PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Number

RadicalSniper99
12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
In the Achievement Awards section of the site, the question of which game has the best potential is one of the awards. It got me thinking about the possibility of having more than 50 achievements or more than 1000 points.

Before I get killed for this one, I would expect only more than 1000 points if there were more than 50 achievements.

For instance, a game like Halo 3 will have a deep single player experience while also having an online community you couldn't leave. There could be a mix of achievements for both, but that would leave so many possibilities untapped. If a set was made in consideration of both, it could be really interesting. The SP achievements would take hours alone, and the MP would of course take a ton longer.

Look at some of the games out there. They were able to capitalize out there for their one mode. Dead Rising with the wealth of SP or Chromehounds with all the MP achievements. Most games with 2 modes have been unable to follow through with the best of both worlds.

What do you think?

Webb
12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Microsoft limited each games achievements though, so each retail game can have a maximum of 1000 GP and a maximum of 50 Achievements.

12 Achievements and 200 GP for arcade games, so that unfortunately throws your idea out the window :p

RadicalSniper99
12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
I say we throw these rules out.

That or Microsoft sells the game as two discs. Each shows up as a different game. It is sold as one and works under the same fashion.

HA!

I don't really care that that is their rule already set out, but I think they could come out with a way around it.

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
12-27-2006, 09:02 PM
HALO 3 will have 2 discs......

one for single player and one for multiplayer, the reason behind the 2 discs is to help eliminate the cheating aspect from multiplayer mode, so to answer your question, yes they could in turn have 2000 gamerscore, 1000 for the single player disc and 1000 for the multiplayer disc...now the only question is, will they do it that way.....chances are yes, but we will see next November

xX MaslaN Xx
12-27-2006, 09:06 PM
this will be kool as hell if they do it this way :D

RadicalSniper99
12-27-2006, 09:08 PM
If that is how it is going to be, why not? I'm sure everyone here would like the chance to have more achievements than in a normal game. Besides, it shouldn't take too long to add in something small like this.

Here's to hoping for it.:drunk

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
12-27-2006, 09:12 PM
when it comes to bungie and Halo, microsoft lets them get away with alot more because they know the halo series is a big exclusive they dont want slipping away any time soon

xX MaslaN Xx
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
lol Im not sure when they "let them get away with something" but they might let them have 2000 points.

ScottEvil30
12-28-2006, 01:08 AM
2000 for one game? don't much like that idea at all.

RadicalSniper99
12-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Why not like the idea of 2000 points?

Sure it sounds odd at first, but if a game warrants this much, why not? Halo 1 had a single player that could easily get 1000 points out of it. Halo 2 had a multiplayer that would be great to earn 1000 points. If Halo 3 has a great SP and MP why not give 1000 points to each of these. Achievement hunters would love it while any other gamer can just say it is just something extra.

ImmortalLeoman
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
That would be nice, but I dont think Microsoft would do it

Minty
12-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Why does someone deserve 2000 points for playing Halo 3, and not someone playing PES or something??

Discriminating against people that dont want to play FPS

Krazie
12-28-2006, 08:21 PM
This will NOT happen, and I'm thankful that it won't..

PerpetualHeaven
12-28-2006, 08:34 PM
I think 2000 points is way too much for one single game with multiple discs. If you think about it.. 2000 POINTS! That's beating 2 current games.

RadicalSniper99
12-28-2006, 08:36 PM
This was just an idea. I'm not saying it has to happen at all or even for one game in particular. It could be a great idea for any game if done right. Sure there are some that probably couldn't capitalize on it, but some games would be better if they tracked some other achievements besides the few already there. I wish almost every game had achievements that were much more out of range. I'm not saying it has to happen, but it would be cool it did.

Halo 3 was just an idea since that is one of the games I am looking forward to the most right now. Who knows maybe a different game could utilize the idea.

phatspade
12-29-2006, 01:58 PM
now what's with retail games having <1000 gp? leaving room for expansion or did they have someone who can count make up the achievement point list? idk if your idea could happen just for the fact that MS may only make it 1000 gp per game not per disc.

about some of those endurance type achievements like 10k kills in graw's MP is just not going to happen for me. i think all the achievements should be able to be obtained w/o having to get the games the first day it comes out or having to boost to get them. one thing for sure is I play video games for the entertainment, not to kill myself over getting achievements. even though it is funny to think about the sleepless nights getting pissed off trying to get that last achievement.