PDA

View Full Version : New section (or something)

Jappe XBA
06-02-2009, 05:56 PM
There is an option to sort games by the score given by x360a in the Reviews section of the site (link (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/reviews/)), so I think you should make some kind of similar section where you could sort the games by the difficulty of the game put in the road map. Shouldn't be too hard to make, eh?

kaleido42
06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
It would be a good idea but then again there are already several threads that people have made where you can look that stuff up.

Jappe XBA
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Where?? I haven't seen one of them :(

kaleido42
06-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Hm, I guess none for difficulty that I can remember, just time.

SetsunaFSeiei
06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I like it, have players give the game a difficulty then the section your talking about can average it out

Jappe XBA
06-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Any word from admins or mods, or supermods? :)

Nightdragon
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
It is a nice idea, the problem however is that not all games have a road map yet, so some games will get placed really low down the list even if they are hard.

There could be a list that were to rank all of the games that DID have a difficulty rating, but then that again leaves out a fair few games. The same could be said of the review system I guess, because some games do not have reviews, but when listing games by difficulty, it becomes more important to include them all rather than just some, unlike the reviews.

Jappe XBA
06-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Maybe it could be implemented when there are road maps in almost every game? And I think that members will write road maps quickly to the new games so that they be a part of the listing too. Hopefully that is not too unclearly writed :P

Offtopic: Nice to see you back Night. Checked yesterday and you had been online last for about 30 days ago or something :P

dakisbac
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, until all the games do have ratings, you could just put "not rated" under that column (count it as 0/10 for listing purposes). That would also be useful for letting people know which games need a roadmap.

J.Waddo
06-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Saying that Night, it would be an easy way for members to see which games need Road Maps writing for them:)

Webb
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Not only would we have to put a new section in the site's database, but we'd also have to go in and edit in all the current ratings.

Plus, ratings are subjective and are only intended as a guide. I'm not sure we'd be comfortable saying that a certain achievement difficulty is rated on the thoughts of one person either.

Smashing Impact
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe a voting system could be implemented so that the difficulty of a game's achievements were based on an average of people who have played the game?

Webb
06-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Maybe a voting system could be implemented so that the difficulty of a game's achievements were based on an average of people who have played the game?

That's been part of the plans for sometime now, but getting it to work without interfering with the game rating system is a tricky son-of-a-bitch :p

Smashing Impact
06-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I can understand how it will be hard to put in, but I think it will be well worth it. I was looking on eBay last night at games and was going to the achievement lists of some games and you can't really tell how hard the achievements will be by reading some of them. :p

MattDB87
06-26-2009, 02:40 PM
well it could be as simple as having a poll above the achievement guide asking "What do you think the achievement difficulty of this game on a scale of 1-10." Then the results get made into a list in order of easiest to hardest from all the votes and can change as votes get added to it. It would be a large list though and would be updating every second. So im sure it will be lots of work.