PDA

View Full Version : NFL Final Week

RadicalSniper99
12-27-2006, 08:42 PM
The end of the regular season is just up ahead. Thing is, there are still some questions on everyone's mind. Here are some things to look at:

1. The Colts have lost some pretty poor games this year. Does Peyton have any chance of getting the monkey off his back of reaching and winning a Super Bowl for once?

1 (my thoughts). NOOOO!!! The Colts are good, but there are too many holes for them to have legitimate shot in a tough AFC.

2. The Saints are quite surprise. Is it possible for them to win it all?

2 (my thoughts). The Saints are playing nicely, but I don't think an NFC team will win the Super Bowl this year. As in #1, the AFC is too good to lose this year.

3. The NFC hasn't been impressing people this seen. Who is going to represent the NFC?

3 (my thoughts). I personally want the Saints in it, but the Eagles have been making think maybe a lot of us wrote off Jeff Garcia. He may be just what they needed.

4. Is there a chance for a team left for dead at the beginning of the season to slide into the playoffs still?

4 (my thoughts). I am rooting for the Titans, but I know the ridiculous number of happenings that need to go on this week for that to happen. Titans win, Broncos lose, Chiefs win, and Bengals lose I think. Not going to happen, but I can hope for it.

IMportdreams95
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Ok so im really sick of people saying can Manning do this, can Manning do that. Year after year Manning has done his job. So everyone can get off his back. The question should be, can Indy's defense get their starters back, and play decent. I've said over and over we have 5 of our defensive starters player. Im not making excuses they are playing like shit regardless.

Last year Indy had one of the best defenses out there, if you say they didnt your on crack! if we didnt have our best Run stopper out forever with cancer(cory simon) a guy out due to car wreck, and other misc injuries we would be doing better. Giving what we have, we are doing great. We have alot of our offense out as well. It is what it is. No excuses, but know what your talking about and make since before you open your mouth. Manning can't throw the ball, then catch it, and sack the QB so get over it. Manning does what he needs to.

Fonkey Monkey
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM
you guys have some piss poor fans, i remember when the colts were 10-0 and your fans were still bitching...
im goin to the jags-chiefs game on new years eve, and this game might decide who makes it into the playoffs. but idk though the jags would be in sooo much better shape if could just be fucking consistent.

RadicalSniper99
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM
If you're going to tell me that he is doing amazing always then there is something wrong here. And don't try telling me that some of these defensive performances by the Colts are because of injuries. I have seen teams this season with defenses half as good as the Colts not give up the type of runs the Colts are. This isn't just an injury thing, this a fundamental issue with the Colts. I've liked them in past years to win it all, but each year the team isn't firing on all cylinders.

Yes I understand injuries are going to hurt a team, but the level that it is at for the Colts is beyond believeable right now. This is on the border of pathetic. Look at some other teams with issues like the Colts and see how they have been able to overcome it. The Eagles don't have much of a Run Defense either but have been able to function as a defensive unit this season.

PerpetualHeaven
12-28-2006, 06:18 AM
If you're going to tell me that he is doing amazing always then there is something wrong here. And don't try telling me that some of these defensive performances by the Colts are because of injuries. I have seen teams this season with defenses half as good as the Colts not give up the type of runs the Colts are. This isn't just an injury thing, this a fundamental issue with the Colts. I've liked them in past years to win it all, but each year the team isn't firing on all cylinders.

Yes I understand injuries are going to hurt a team, but the level that it is at for the Colts is beyond believeable right now. This is on the border of pathetic. Look at some other teams with issues like the Colts and see how they have been able to overcome it. The Eagles don't have much of a Run Defense either but have been able to function as a defensive unit this season.

I admit the colts have an extremely poor defense at the moment, but super bowl wise I can see them finally making it to the finals. Their offense is great and maybe, just maybe, the defense will step up and do something. It's never been about Manning. Manning has done his job every single game. The man is the best QB in the league, a future hall of famer, and probably going to be one of the best QBs to have graced the field. He's not to blame here.

The Colts offense can only do so much. Manning, Marvin, Wayne, Rhodes, Addai, etc can only do so much. They've produced a lot of offense (especially on the ground while losing James) and their defense is just slacking. 400 points on offense compared to a pathetic 338 points allowed. You can point fingers at Manning as much as you want, he doesn't choke, his team chokes. 2004 his offensive line choked. 2005.. Vanderjagt choked. 2006.. we'll see who chokes but hopefully no one does. Manning deserves atleast one ring and i'm rooting for them. They aren't my favourite team, but I respect them.

Sebastian55
12-28-2006, 09:18 AM
The end of the regular season is just up ahead. Thing is, there are still some questions on everyone's mind. Here are some things to look at:

1. The Colts have lost some pretty poor games this year. Does Peyton have any chance of getting the monkey off his back of reaching and winning a Super Bowl for once?

1 (my thoughts). NOOOO!!! The Colts are good, but there are too many holes for them to have legitimate shot in a tough AFC.

2. The Saints are quite surprise. Is it possible for them to win it all?

2 (my thoughts). The Saints are playing nicely, but I don't think an NFC team will win the Super Bowl this year. As in #1, the AFC is too good to lose this year.

3. The NFC hasn't been impressing people this seen. Who is going to represent the NFC?

3 (my thoughts). I personally want the Saints in it, but the Eagles have been making think maybe a lot of us wrote off Jeff Garcia. He may be just what they needed.

4. Is there a chance for a team left for dead at the beginning of the season to slide into the playoffs still?

4 (my thoughts). I am rooting for the Titans, but I know the ridiculous number of happenings that need to go on this week for that to happen. Titans win, Broncos lose, Chiefs win, and Bengals lose I think. Not going to happen, but I can hope for it.

Hell YES!!! I'm rooting for the Titans as well! Even though chances are not so good... The way the Titans, being such a young team, has pulled together the last several games to function well together and make big plays when they are needed is awesome!! I've been a Titans fan forever, even the last few seasons when they only won 4 games a season... it's good to see them back and winning more games again.

Cause
12-28-2006, 03:00 PM
You know what makes me sick. Know that the seattle Seahawks lost 4 stright and still made the playoffs. I know there division sucks but damn....

Buttcheeks
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
The NFC is pathetic and i'm a giant Bears fan. I'm hoping they can make it to the superbowl but unless they start playing a little more consistent and Grossman can keep his head out of his ass long enough they aren't going to go far. In the long run i think it will be either the Bears or the Eagles in the NFC.

The AFC is tough this year and with the streak the Colts are riding i will definately bet against them making the superbowl. I would have to go with either the Chargers or the Ravens in the AFC this year with a slight edge to the Chargers because of LT.

IMportdreams95
12-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I could sit here and argue the points about the colts all day long. Yes there is some problems but tell me it isn't bc injuries your wrong. Put 6 second and third sting players out there with some of the best in the league and see how they do. Like i say in every post its not an excuse, there are oher problems this is just one of them. Im a colts fan regardless thick and thin.

Being from Indy i've been a fan through the good and the bad. Im sick of these fan weather folks. Either you like them or you dont. Good or Bad.

I believe in Blue day after day and nothing will change that!

GO BLUE!!

Buttcheeks
12-28-2006, 03:52 PM
[quote=IMportdreams95;152350]Being from Indy i've been a fan through the good and the bad. Im sick of these fan weather folks. Either you like them or you dont. Good or Bad.

[quote]

I totally agree with that. I hate when people say oh i'm a fan of this team and once they start having a terrible year they immediately become fans of another team. I've been a Bears fan all my life and we have had alot of bad years but i still cheer them on every year losing or not.

RadicalSniper99
12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I agree that it is nice to see people who stick with their team through the good and the bad. I've been a Titans fan and before that an Oiler fan.

Just so you know, I don't the Colts or Peyton Manning. I want to see him win one, but things just haven't ever worked out for him at the end of the season. I wish this was the one, but unless something changes quickly I don't see it happening this year either. Maybe it will be for the better. Gives Addai some time get used to everything that's going on and fit into this offensive picture.

The Bears are a strong team, but they have had some pretty bad spots this season. Only a few teams have losses that don't look bad or wins that seem like they should have been stronger.

IMportdreams95
12-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Maybe it will be for the better. Gives Addai some time get used to everything that's going on and fit into this offensive picture.

Addai is doing great in the offense, i wish they would make him the starter. I really hope he starts in the playoffs. Addai sharing the spot with rhodes has over 1,000 yards rushing. If they would have put him in to start he could of easily had 1500+. We will NOT and do NOT miss James!

PerpetualHeaven
12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Addai did do amazing. 5 yards per CARRY FOR A ROOKIE!!
That's just awesome.. LT averaged around 5.3 I think and he's LT!!!
Addai has a bright bright future.

IMportdreams95
12-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Addai did do amazing. 5 yards per CARRY FOR A ROOKIE!!
That's just awesome.. LT averaged around 5.3 I think and he's LT!!!
Addai has a bright bright future.

Yeah he does, and if he would have had the starter position i think we would be looking at the Rookie of the year.

SLYTHE U UP
12-28-2006, 07:34 PM
You know what makes me sick. Know that the seattle Seahawks lost 4 stright and still made the playoffs. I know there division sucks but damn....

It doesn't matter if the seahawks made it to the playoffs, because the rams are going to win there next game and and make it to the wildcard where they beat seattle because thats how it always is. I'm a big rams fan and steven jackson will run all over seahawks D, torry holt,its over, every time the seahawks and rams face in the wildcard we always win, 2004 season, we went 8-8, seahawks went 9-7, we beat them and then lost to the falcons and then falcons lost to the eagles, thats how it is this year, except no falcons but yes eagles!!!!!!GO RAMS MARC BULGER!!!!!!! Pro Bowl MAtt Hasselback NOOOOOOO!!!!

messym
12-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I think AFC is really a toss up. Even though everyone seems to be pushing for San Diego this year I doubt they will make it. I base my theory on Marty's abismal coaching history and in the playoffs it all comes down to coaching. I see the other 3 division winners w/ good head coaches. My guess is the Colts, Ravens, or Pats represent us.

RadicalSniper99
12-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't fall into the coaching issue or history of what's happened in previous years. It's not always a solid way to think of it all. Just look at the past couple of years:

1. Bill Cowher finally won the big game
2. The Red Sox and White Sox both won a World Series
3. The Colts beat the Patriots in New England

Anything is possible right now. For all we know Jay Cutler could lead the Broncos all the way (unlikely). We count things out for stupid historical reasons all the time and never think maybe it's time for it to change.