thread.
Ohhhh! So now you think you're better than everyone else. This explains it all. You're one of those "hot shots" in school, right? That gets the shit beat out of them because they're total fags? I get it now.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Keep crying while Halo makes more money you and everyone you know will ever see in your entire life. Case closed.

Haha, wow. Now that was a level of ignorance even Incensed Cape could never get to. You sir, win the dumbest poster of the day award.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Now now kiddies, play nice.

This was a cool thread...

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Now now kiddies, play nice.

This was a cool thread...
Until Roly came and denied everything in my post, only to point out one sentence because he knows it's all true and wants to forget it all.

Honestly, I don't like arguing. But this kid needs to be taught some things.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Until Roly came and denied everything in my post, only to point out one sentence because he knows it's all true and wants to forget it all.

You realize you look like an idiot fanboy right? I didn't ignore anything you posted. You posted a bunch of multiplatform games that don't point towards either company. Also, what I was referring to earlier is that IGN, 1UP, and even Gamespot have been all over all the games announced, uploading previews, visiting the booths, etc. But no one seems to care or discuss about Halo ODST or Reach. If that's your thing, great. But Halo is most certainly not something anyone is going to go crazy over. It sells well because there is a huge userbase of young teens on Xbox Live.

Also, being the popular kid in school tends to end in high school. Looks like you have some growing up to do. You type like you're right in that Halo demographic of 12-17, so I'm going to assume you are.

Io Haze oI
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I loved the Modern Warfare 2 gameplay demo and the APB trailer. Also I thought that HALO:ODST and the Metal Gear Solid announcement to be good news as well. I need to watch the confrence so I can watch it all for myself instead of having to read about it.

Saw a fairly large amount of Sony's confrence and now I really want a Playstation 3. Final Fantasy XIV and MAG. Also Monster Hunter Unite for the PSP.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, is the right time to judge in an interesting E3 discussion thread?

Anyone know if there are any more live conferences tomorrow?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, is the right time to judge in an interesting E3 discussion thread?

Anyone know if there are any more live conferences tomorrow?

Nope, but all the booths will be open tomorrow so there will probably be lots of coverage for all the various games. The conferences are only for the first two days though. I'm kind of surprised Activision didn't have one this year, they must be planning something for Blizzcon.

Io Haze oI
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Nope, but all the booths will be open tomorrow so there will probably be lots of coverage for all the various games. The conferences are only for the first two days though. I'm kind of surprised Activision didn't have one this year, they must be planning something for Blizzcon.

Checked on the G4 website and it states that their is two press confrences tomorrow for Square Enix and Konami, at 11am and 3pm. Not sure is that's eastern time or not but I think I'll try to check them both out.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
You realize you look like an idiot fanboy right? I didn't ignore anything you posted. You posted a bunch of multiplatform games that don't point towards either company. Also, what I was referring to earlier is that IGN, 1UP, and even Gamespot have been all over all the games announced, uploading previews, visiting the booths, etc. But no one seems to care or discuss about Halo ODST or Reach. If that's your thing, great. But Halo is most certainly not something anyone is going to go crazy over. It sells well because there is a huge userbase of young teens on Xbox Live.

Also, being the popular kid in school tends to end in high school. Looks like you have some growing up to do. You type like you're right in that Halo demographic of 12-17, so I'm going to assume you are.

Yes, I look like an idiot fan-boy trying to get through to another idiot fan-boy that can't understand simple concepts. And wow, Oh my God. How much of an idiot can you get?

Also, what I was referring to earlier is that IGN, 1UP, and even Gamespot have been all over all the games announced, uploading previews, visiting the booths, etc. But no one seems to care or discuss about Halo ODST or Reach.They were all over Microsoft's E3 conference and the games. Now it's Sony's and the Nintendo's turn. They are discussing the brand new news, not the stuff yesterday. Of course they aren't going to be talking about Halo non-stop, they are multi-gaming websites and don't just talk about Halo and Xbox. See what I mean by not understanding simple concepts?

Teens play Halo, sure. But they also play Call of Duty, Gears of War, and all those fun online games. Do you really need to keep using "liek zomg halo is online good cuz teens play it l0l11!1!s1shift+1?" Because that's the only thing you say about halo that is bad. Every game has teens that play it.

Looks Like I have some growing up to do? You're the one who is 21 and has nothing better to do than argue with someone over the internet about this topic. Go get a job, get married, and raise a family. Or, kindly commit suicide so there is one less waste of space in the world.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Yeah they could've replaced Ubisoft's conference... even though I found a lot of it interesting; the Avatar ideas, the AC2 short films... most of it was kinda pointless.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, I look like an idiot fan-boy trying to get through to another idiot fan-boy that can't understand simple concepts. And wow, Oh my God. How much of an idiot can you get?

They were all over Microsoft's E3 conference and the games. Now it's Sony's and the Nintendo's turn. They are discussing the brand new news, not the stuff yesterday. Of course they aren't going to be talking about Halo non-stop, they are multi-gaming websites and don't just talk about Halo and Xbox. See what I mean by not understanding simple concepts?

Teens play Halo, sure. But they also play Call of Duty, Gears of War, and all those fun online games. Do you really need to keep using "liek zomg halo is online good cuz teens play it l0l11!1!s1shift+1?" Because that's the only thing you say about halo that is bad. Every game has teens that play it.

Looks Like I have some growing up to do? You're the one who is 21 and has nothing better to do than argue with someone over the internet about this topic. Go get a job, get married, and raise a family. Or, kindly commit suicide so there is one less waste of space in the world.

Considering I own both consoles and enjoyed and discussed the merits of both discussions, I'm pretty sure you're the fanboy here, Master Chief.

And no, even yesterday no one was talking about Halo. 1UP skipped right over it in their podcast other than to say that the live demo looked terrible. IGN covered every other game at Microsoft's event except for the Halos.

And Halo's target demographic is most certainly younger than CoD's or even Gears'. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have its place, just that the majority of mature gamers will be more interested in games like Bioshock 2 and Modern Warfare 2 than they will about Halo.

And you most certainly have tons of growing up to do. Your insults are childish and mundane, you can't seem to debate the merits of a product without flaming, and your previous comment about Halo making more money than I ever will was so ignorant that it basically negates anything you say for the rest of your life.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Considering I own both consoles and enjoyed and discussed the merits of both discussions, I'm pretty sure you're the fanboy here, Master Chief.

And no, even yesterday no one was talking about Halo. 1UP skipped right over it in their podcast other than to say that the live demo looked terrible. IGN covered every other game at Microsoft's event except for the Halos.

And Halo's target demographic is most certainly younger than CoD's or even Gears'. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have its place, just that the majority of mature gamers will be more interested in games like Bioshock 2 and Modern Warfare 2 than they will about Halo.

And you most certainly have tons of growing up to do. Your insults are childish and mundane, you can't seem to debate the merits of a product without flaming, and your previous comment about Halo making more money than I ever will was so ignorant that it basically negates anything you say for the rest of your life.Good job, you tried to make yourself look like the professional and the angel here. You not only Google'd big words to post here, you tried to sneak in flames at me, you really should stop trying to flame-bait me. Halo is a good game, don't deny it. You may not like it, but it's an excellent franchise that will make tons of money. I'm pretty sure the only reason I've flamed you is to try and get my point into the very, VERY thick skull of yours, but again, it failed. And I see and have played with many older and mature people on Halo, maybe if you played it and didn't watch some review by some jerk-off, like yourself, you'd know what it's online is like. I'm amused that you avoided my insult about you being 21 and not having a life, again proves that you truly are an idiot.

RedstaR
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
posting in an epic thread.

Oh and btw I am actually considering buying a PS3 after the conference.. a lot of it looks awesome.. I think Sony did just as well as Microsoft tbh.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Good job, you tried to make yourself look like the professional and the angel here. You not only Google'd big words to post here, you tried to sneak in flames at me, you really should stop trying to flame-bait me. Halo is a good game, don't deny it. You may not like it, but it's an excellent franchise that will make tons of money. I'm pretty sure the only reason I've flamed you is to try and get my point into the very, VERY thick skull of yours, but again, it failed. And I see and have played with many older and mature people on Halo, maybe if you played it and didn't watch some review by some jerk-off, like yourself, you'd know what it's online is like. I'm amused that you avoided my insult about you being 21 and not having a life, again proves that you truly are an idiot.

I didn't even use any big words. And how does one google words to use in a post? You're a complete imbecile clearly. I'm not trying to flame-bait you at all. I'm trying to get you to understand that when people are looking at the value and merits of each console's exclusives, the eternally milked Halo franchise will not be one that stands out. No one would switch consoles for Halo, just like no one would switch consoles for Resistance or Killzone.

I said that the game has its place. However that place is not in a discussion about high quality exclusives. The fact that they're pumping out four games in one franchise in under 3 years is proof of the fact that Microsoft is trying to milk every last penny from them while they can. It's just like Nintendo does with Mario and Sony did with Crash Bandicoot last gen.

And I ignored your comment about me being a 21 year old with no life because it just proves that you're immature and don't know what you're talking about. Every time you resort to a childish insult like that any points you could make are taken with a grain of salt. It makes you look extremely unintelligent.

Bearded Bugs
06-02-2009, 11:48 PM
posting in an epic thread.

Oh and btw I am actually considering buying a PS3 after the conference.. a lot of it looks awesome.. I think Sony did just as well as Microsoft tbh.

I would too if I was rich, enough amazing games coming out for the Xbox though so I'm happy.

It certainly is an epic thread too... :p shifted to a whole new paradigm now though!

*Sits back and enjoys the show*

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I didn't even use any big words. And how does one google words to use in a post? You're a complete imbecile clearly. I'm not trying to flame-bait you at all. I'm trying to get you to understand that when people are looking at the value and merits of each console's exclusives, the eternally milked Halo franchise will not be one that stands out. No one would switch consoles for Halo, just like no one would switch consoles for Resistance or Killzone.

I said that the game has its place. However that place is not in a discussion about high quality exclusives. The fact that they're pumping out four games in one franchise in under 3 years is proof of the fact that Microsoft is trying to milk every last penny from them while they can. It's just like Nintendo does with Mario and Sony did with Crash Bandicoot last gen.

And I ignored your comment about me being a 21 year old with no life because it just proves that you're immature and don't know what you're talking about. Every time you resort to a childish insult like that any points you could make are taken with a grain of salt. It makes you look extremely unintelligent.

Can we drop this now? I want to watch some E3 stuff, and I don't feel like checking back here every 3 minutes. I don't want to keep repeating the same things over and over again to you.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Can we drop this now? I want to watch some E3 stuff, and I don't feel like checking back here every 3 minutes. I don't want to keep repeating the same things over and over again to you.

Well since you haven't made a single point, yes. It's probably better that you quit while you're behind.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Well since you haven't made a single point, yes. It's probably better that you quit while you're behind.
And you call me immature? I'm trying to be mature and drop this, but you just need to flame-bait me yet again. What's with you? Hypocrite much?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
And you call me immature? I'm trying to be mature and drop this, but you just need to flame-bait me yet again. What's with you? Hypocrite much?

I don't think I've flame-baited anyone in my entire life. Seems like an unnecessary hassle to me. Anyways, go have fun watching the E3 stuff. Make sure to check out the video of Epic's XBLA title. When it freezes at the end someone yells "gotta love live demos!" which made my day.

Good day, sir.

Kairi
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
One words sums up Microsofts conference- "WOW". The announced so much information quickly. I think I will have a hole in my pocket very soon...

punker
06-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I've pretty much agreed with almost all you've said so far in this thread, but this--

No one would switch consoles for Halo, just like no one would switch consoles for Resistance or Killzone.

I get that you don't enjoy the franchise and that's cool, but there really is no denying that it is a very big money maker for the 360. And it's been a big-named franchise since the original Xbox. I could see a casual gamer who is undecided over which system to purchase having heard about Halo for the past eight years and wanting to check it out. Two more new games could be what sways them.

Look, I'm not trying to start a debate over the quality of the games, either-- I mean, I like the games (and I'm 28 and in college :p)-- Just that love Halo or hate it, it does generate a ton of money.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 12:29 AM
No one would switch consoles for Halo, just like no one would switch consoles for Resistance or Killzone.

Actually I'm going to respond to this too, nothing against your opinion of course, but I did actually swap from PS2 player to the Crystal Xbox for Halo 2.

Iregore
06-03-2009, 12:31 AM
XIV has been in development for years and years though. It's probably closer to being finished than XIII is. For a long time we knew it as different project names, but since about 2004 we've known SE was working on a new MMO. For a long time they denied it was in the FF universe, but clearly that has changed. I wouldn't be surprised to see XIV make it to PC or even 360 eventually. XI started on PS2, then PC, then 360.

True XIV HAS been in development for years, but I still see it being released on 360 outside Japan myself. It will almost definitely be on PC too so still no reason for me to get a PS3 yet. As for why I think it will be on 360, other than the fact they changed their mind with XIII after announcing it a PS3 exclusive, S-E have already expressed on a number of occasions that they have a great appreciation for both Xbox Live and Microsofts views of online gaming through their console, add to this the sheer install base of the 360 in America and Europe and it is highly likely that if it is a PS3 exclusive, it will be a timed exclusive, but you never know.

As for who had the better show on games out of MS and Sony, that all depends on who you ask as different people have different tastes in games, for me, I am only interested in FFXIV and the Rockstar game of those PS3 exclusives. God of War is nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Dz06lt
06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Fanboys are so funny, seriously i know this is a Xbox360 site but the hate and rediculousness some of you poeple for both sides is absolutly laughable. BOTH are great consoles neither "rapes" the other and neither of the 2 bigs Press events were anything to write home about (we all know ninty is for teh kiddies). I mean seriously why the hell cant we all just get along??? people saying well we have better games just makes you look foolish you refer to yourselfs as "WE" as in you personally ARE microsoft or sony, Seriously people just give it up! We are all gamers and should love great games no matter what system they are played on right? shouldnt it be all about the games???? I mean obviously it takes a serious financial commitment to own more than one console but I know there are plenty of people on here that do and those of you that dont are hating just to hate or your jelous that you dont have em both. I mean seriously everyone should just play nice

IncensedCape
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Haha, wow. Now that was a level of ignorance even Incensed Cape could never get to. You sir, win the dumbest poster of the day award.

Keep showing yourself up Roly, it's pretty cute.

Now to respond as to whether Halo could get people to switch consoles. Sony stated that their major flagship FPS, Killzone 2, was it's fastest selling US title and has only sold 667,000 units :) Lifetime sales of the game have finally reached 1 million

Halo 3 on the other hand sold $300 million in the first week. 1.7 million copies were pre-ordered in the US alone. This shows what a failure this supposed system shifter has been. The game itself is pretty average from what I've played so it's not surprising...

CaptainSpanner
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Project Natal is going to be good, its not trying to 'be' the wii, it will out-do it. Halo 3:ODST looks really good, cant wait to see what Halo Reach is going to be like. Modern Warfare 2 looks pretty cool of which ive seen of it. I havent got facebbok, im more of a myspace gut, so ill be making one of them on the xbox. Twitter is just plain crap. Last.fm is going to be good. Games On Demand is going to quite good, but some times you need to go out to buy games to stay sane. The Avatar Marketplace is what i wanted from the start of the NXE, i kind of new that it was going to become reality, i thought it would of a little sooner though. Music stores dont bother me, i dont play music games, but i may have to invest in guitar hero just for the market place, only if it has decent songs on there. Splinter Cell Conviction looks pretty cool, i didnt really like double agent so lets hope this splinter cell is the one to change my mind. Alan Wake looks too much like Alone in the dark for my liking. Forza Motorsport 3 is going to be insane, lets hope the achievements are not stupid like the 2nd one. Left 4 Dead 2 looks awesome, still havent played the 1st one yet, i will soon. I didnt like crackdown but the 2nd one dont look too bad. Ive always hated Final Fantasy Games for some reason. Shadow Complex is a definate buy. Joy Ride looks fun.
So all in all theres not many games that has been anounced that i wanna miss.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Forza Motorsport 3 is going to be insane, lets hope the achievements are not stupid like the 2nd one. I thought the achievement list was really cool on the second one! Why didn't you like them?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Keep showing yourself up Roly, it's pretty cute.

Now to respond as to whether Halo could get people to switch consoles. Sony stated that their major flagship FPS, Killzone 2, was it's fastest selling US title and has only sold 667,000 units :) Lifetime sales of the game have finally reached 1 million

Halo 3 on the other hand sold $300 million in the first week. 1.7 million copies were pre-ordered in the US alone. This shows what a failure this supposed system shifter has been. The game itself is pretty average from what I've played so it's not surprising...

Again you prove to be one of the most ignorant people on the site. Go read my post again. Neither are system sellers, as I said. But again, thinking that hype equates to a good product is what you base your life on clearly.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Again you prove to be one of the most ignorant people on the site. Go read my post again. Neither are system sellers, as I said. But again, thinking that hype equates to a good product is what you base your life on clearly.

People HAVE bought Xboxes (Original and 360) because of the Halo games, doesn't that make them system sellers?

Skepsis93
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
After the announcements MS made, Nintendo and Sony can forget ever surpassing them as far as I'm concerned. Project Natal, MGS look great. I have to say I'm most excited about Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Halo: ODST though. :D

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
People HAVE bought Xboxes (Original and 360) because of the Halo games, doesn't that make them system sellers?

I've never heard of someone buying a 360 for Halo 3. Maybe the original Xbox, I was PC-only at the time and can't comment. But of the 5 or 6 friends I have that own PS3s and not 360s, they're jealous of Mass Effect and sometimes Gears. None of them care about Halo. In fact, of the 40 something people on my XBL list, none of them are ever playing Halo. Obviously it's a very popular product, but it's something that people who are already Xbox fans buy.

We have a "what makes you jealous" thead down in the Sony forums where Xbox 360 users comment on the games they wish were on 360 (MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, etc). I guarantee you that if you made that same thread in regards to 360 over on ps3trophies.org, you wouldn't get a single person saying Halo. No Sony person cares that it's exclusive to 360. No one is going to switch from PS3 to 360 for Halo.

Sure there are probably a few hundred people out there that have purchased 360s because they're Halo fans, but it is certainly not a system seller. Metal Gear Solid 4 was a system seller. Mass Effect was a system seller (it's why most of my friends and I bought 360s). There was even a spike in both console's sales around the release of GTA IV and Assassin's Creed, which could be dual-system sellers.

My point is that while those of you who own 360s were probably impressed with a few of the games at Sony's conference, those who own PS3s were probably impressed with Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, and Crackdown 2. I guarantee none of them, much like the industry, paid any real attention to Halo. Sure it will come out and sell tons of copies, and it will probably be better than your average shooter, but it will certainly not be anything exciting. The live demo was terrible. IGN and 1UP both commented that they felt emarassed for Bungie at how bad the demo was. As 1UP said, the engine looks dated and is showing its wear, the gameplay never sees innovation, there are countless better shooters on the platform, and they're just milking the franchise at this point.

KSizzle
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Left 4 Dead 2! Can't wait.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I've never heard of someone buying a 360 for Halo 3. Maybe the original Xbox, I was PC-only at the time and can't comment. But of the 5 or 6 friends I have that own PS3s and not 360s, they're jealous of Mass Effect and sometimes Gears. None of them care about Halo. In fact, of the 40 something people on my XBL list, none of them are ever playing Halo. Obviously it's a very popular product, but it's something that people who are already Xbox fans buy.

I guess it's different for everyone then, I know a few friends (and Live contacts) that bought a 360 first-and-foremost for Halo 3, you're right about them being Halo fans from the first Xbox, but that's the same for most games on both platforms that are exclusive I'd say. Like MGS4 would be a system seller to people that have played the brilliant games before it, same with Mass Effect (Bioware fans that have played their console RPGs, KotOR, Jade Empire etc.).

Why did the ODST demo get bad reviews? I thought it looked awesome from the Microsoft conference, but I was watching on a tiny, low-resolution video.

Pirate
06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm excited about all the sequels:

Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
Left 4 Dead 2

Also can't wait to check out some of the new IP's.

dm master
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Am i litterally the only person who didnt like mass effect?!?!

This E3 has definatly made me want a PS3 more but i am still glad that I have an xbox and i think it is the better console at least for me as i have never wanted MGS or FF. Mag dose apeal to me though..

IncensedCape
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM

I wasn't even talking to you in the second half of my post but you obviously think that this forum revolves around you, so keep jumping to conclusions.

On-Topic - Bearded Bugs is right : Halo 3 was a major system seller, although I personally did not buy a 360 for this game.

Gohan Reborn
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Let's see...

Off-topic first...

As far as the Halo franchise being a console-switcher, I will say yes it is. 3 of my friends who had PS3's switched to XBOX360's after about 2 week's of coming over and playing Halo 3. 3 months later....and we all still love Halo. I will go as far as to say, Halo is the BEST multiplayer game to have come out on the 360 (I would love to say on all platforms, but since I do not have a PS3, I can't comment unfortunatly). The ability to watch your matches after they're over, from your perspective, opponent's perspective, record them, record clips, take screenshots etc....is a feature I love, as do many people. The multiplayer doesn't have hundreds of glitches that take weeks to fix like going underground (see COD), all the problems that GOW2 has. The only reason I won't say that the game is one of the best period, is because I was NOT a fan of the campaign. There are many campaigns that are better in the same genre, nevertheless all around.

Proof of it's popularity is beyond the 13 year old boundaries that rolyatkcinmai set would be...Perhaps that it was the most played game (Based on unique users NOT seperate games) on XBOX Live in 2007, and 2008. Considering that the game was released in September of 2007 says a lot. Also Halo 3 is currently #1 every week in 2009 (again by UU) since the beginning of April. Need proof, just ask and I'll be glad to provide it.

Back on-topic.

I was able to watch the Nintendo and Sony conferences. Nintendo's was horrible. Better than last years, granted...but not good. Especially after Project Natal, it made the Wii look bad imo when they debuted the Wii Motion +. "Oooh, La-de-da. They're basically giving us, what should of been given to us, when they promised us in the begining with all this motion sensor crap." The Metroid game looked amazing, and imo was the highlight of the conference. Super Mario Galaxy 2, looked decent, I wasn't amazed by it, but i wasn't amazed by the first either (I loved the gameplay for the 1st one however).

Sony's was better, but not amazing. The PSP Go looks sexy, even if the price doesn't. I'll still probably pick one up if it has good reviews. I've been thinking about getting a PS3 for a few months now, maybe after the next price drop, and was hoping E3 would give me more of a reason to but it didn't. The games didn't wow me, and imo, Microsoft easily had the best show. Sonys motion sensor thing didn't even seem to work ffs.

Project Natal, I doubt it's going to be as good as it's hyped up to be. Some things I'm just absolutly....amazed by. The video they showed (that's currently on XBL) was great. The scanning of the skateboard was something I was shocked at. The voice recognition, facial recognition, and then the whole scene with the video chat was great. I'm amazed and I expect big things from it.

Oh and for the record, Halo ODST did not impress me in the slightest. The graphics while improved, did not WOW me. Halo was just...there.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Square Enix's press conference should be starting in a minute. From the looks of things only G4 seems to be covering it.

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32009/pressconferences/

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Square Enix's press conference should be starting in a minute. From the looks of things only G4 seems to be covering it.

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32009/pressconferences/

I've been refreshing that page for the last 20 minutes hoping that the link will activate, but nothing yet... :(

Is it working for you?

EDIT: Ok the link's up, but looks like they're not showing video, only a live-blog... ah well.

PerpetualHeaven
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Actually, Halo 3 did increase sales and it was quite a bit. Consider this: In August 2007, the Xbox 360 sold around 277,000 consoles (Click here for source (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-09-14-game-sales-august_N.htm)). In September 2007, the month that Halo 3 was released, Xbox 360 finally took over the Wii as the number one selling console for the month. In the month of September, Microsoft sold 527,800 consoles while 3.3 million copies of Halo 3 were sold (Click here for source (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/10/19/system-and-game-sales-for-september-2007-in-the-usa.htm)).

Also, I can understand why you may think Halo 3 isn't a system seller, but basing it on your personal experience isn't a legitimate or reliable source (I'm not trying to anger you or offend you with this statement). Additionally, the statistics I posted isn't a mere coincidence, but many have agreed that it is because of Halo 3 that the consoles sold more. Of course, if I say that, I need to provide some evidence. Here she is:

Kotaku: "The effect on console sales has also been amazing, with initial reports showing double the weekly worldwide average of 360s sold." Click here for source (http://kotaku.com/307016/halo-3-makes-300-million-console-sales-double)

Reuters: "'Initial reports from retailers worldwide show console sales have more than doubled compared with the weekly average before the launch of 'Halo 3,'' Microsoft said in a statement. Microsoft did not elaborate, but industry figures show that the company sold 277,000 Xbox 360 units in the United States in August and just over 11,000 units in Japan in that month.
Microsoft also said "Halo 3," which lets people play the game together or battle each other over the Internet, had spurred a "record number" of people to sign up for its paid Xbox Live online service." Click here for source (http://uk.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUKN0438777720071005)

IGN: "Intense interest in Halo 3 also spurred sales of the Xbox 360, helping Microsoft move more than 527,000 units in September." Click here for source (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/828/828504p1.html)

As for you flamebaiting and claiming you would never do it, I beg to differ. Reading your previous posts, I felt that you were instigating to a very high degree. Regardless, that's not the point of discussion. I just felt the need to tell you that I found your words a bit on the provocative side.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
This Liveblog has been pretty boring so far. Good info on FFXIV, which I can't wait for, but there hasn't been anything really interesting yet.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 07:27 PM
It would've been good if they'd said the whole trailer was from the in-game engine...

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
It would've been good if they'd said the whole trailer was from the in-game engine...

Haha, take it from someone who still plays FFXI every day, it's a massive upgrade either way. :p

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Haha, take it from someone who still plays FFXI every day, it's a massive upgrade either way. :p The last one I played was FF9 all those years ago, but I'll probably get FF13 when it comes out to see if I still like them.

Apparently the Konami conference isn't going to be available live either, but they're uploading a recorded version later... looking forward to that one I must admit!

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
The last one I played was FF9 all those years ago, but I'll probably get FF13 when it comes out to see if I still like them.

Apparently the Konami conference isn't going to be available live either, but they're uploading a recorded version later... looking forward to that one I must admit!

Yeah I saw that. I don't much care about Konami either way. I didn't enjoy MGS4, or either of the PSP Metal Gears we've seen. I'll still be buying the new MG for PSP and the Raiden MG, but they're nothing all that exciting to me. Does Konami publish anything else of importance? I can't think of any.

punker
06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Castlevania and Silent Hill are the only other two franchises I can think of that are updated with any regularity. Unless they decide to come out with some new super-duper Contra.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah I saw that. I don't much care about Konami either way. I didn't enjoy MGS4, or either of the PSP Metal Gears we've seen. I'll still be buying the new MG for PSP and the Raiden MG, but they're nothing all that exciting to me. Does Konami publish anything else of importance? I can't think of any.

They do the Silent Hill games too, which I've always loved, I'll pick up "Homecoming" one day... oh and they should be revealing more about the Saw game, which I'm intrigued about definitely.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
They do the Silent Hill games too, which I've always loved, I'll pick up "Homecoming" one day... oh and they should be revealing more about the Saw game, which I'm intrigued about definitely.

You can have my copy of Homecoming, I hated it. :p

I have my apprehensions about Saw, but we'll see I guess.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
You can have my copy of Homecoming, I hated it. :p

I have my apprehensions about Saw, but we'll see I guess.

I always try to be optimistic when thinking about upcoming games, but yeah I'm rather apprehensive about this one too!

Gackt
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
LoL maybe I heard wrong but I swore I heard Sony president say, "you will only be able to play FF XIV on PS3" and now I see Square has announced it for PC lol. I hope it does come to 360 at some point...im sure it will.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
LoL maybe I heard wrong but I swore I heard Sony president say, "you will only be able to play FF XIV on PS3" and now I see Square has announced it for PC lol. I hope it does come to 360 at some point...im sure it will. I'm sure I read on the live-blog from the SE conference earlier that there have been talks about releasing FF14 on Microsoft hardware...

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
A lot of times when things are announced as exclusive they mean console exclusive (Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War ring a bell). But yes, at the briefing today SE said they are exploring their options for the 360, but it will be PS3 and PC at launch. I'll be getting it for PS3 if it really launches before 360. As it's an MMO, it really doesn't matter which console I buy it for. In fact, I'd prefer it for PS3 because of the extra USB functionality and bigger hard drive.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
So far nothing exciting at Konami. Hideo Kojima is on stage (once again, third time now this week?) and he announced a new MGS arcade game. He doesn't seem to realize there are no arcades left outside of Japan. On top of that they've just shown a new trailer for the MGS for PSP announced yesterday.

IGN has a liveblog; http://games.ign.com/articles/990/990878p1.html

Iregore
06-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I'd prefer it for PS3 because of the extra USB functionality and bigger hard drive.

You have just swayed me to also get it on PS3 with the hard drive comment (assuming I have a PS3 by then otherwise just PC), but may I ask what the extra USB functionality is?

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
You have just swayed me to also get it on PS3 with the hard drive comment (assuming I have a PS3 by then otherwise just PC), but may I ask what the extra USB functionality is?

I simply meant that you can plug in a mouse and keyboard for any game on PS3 with incredible ease. I use my keyboard when using Playstation Home. It's handy for MMOs I would imagine (I have to use my Xbox 360 Chatpad for FFXI).

Anyways, BIG news people, the game Konami was hiding was Castlevania: Lords of Shadows. Now that's what I call an announcement. No details on platforms yet. Waiting for IGN.

Apparently it's not a sequel, but a reimagining. Due out in 2010. Kojima Productions is assisting in development.

Edit: IGN just confirmed it's multiplatform. Congrats, 360 men.

iKiddo
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I simply meant that you can plug in a mouse and keyboard for any game on PS3 with incredible ease. I use my keyboard when using Playstation Home. It's handy for MMOs I would imagine (I have to use my Xbox 360 Chatpad for FFXI).

Anyways, BIG news people, the game Konami was hiding was Castlevania: Lords of Shadows. Now that's what I call an announcement. No details on platforms yet. Waiting for IGN.

Apparently it's not a sequel, but a reimagining. Due out in 2010. Kojima Productions is assisting in development.

The sad thing is Blu Ray is still an evolving technology making life harder for devs. So until it starts becoming a lot bigger most the PS3 exclusives will start slipping away and fast.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Looking forward to watching the recording of the conference later, even though I now know what's going to be announced. :p

Iregore
06-03-2009, 10:53 PM

I use a USB keyboard on my 360, they work fine in the dashboard and FFXI, I assume also anywhere else too.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
The sad thing is Blu Ray is still an evolving technology making life harder for devs. So until it starts becoming a lot bigger most the PS3 exclusives will start slipping away and fast.
About 90% of Sony's exclusives are in-house developers, so I doubt they'll be going anywhere. :p
Looking forward to watching the recording of the conference later, even though I now know what's going to be announced. :p
Yeah I can't wait to see more on Castlevania. Sounds really cool.
I use a USB keyboard on my 360, they work fine in the dashboard and FFXI, I assume also anywhere else too.
Nah only certain ones do, my PC's doesn't work at all on the 360. And only a couple games even have support for it. I just love how simple it is to plug in anything on the PS3 and go. Add that to the extra hard drive space, and generally smoother gameplay, and I'll take the PS3 version. If you're able to use a keyboard well on 360 then hopefully it comes out on 360 for you soon enough. ;)

Iregore
06-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Nah only certain ones do, my PC's doesn't work at all on the 360. And only a couple games even have support for it. I just love how simple it is to plug in anything on the PS3 and go. Add that to the extra hard drive space, and generally smoother gameplay, and I'll take the PS3 version. If you're able to use a keyboard well on 360 then hopefully it comes out on 360 for you soon enough. ;)

Well, I will probably get it on PC anyway, but this is the first I have ever heard of a USB keyboard NOT working on the 360, I know several people who have bought USB keyboards and all worked fine, several different ones too, generally the people I know have just bought the cheapest one they could find while out and about.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, I will probably get it on PC anyway, but this is the first I have ever heard of a USB keyboard NOT working on the 360, I know several people who have bought USB keyboards and all worked fine, several different ones too, generally the people I know have just bought the cheapest one they could find while out and about.

I don't know. My friend's works on the Dashboard but not at all in FFXI. Mine just doesn't seem to be recognized. Both of us use it on PS3 occasionally though. I've looked around the internet and lots of people seem to have the same problem, especially with FFXI. Not a huge deal either way, the chatpad works fine for me in FFXI.

Nothing else exciting in the Konami conference. DDR and Karaoke Revolution. Woo.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, I will probably get it on PC anyway, but this is the first I have ever heard of a USB keyboard NOT working on the 360, I know several people who have bought USB keyboards and all worked fine, several different ones too, generally the people I know have just bought the cheapest one they could find while out and about. Yeah I've never had any problems with the USB keyboard I use on my 360, it's even a backlit LED one! But that function doesn't work............ :(

Off-topic, but speaking about PS3s got me wondering about the Blu-ray thing... like, does the huge storage difference (25GB as opposed to 4.7GB) actually get used in PS3 games? Are they 5 times as vast?

Also, do the 360 and PS3 use single or double-layer discs?

Iregore
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah I've never had any problems with the USB keyboard I use on my 360, it's even a backlit LED one! But that function doesn't work............ :(

So is my one, lol, a white Belkin USB keyboard with blue backlight and my backlight works fine, lol. Only thing which doesn't work on mine is the media buttons (not that I expected them too, but would have been even cooler if they did for playing films and music).

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Off-topic, but speaking about PS3s got me wondering about the Blu-ray thing... like, does the huge storage difference (25GB as opposed to 4.7GB) actually get used in PS3 games? Are they 5 times as vast?

Also, do the 360 and PS3 use single or double-layer discs?

I don't know about your second question, but yes the PS3 utilizes the storage difference. One of the reasons you'll probably never see Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360 is sheer size. It's a massive game. (Think about Lost Odyssey for 360, 4 discs). Gran Turismo 5 is sure to be another game that fully utilizes the insane storage. Blu Rays are supposed to be getting much much larger this year as well, which has a lot of possibilities for games.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't know about your second question, but yes the PS3 utilizes the storage difference. One of the reasons you'll probably never see Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360 is sheer size. It's a massive game. (Think about Lost Odyssey for 360, 4 discs). Gran Turismo 5 is sure to be another game that fully utilizes the insane storage. Blu Rays are supposed to be getting much much larger this year as well, which has a lot of possibilities for games.

Yeah the last I heard was that a 400GB Blu-ray disc has been developed by Hitachi or Pioneer (can't remember which), which can be read by most normal Blu-ray machines after only a firmware upgrade... :eek:

Rolyatkcinmai
06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah the last I heard was that a 400GB Blu-ray disc has been developed by Hitachi or Pioneer (can't remember which), which can be read by most normal Blu-ray machines after only a firmware upgrade... :eek:

Yeah it's really impressive. We're still years away from games being able to utilize that amount of space, but the possibilities are endless. Picture GTA IV the size of a state, etc. The reason MGS4 is so huge is more than likely the absurd amount of long cutscenes, which take up a ton of data. Too bad the game isn't nearly as good as its filesize. :p

Iregore
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM

Really, that high already? Last I had heard was 300GB which was 12 layers. As for financially viable, when they started announcing more layers, they also said that several layers probably isn't going to be worth making for a while as the failure rate increases so much with more layers due to any individual layer failing means a disc failure plus more layers is more intricate so more likely a layer will fail. I think when they announced the 12 layer disc they also mentioned that failure rate on it was something rediculously high.

Bearded Bugs
06-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Really, that high already? Last I had heard was 300GB which was 12 layers. As for financially viable, when they started announcing more layers, they also said that several layers probably isn't going to be worth making for a while as the failure rate increases so much with more layers due to any individual layer failing means a disc failure plus more layers is more intricate so more likely a layer will fail. I think when they announced the 12 layer disc they also mentioned that failure rate on it was something rediculously high. Can't remember hearing anything about the failure rate, but I'm sure it won't be an attractive number...

The 400GB disc is 16 layers, and like I said earlier Pioneer stated it'll be readable from a normal BR drive... standard ROMs will come first of course, but hopefully by the time writable 400GB discs become available our writers will be of a much higher quality to reduce the failure rate.

1TB discs are apparently going to appear about 2013.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-04-2009, 03:20 AM
1TB discs are apparently going to appear about 2013.

To think that in 20 years we'd go from 3.5" floppy discs to 1TB Blu Rays is truly amazing.

BUT ANYWAYS, E3 was amazing this year. So many good games and products coming out that it makes me sad I won't have time to play every single one of them.

Pirate
06-04-2009, 03:33 AM
To think that in 20 years we'd go from 3.5" floppy discs to 1TB Blu Rays is truly amazing.

BUT ANYWAYS, E3 was amazing this year. So many good games and products coming out that it makes me sad I won't have time to play every single one of them.

Same here :(

I own both a PS3 and 360 so I want to buy all the exclusives for both, but alas I'll never have enough money.

But back on topic: This year's E3 is definitely one for the record books with so many new ideas and releases. A great time to be a gamer indeed :D

MXR5150
06-04-2009, 03:36 AM
I've never been as excited about E3 announcements as I have for this years. Metal Gear Rising and Castlevania Lords of Shadow are already more than I could ask for. I'm even excited for the new Super Mario Bros. Wii game. What a year for gamers!

Bearded Bugs
06-05-2009, 01:21 AM

It is amazing you're right, where will we be in 2033 I wonder? Is general technological advancement exponential, or fairly linear? I've never looked into it...

There really are so many great things from this year's E3, I think I'll have the time to play everything, but I have to start saving the money NOW! :p

Iv AJay vI
06-05-2009, 02:49 AM
E3 was great this year. I was glad to see Sony actually having some games that could sell numbers close to Microsoft's.

I'm looking forward to playing God of War 3, and possibly GT5.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-05-2009, 04:15 AM
It is amazing you're right, where will we be in 2033 I wonder? Is general technological advancement exponential, or fairly linear? I've never looked into it...

I would say it is most definitely exponential, which could also be contributed to exponential population increase (more thinking minds = more innovation). We've come further in the last 100 years than the previous 10,000 combined, technologically speaking.

ApochWeiss
06-05-2009, 04:24 AM
E3 kinda let me down this year, everything announced was what I expected. Was glad to see Overlord II info, as well as a new Brutal Legend trailer, the Metal Gear game (knew it wouldn't be 4 but it's nice to have one on this system so I don't have to buy a PS3), and the Castlevania announcement shocked me. Really glad to see that one, looks better then Devil May Cry 4 which I thought was excellent. Just really wish they showed footage of Splatterhouse, I had my hopes up high for that one.

All in all another E3 I expected, just like last year when the only shock was the South Park game announcement. Speaking of, where the fuck is it?!

Bearded Bugs
06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I would say it is most definitely exponential, which could also be contributed to exponential population increase (more thinking minds = more innovation). We've come further in the last 100 years than the previous 10,000 combined, technologically speaking.

It all being exponential doesn't really surprise me to be honest, can't wait to see where we are in 20 years.

I'll be old then... but I'm sure I'll still be a tech-lover.

KeyOfDarkness
06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
quite simply E3's announcements have made me poor :p i am in dire need of more money now.....

Viper187
06-06-2009, 01:36 AM
I just hope they're not going to screw us old school gamers with this motion stuff like Nintendo did. Nintendo isn't giving people a choice. People should still have to option to use the standard controller with future games. I have all 3 systems, and I despise the Wii for that stuff. You can't even use the dpad/stick to navigate menus, and there was no excuse for not allowing Punch-Out to work with the classic controller. :(

AVtomFC
06-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Modern Warfare 2 for me, really cannot wait