PDA

View Full Version : wired head set

Subject_Me
12-28-2006, 03:09 AM
hey everyone, im having some problems with my wired headset i can't talk into it, i can hear others talking online but cant hear them. ive checked all my personal settings still the same, so i went out and bought a new mic and still nothing. any advice? thanks

edit: also i just got my 360 back from the repair centre but it was like this a little while before it broke if that matters at all.

Maka
12-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Usually thats one of two probelms.

The Privacy Settings, Make Sure Everything is Enabled.
OR
the Little thign that goes into your controller. Often the gray thing that plugs into the bottom of your contrller gets a short circuit or a loose wire.

If you're sure you've checked both, all I can think of is the contrller being problematic. Try using a different controller.

Gunstar Chaos
12-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Yea that's the way mine is, I have to wiggle the cord a tad to get it back. I got a more comfortable headset but it don't have a switch to mute/unmute or volume. I don't know what's the deal with that.

Subject_Me
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
i phoned the support line and there going to send me a new controller, i was a bit suprised about that. Im supposed to send my old one away but i dont think thats going to happen :)

IceWarm
12-29-2006, 04:17 AM
My original Xbox 360 headset broke back in November. Thankfully the Vision camera included a headset.

Crash
12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
hey everyone, im having some problems with my wired headset i can't talk into it, i can hear others talking online but cant hear them. ive checked all my personal settings still the same, so i went out and bought a new mic and still nothing. any advice? thanks

I have had the same problem a couple times now. The ear piece works but not the mouth piece. Usually when this happens it is the headset, not the controller. Sometimes you can get it to work again by wiggling the wire near the base.

Not sure why it happens, but I have replaced 3 headsets now. I even had one die on me while talking to someone :mad: .

KMB 316
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
mine had same problem, i could hear but they couldnt hear me, i called MS they sent me a new one with a pre paid UPS sticker to send my broken one back!