PDA

View Full Version : 360 turning into a Wii?

xdishx
06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Just found this on the msn homepage..

http://events.uk.msn.com/tech/e3-2009/article.aspx?cp-documentid=147717385

Enx Bonx 400
06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, this was announced at E3 yesterday.
I don't think it's as bad as the wii controls - it looks innovative and involves no controller - it should be fun and I'll be interested to see what MS do with this.

MattyBoosh
06-02-2009, 11:15 AM
You've just found this?
Project Natal is the biggest buzz in the gaming and technology industry since the reveal at E3 yesterday!

As for your question - then no, it's nothing like the Wii.

If pulled off correctly, which i'm in no doubt they will do - Project Natal will be the biggest leap forward in video gaming and home entertainment in many a year.

Barad
06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
WOW wasn't expecting this atall, very surprised in a good way i guess..Wii's are great fun and all that but leave xbox alone and the way it is!

D.A.N.
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
The difference with this and the Wii is that the Wii uses motion control as it's primary base to play games. The 360 doesn't do that, which opens for alternatives to playing games alongside it. I don't think this will replace traditional gaming. It is a wondrous technological achievement, but what it can do in terms of quality gaming interaction is still up for debate.

Iregore
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I think it will be awesome for games like Civilization, you could scroll the map with your hands, control units by 'touching' them (assuming you can calibrate it somehow to reflect where you are pointing on screen), even possibly zoom in and out on maps. Plus you have all the other benefits in other games.

mosin360
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Thankfully MS will only use it as a side project while the main games will continue to use the best controller out there.

syntax419
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
As long as this mocap crap isn't mandatory to play the newer games coming out down the road, then I could care less. Controller FTW

Cissnei
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm not into the motion controller/capturing stuff at all. If they add it as a bonus feature I won't touch it and I won't care. But please don't make it mandatory for new good games.
Does anyone else think that the xbox will also be flooded with crappy "fun/family" games with bad motion support like the WII (At the moment I find it pretty hard to find an actually good game for the WII in all that "fun" game stuff)?

Pheonix_Assassin
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Personally i thought "Project Natal" was awesome, its a great idea and when you think about it, its nothing like the "Wii" since the "Wii" uses a "Remote" and "Nunchuck" whilst "Project Natal" uses the human body.

Very exciting stuff.

ReaLiStiiC
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
They should keep the motion sensing crap for the Wii system.
Not Xbox 360

Br0kenAssass1n
06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
You're all entitled to your opinions, but some of you infuriate me. This is one of the biggest leaps in gaming technology in a long while and yes whilst it may not fit in with some of the games on the system, this new advancement can only be a good thing? It brings more people to the console and much more importantly, it challenges the Wii. Where FFXIII, MGS:R and Tekken are all blows to PS3, this will be a blow to Wii.

I think this is only a good thing, because the likelihood of it being included in the core gameplay of current AAA series (Gears, Halo etc) is low for the sheer difficulty it would be to control the protagonist, on the flip side however, for games like Scene It, Trivial Pursuit and other such games this will fit in perfectly. I would find it much more fun to shout at the TV whilst playing Scene It instead of whacking a buzzer, add alcohol to the whole thing and you got one good night in.

Whilst people limit themselves to FPS's the console will never grow past what it is now, and whilst that may not be a bad thing considering the awesomeness of the 360, I for one welcome such advancements in it's 'arsenal'. Hell, I don't need to use it if I don't want to.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-03-2009, 12:53 AM
i guess its a cool concept, but I perfer a controller as MotionSensing thing will be gay for some games, like shooters.. if the camera doesn't pick up what you want you can be killed therefore making it luck based... as its not gunna be Perfect.