PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit...short?

Zef
06-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Did anyone else not think that it wasn't the most arduous of tasks completing the game (beating the final song at least)? The number of stars needed to unlock the next setlist meant you could play a handful of songs to finish the game rather than needing to play the majority like in GHIII.

Whilst the songs are indeed good and the game will have plenty of life in it for months to come I was expecting it to be more challenging. If I were any better then I could attemp some of the achievements on Hard difficulty for the guitar, right now I just have to wait to get some drums so I can mash out those achievements.

Plus I have another copy of the game to sell off (definately not plugging it in this thread...).

Crimson Ridley
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I think it's because it's catering more for the casual gamer. I actually like the career like this because I didn't have to play crappy songs like "Stacked Actors" to complete the career. It lets you get through the game playing the songs that you want to play.

Plus, the 3 that you HAVE to play are arguably the easiest 3 songs on the game.

I still played all the songs that I wanted to play and I think I went well over 72 stars before playing "The Thing That Should Not Be".

It's not a case of finishing the game anymore, more of enjoying the game. If you were forced to play "War Ensemble", "Dyer's Eve" and "Fight Fire With Fire", the game would be much less enjoyable for people who aren't too skilled at the game. This new way lets them get to the credits with minimal fuss, and maximum enjoyment. :)

Coadster1
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
It's not as short if you play all the songs.

elektrixxx
06-07-2009, 11:07 PM
The game is as long as you want it to be mate.

adriano28
06-08-2009, 05:19 AM
i agree with callum and elektrixxx. Basically, when i completed it, i thought 'man that was short and crap' then i realised i still needed to unlock more charictars like kirk Hamlett, and his classic and zombie version by getting more stars. (i also realised i had to do bass career. lol)

Magic Coletrain
06-09-2009, 12:09 AM
It's long if you go through all the songs

i think it's a great game with quite a challenge since i suck at guitar (im a GH/RB drummer :P)

btw anyone else feel slightly let down by having "The thing that should not be" as the final song?

i mean that came out of the blue, i was thinking the last song was gonna be Puppets or Fight Fire With Fire or you know...something epic

Dazz
06-09-2009, 01:34 AM
btw anyone else feel slightly let down by having "The thing that should not be" as the final song?

i mean that came out of the blue, i was thinking the last song was gonna be Puppets or Fight Fire With Fire or you know...something epic

It fits for several reasons:

* The band goes down into an ice cavern at the end, similar to going to Hell which is like a gaming ending level anyway sorta. Plus it's based on an actual gig they played in a place made of ice in the 90s.

* Which fits nicely with the fact that The Thing That Should Not Be is based on the Cthulu stories where one of the Great Old Ones is seen by a human exploring the Arctic who then goes mad and that same creature's eye and tentacles are seen in the background on the venue

Could've chosen another song but for the venue you get to play in last it's a decent fit with only Call of Ktulu being the other appropriate choice.

Nirumano
06-09-2009, 03:37 AM
It's long if you go through all the songs

i think it's a great game with quite a challenge since i suck at guitar (im a GH/RB drummer :P)

I was disappointed by the fact that the last song was so freaking easy, and the only one you needed to pass on expert to get expert career achievement. It's a nice song, but way too easy to be the final one. What happened to difficulty curve?

Yunder
06-09-2009, 03:45 AM
I thought th game was amazing, and it opened up new songs by metallica that I never heard before.

As for the last song, I thought it was appropriate. Although, 'The Call of Ktulu' would have been a nice choice as well.

NicoMil
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree with Callum ... But I think it's really shit how bad people can get the Expert achievement by just completing the last easy song on Expert ... Apart from that I like the whole new layout of not having to play the shitty songs

Lordvader178
06-11-2009, 07:37 AM
It's not a case of finishing the game anymore, more of enjoying the game. If you were forced to play "War Ensemble", "Dyer's Eve" and "Fight Fire With Fire", the game would be much less enjoyable for people who aren't too skilled at the game. This new way lets them get to the credits with minimal fuss, and maximum enjoyment. :)

But more enjoyable for me :P

I think they did the right thing putting TTTSNB as the final song. Sets a good mood.

And Zef, play expert then say it's not challenging :P

LoveAGramm
06-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I enjoyed it

PerpetualHeaven
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
GH: M is by far the most challenging Guitar Hero to date, in my opinion. I played GH: M for a while and went back to GH3, and it was too easysauce. My scores on all the songs just sky rocketed.

Nirumano
06-11-2009, 08:46 PM
GH: M is by far the most challenging Guitar Hero to date, in my opinion. I played GH: M for a while and went back to GH3, and it was too easysauce. My scores on all the songs just sky rocketed.

Except Raining Blood ofc? :D Some of the score achievements are redicilously hard to some people (like me ^^), but I'm not sure if the overall game is more challenging than GH3 (imo it's not).

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 07:08 PM
This is why the next GH achievements are so hard eveyone complains about achievements bein too easy...stop complaining over easy Gamerscore thats stupid...

kevinbeck12713
06-19-2009, 01:53 AM
The way I see it, after I beat GHIII and whatnot, There ended up being like 5 or 6 songs that I would play over and over anyway. Being a huge Metallica fan, and i mean HUGE, theres like 30 songs i see myself playing over and over and over, so in my own little way, this is the biggest guitar hero game to date :)

EDIT:
This is why the next GH achievements are so hard eveyone complains about achievements bein too easy...stop complaining over easy Gamerscore thats stupid...
Actually, easy gamerscore on a game you love is one of the most frustrating things ever. The whole point of achievements is to show off ones skill. If all the achievements are easy, theres not bragging rights in getting 1000 in the game. So harder achievements are important.

Ichigo2166
06-11-2010, 03:42 AM
This game should have had 75+ songs in it. Not less tha 50.