PDA

View Full Version : Locked account?

iR3WiiNDzZ_x
06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Well basically it's a quite boring story but oh well.
When I first got my Xbox live I used to buy the subscription cards but one day I got really inpatient and asked my sister to use her Debit Card for me, which she did and then I found out that after awhile that she doesn't use that card anymore so she never puts money into it and then my Xbox live got locked. I then bought a 3 month subscription card to see if that would work but it didn't. Any ideas how I can get it to work?

CyanideBreathMint
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
1.800.4.My.Xbox

AOS Puck
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
From what I remember, they won't unlock your account until you add another credit/debit card to your account.

iR3WiiNDzZ_x
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Would that require talking to a strange person?

gamerguy69
06-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Did you pay attention to what kind of Renewal was set? Did you purchase a 1, 3, or 12-month subscription? It may have been set to auto-renew and when a 2nd charge (at the end of the term) could not be authorized the account was locked.

Pure Efficiency
06-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Would that require talking to a strange person?
Define strange lol. I've met some interesting ones on microsoft's lines thats for sure.

Barad
06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
if you were to ask them then it would only befor help and advice init??

Ingles
06-02-2009, 05:20 PM
From what I remember, they won't unlock your account until you add another credit/debit card to your account.

They shouldn't have "locked" it in the first place. As long as you type in the 25 character code for your new subscription charge, I don't see what the problem would be because you aren't using the debit card any longer.

Edit: Yes, I remember just typing in the code in the past one time when I had to replace my credit card and it worked just fine. Definitely speak to Microsoft and see what is going on with their site. I always hated not being able to remove my card once I used it.

Glowin Smurff
06-02-2009, 07:09 PM
but it's still on file. so like #2 said

1.800.4.my.xbox

martdude16
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
It happened on my brothers account when my Dad changed Credit Card details. He got his account 'locked' aswell.

A month later it was unlocked and became a silver account. So if all else fails just make a 1 month free trial till you get it back.

gamerguy69
06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
They shouldn't have "locked" it in the first place. As long as you type in the 25 character code for your new subscription charge, I don't see what the problem would be because you aren't using the debit card any longer.

Edit: Yes, I remember just typing in the code in the past one time when I had to replace my credit card and it worked just fine. Definitely speak to Microsoft and see what is going on with their site. I always hated not being able to remove my card once I used it.

In your case was the account locked when you entered the 25-digit code? I don't see any sense in trying to use a 3-month code after the account had been locked. OP needs to resolve that issue before using any pre-paid cards.

Ingles
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
In your case was the account locked when you entered the 25-digit code? I don't see any sense in trying to use a 3-month code after the account had been locked. OP needs to resolve that issue before using any pre-paid cards.

When they couldn't charge my subscription automatically to my card, they simply reduced my account to a Silver status account. They didn't lock anything.. I went out and picked up a subscription card, typed it in under "Redeem Code" and it worked fine. It updated my subscription status, I signed out, signed back in on Xbox Live and it worked great. No problems. Like I said, call them and ask why they would lock your account.

iR3WiiNDzZ_x
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Did you pay attention to what kind of Renewal was set? Did you purchase a 1, 3, or 12-month subscription? It may have been set to auto-renew and when a 2nd charge (at the end of the term) could not be authorized the account was locked.

Yeh, I found it that there is auto-renew on which is a pest as I was only intending to use it for a month. Could I just put money onto the Debit Card to make it work?

gamerguy69
06-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeh, I found it that there is auto-renew on which is a pest as I was only intending to use it for a month. Could I just put money onto the Debit Card to make it work?

So the card has not expired? I suppose adding funds to the card could clear up the problem.

Did you initially purchase only 1-month and it set the renewal to monthly or yearly?

iR3WiiNDzZ_x
06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeh initialy I bought a month not knowing about the renewal bit so it's set to a monthly payment. I'm assuming adding money to the card will fix up the problem.