PDA

View Full Version : Wii is dead

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The Wii got DESTROYED but Project Natal, It requires no controller, and looks 400x better.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
People, stop making threads. There are tons and tons of E3 threads already.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Wanna-be mods are quite the plenty this time of year.

Vendetta
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Wanna-be mods are quite the plenty this time of year.

So are forum trolls. And what exactly was the point of your 2nd post?

It really added to this discussion a whole lot

On Topic:

Personally I think motion sensing is just a fad that will eventually die much like the music genre (aka Rock Band & GH) is already starting to. I think it should stay with a fad (aka the Wii which is NOT a gaming console).

antnie
06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
The wii is a fad, NATAL is the future:)

Kairi
06-03-2009, 12:12 AM
The wii is a fad, NATAL is the future:)
^ couldn't say it any better myself. Hopefully Project NATAL does not end up as a fad. This looks pretty interesting. Can't wait for a release! :D

xXcosmomaticXx
06-03-2009, 12:15 AM
poor wii slaughtered by the 360

Norman Coxwell
06-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Have you ever played Your in the Movies? It will be EXACTLY like that. With all or even more of the same problems. Don't get your hopes up on this thing.

Chris_Krol
06-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I have always said that the wii would eventually lose its steam. Guess what Project Natal is going to put wii in the grave.

Chris_Krol

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
So are forum trolls. And what exactly was the point of your 2nd post?

It really added to this discussion a whole lot

On Topic:

Personally I think motion sensing is just a fad that will eventually die much like the music genre (aka Rock Band & GH) is already starting to. I think it should stay with a fad (aka the Wii which is NOT a gaming console). well 2nd post had nothing to do with the forum, srsly who cares there are a lot of E3 threads... its bcuz its e3 week so you'd expect E3 posts...
but to be a mod, this is a general 360 forum and this forum has to do with wiis and them becoming a 'dieing system' so it doesn't really fit...

on topic... its not dead they have sold almost twice as many systems than xbox360... they are a crappy system but still have a huge sale.... also wii fit is the most sold game of all time... a WII game...

ReaLiStiiC
06-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Wii will not die since its for a younger/family audience. So they'd still make sales since I dont think a parent would buy a 7yo kid Gears 2 of RE5
They'd buy Mario Party 100 :P

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Wii will not die since its for a younger/family audience. So they'd still make sales since I dont think a parent would buy a 7yo kid Gears OF WAR 2 [of /delete] AND RE5
They'd buy Mario Party 100 :P

but realistic has a point, parents will buy those for their kids. Lets hope they stay on the wii and not come on xbox live so i don't have to hear them sing.

v_thorne
06-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Microsoft OBLITERATED Nintendo this year, truly.

But the Wii won't die. It's cheap and great to keep little kids entertained and excercising. Nintendo is just going to have to start fully marketing to the family/younger audience now.

SynysterMonkey
06-03-2009, 03:21 AM
When was the Wii ever alive?

Denny Crane
06-03-2009, 05:13 AM
IGNORANCE

People will not buy a 360 and buy natal (doesnt matter to people who already have 360s thats not natals target audience), especially when it will ONLY have gimmick games at best. The wii may be terrible, and the entire system is a gimmick but the masses ate it up and wii will still win over casual gamers. I agree w/ an above poster who said that motion and music games are fads (fads i hate and wish would end now...... just as american idol and reality tv are trying to destroy television, motion control gimmicks and music games are trying to destroy videogaming), but sadly i think these fads have legs, and will die later rather than sooner... but we can hope...

BTW NATAL AND ITS XBOX FANBOY SUPPORTERS ARE JOKES.

Berad Jenkins
06-03-2009, 05:20 AM
I like my wii.

BRAWL ftw.

(on topic: they are getting rear-rammed these days though)

agentplatypus
06-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Wii's been dead...

MadD4mon
06-03-2009, 06:22 AM
I like my wii.

BRAWL ftw.

I'm with you, mate.

I don't think the Wii is dead yet nor does it compete with Xbox 360 or PS3 in the race for more realistic graphics or massive content. The Wii has its backdraws but I think it's still the winning console in this generation when it comes to sales numbers or how it created a whole new audience - unfortunately, an audience which is sufficiently catered with casual games hardcore gamers pretty much dislike.
So for me, Natal is just an evolution of the Wii.

CyberSh3ff
06-03-2009, 07:03 AM
i got my wii the first month it came out, ( i had my 360 too ) and i played that alot more than my 360 but now the wii doesnt interest me.

i agree with some of the posts above about how it wont die because it is for the younger and older generations and is not actually a gaming console.

but this whole Natal thing better not be built up that much and hyped about and then be crap, thats happened for a lot of stuff, and it gets people dissapointed.

NaK Quinn
06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Hmmm, Wii was hot when it came out...alot of hype. It promised something different, and something for everyone. You couldnt get a spot in line to get one, and people waited outside in the cold to see it. Then it didnt deliver.....sounds an awful lot like something going on now....wonder what?...hmmm..

Anyways, in our (GameStop's) backroom we have like 24 new Wii's and 18 used Wii's. Only 2 used 360's and about 4 new. Wii is dying.

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I still play Wii Tennis.... But seriously, Wii isn't dead.

Z3R0 S1X
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Those of you who think the Wii is dead must not keep up with the sales data of the videogame industry. Nintendo has dominated this generation of consoles and if you don't believe me look it up. As of March 31 of this year Nintendo has sold 50.39 million Wii's worldwide while Microsoft has sold 30.2 million 360's and Sony 21.3 million PS3's. The Wii dead? Please... Nintendo is back on top like they were in the 1980's and early 1990's before Sega came along. Microsoft can only hope to play catch up this go round since they had a year's head start while Sony can probably write this generation off as a learning experience. I'm not knocking the 360, I enjoy playing mine and haven't bought a Wii or PS3 (yet). But the facts speak for themselves people. Here's the Wiki link and if you check other sources, the Wiki is right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Pirate
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I still play Wii Tennis.... But seriously, Wii isn't dead.

Yeah, Tennis and Bowling are addictive :D

ZundayXx
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
It'll probably be like the Wii: Stupid, but entertaining for people that don't realise the X360/PS3 has 100x better games. ( A.K.A. Girls and Idiots )

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Those of you who think the Wii is dead must not keep up with the sales data of the videogame industry. Nintendo has dominated this generation of consoles and if you don't believe me look it up. As of March 31 of this year Nintendo has sold 50.39 million Wii's worldwide while Microsoft has sold 30.2 million 360's and Sony 21.3 million PS3's. The Wii dead? Please... Nintendo is back on top like they were in the 1980's and early 1990's before Sega came along. Microsoft can only hope to play catch up this go round since they had a year's head start while Sony can probably write this generation off as a learning experience. I'm not knocking the 360, I enjoy playing mine and haven't bought a Wii or PS3 (yet). But the facts speak for themselves people. Here's the Wiki link and if you check other sources, the Wiki is right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Pretty sure we all know this, what he was originally saying is that with the advent of the new Project Natal stuff for 360, the Wii has been beaten at its own game.

Mongolian Beef
06-03-2009, 03:13 PM
IGNORANCE

People will not buy a 360 and buy natal (doesnt matter to people who already have 360s thats not natals target audience), especially when it will ONLY have gimmick games at best. The wii may be terrible, and the entire system is a gimmick but the masses ate it up and wii will still win over casual gamers. I agree w/ an above poster who said that motion and music games are fads (fads i hate and wish would end now...... just as american idol and reality tv are trying to destroy television, motion control gimmicks and music games are trying to destroy videogaming), but sadly i think these fads have legs, and will die later rather than sooner... but we can hope...

BTW NATAL AND ITS XBOX FANBOY SUPPORTERS ARE JOKES.
Well said. The same people who want to hate on the Wii are the most excited about this gimmicky crap.

Barad
06-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Project Natal?..what the hell never heard of it!!..dw i will check it out and share my thought soon..thoug i don't ind most Wii games so we'll see..

Berad Jenkins
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
The Wii (to me, anyways) is just a different kind of console. Most of my time gaming is spent alone, therefore i find myself playing alot more 360 then Wii.

A few friends or relatives come over.. forget about the 360.. its all about Wii.

Jappe XBA
06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, what a stupid thread. You trying to get your post count up or something? Personally I think wii is not going to die, and Natal is.

Z3R0 S1X
06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Pretty sure we all know this, what he was originally saying is that with the advent of the new Project Natal stuff for 360, the Wii has been beaten at its own game.

We'll see but one thing nobody has mentioned that does count for something to the masses, not the hardcore crowd, is the selling price. The Wii is cheaper, we all know this, and people who don't look into the specs of a system probably will go by selling price before performance. I've yet to look at the E3 footage of Project Natal and so have no opinion on it but we'll see how this plays out over the coming year. Honestly, I don't see the masses flocking to the 360 the way they have the Wii in such a manner that it knocks Nintendo out of first place but the market will decide who wins this console generation.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
We'll see but one thing nobody has mentioned that does count for something to the masses, not the hardcore crowd, is the selling price. The Wii is cheaper, we all know this, and people who don't look into the specs of a system probably will go by selling price before performance. I've yet to look at the E3 footage of Project Natal and so have no opinion on it but we'll see how this plays out over the coming year. Honestly, I don't see the masses flocking to the 360 the way they have the Wii in such a manner that it knocks Nintendo out of first place but the market will decide who wins this console generation.

Let's hope they don't. We have enough retards on Xbox Live already. We don't need more 7 year olds and soccer moms.

Snowman
06-03-2009, 07:29 PM
i lol'd when the guy that presented natal tried to make his avatars foot go up and the avatar started going all of these crazy direction and scrambling all over the place

PerpetualHeaven
06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Hmmm, Wii was hot when it came out...alot of hype. It promised something different, and something for everyone. You couldnt get a spot in line to get one, and people waited outside in the cold to see it. Then it didnt deliver.....sounds an awful lot like something going on now....wonder what?...hmmm..

Anyways, in our (GameStop's) backroom we have like 24 new Wii's and 18 used Wii's. Only 2 used 360's and about 4 new. Wii is dying.

I find it interesting when people use their personal experiences as a reliable statistic to make a valid point. As I will show, your personal experience is actually just a statistical outlier. Also, I would rather see the sales numbers from your store rather than the number of physical consoles you can see with your eyeballs. Either way, the statistics I show prove what you're currently saying is "wrong."

If you take a gander at statistics currently, the Wii is almost selling double of what the 360 is. The same rings true for software. If you don't believe me, check VG Chartz. If that isn't "credible" for you, here is something that is credible:

Feb 09 sales:
Xbox 360 - 391,000
Wii - 753,000

Mar 09 sales:
Xbox 360 - 330,000
Wii - 601,000

Also, the DS consistently sells more than the 360 around 200,000 or so consoles. Click here for source (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3429)

April 09 sales:
Xbox 360 - 175,000
Wii - 340,000

Click here for source (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174231)

I would provide May statistics if there were any, but I couldn't find any. Regardless, I think I've made my point.

ZundayXx
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Well heres what i think.
Wii: For the little ones and the people that don't really care about gaming, just fun.
So basically its for all the kids and girl and woman and stuff, so that generally sells more.
Xbox: For the hardcore gamer. And theyre are a lot less hardcore gamers then there are from the above.
+ Wii is cheaper.

ClassifiedSnipa
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Wow, what a stupid thread. You trying to get your post count up or something? Personally I think wii is not going to die, and Natal is.
Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it stupid.

Well said. The same people who want to hate on the Wii are the most excited about this gimmicky crap.I'm not going to be buying Natal. If I was a casual gamer and wanted motion sensing, I would have bought a Wii. You can't ignore the fact the Wii just took a huge blow from Microsoft, and I will not be surprised if the Wii loses a big chunk of their sales.

The Wii (to me, anyways) is just a different kind of console. Most of my time gaming is spent alone, therefore i find myself playing alot more 360 then Wii.

A few friends or relatives come over.. forget about the 360.. its all about Wii. Exactly. Most of gaming is by yourself. Sure, you might have a friend over every weekend for some gaming, which the Wii is great for (family fun), but overall, if you want to be gaming more than once a week, the 360 or PS3 are the obvious choice.

Well heres what i think.
Wii: For the little ones and the people that don't really care about gaming, just fun.
So basically its for all the kids and girl and woman and stuff, so that generally sells more.
Xbox: For the hardcore gamer. And theyre are a lot less hardcore gamers then there are from the above.
+ Wii is cheaper. Again, exactly. You don't see someone who plays Call of Duty or Halo 3 playing a Wii, it's the girls/young children/older people that play it. I'm personally a hardcore gamer, and willing admit I play it quite a bit, but if I had a choice to play the Wii or the 360/PS3, I wouldn't even second guess about playing the latter.

And to those who said "The Wii will not die" Yes it will. Sony and Microsoft has released absolutely STUNNING new motion sensing hardware. Tell me this, would you rather play Project Natal, which is 50000000x more advanced than the Wii, or the Wii, with the hassle of putting on a controller and taking it off every time you want to play/stop playing. You don't even need a controller with PN, it has voice recognition and motion sensing.

Phew, that was quite the response.

PerpetualHeaven
06-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok, neither of you are hardcore gamers and the Xbox 360 isn't for "hardcore gamers". My nipples get twisted when people call themselves "hardcore gamers." A lot of casual gamers play the Xbox console. A lot of people who aren't "hardcore" play Xbox. So shut up with the Wii being for little girls, women, etc. Plenty of "hardcore gamers" own the Wii. Tons of people own the wii. People from all walks of life own the Wii. Spare me this excuse bullshit of reasons why the Xbox is selling less. The Xbox doesn't appeal to everyone and it doesn't only appeal to hardcore gamers. The majority of people who play 360 are casual gamers. Do I think I'm casual or hardcore? I don't care what I am. I play video games. What's with the titles? Do you feel comfort in being put into some obscure category that really means nothing?

kevinbeck12713
06-04-2009, 02:24 AM
The Wii wasn't killed by any system, the wii was a miscarrage, Dead before it was even born.

B1GM13
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
what a bunch of crap,

at e3 when Nintendo unvieled the 'revolution' as it was back then Microsoft fanboys pissed there selves at the idea of it and 'instantly hated it' and thought it was crap and thought it would fail, fast foward 4 years and Nintendo Wii is the fastest selling console and close to catching PS2 sales records. welcome project Natal which blatently has taken the Ideas from the Wii, re-boxed it with a different sensor bar which can scan objects and the xb0ts are creaming there fucking boxers...

from 31st December Wii was on 44million sold compared to 28.5million 360's (which had a good year headstart on the wii) and 21million ps3's (Source -http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?page_id=3292)

the Wii is dying? far from it, despite a lackluster showing at this years e3, New Super Mario Bro's, Metroid and Wii Fit + will still sell by the bucket load, and not just to the casual consumer. Metroid and Mario will be lapped up by hardcore fans (myself included)

grrr... ignorance

Z3R0 S1X
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
The Wii wasn't killed by any system, the wii was a miscarrage, Dead before it was even born.
Do us all a favor here and think before you post, ok? As it has already been mentioned by myself and others, the Wii has OWNED the 360 and PS3 both in hardware and software sales for two very good reasons. One, it appeals to the masses and the hardcore. Two, its cheaper than the 360 and PS3. Many gamers probably don't know this, but Sony and Microsoft actually lose money on every system they sale. They bank on making up the difference and turning a profit on games. Microsoft didn't even turn a profit on the X Box division until Halo 3 came out (hate that game all you want but it was a system seller). Think about that for a moment; Microsoft sold the first X Box and never made money on it and the 360 was out for two years before they turned a profit on it. But Nintendo has never sold a system at a loss from the NES to the Wii and has always made money even at the expense of losing valuable market share (Gamecube vs. PS2 anyone?). The Wii was, and still is, a brilliant idea. Face it, Nintendo has won this console generation just as Sony won the last generation. Maybe next generation Microsoft will win, but time will tell.

B1GM13
06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Well heres what i think.
+ Wii is cheaper.

Hardcore Gamer???? Most REAL Hardcore gamers will tell you that Nintendo made and still make some of the most important games to grace our consoles.

Wii for the kids and girl and woman and stuff???? I cant deny this generation Nintendo has shifted its target audience, but come on it's still one hell of a console for REAL hardcore gamers... Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bro's Brawl.... any 'hardcore gamer' would and should welcome these titles into they're game collection. Where do you think Final Fantasy and Metal Gear started their glorious lifespans... cause it wasnt the playstation or xbox thats for damn sure.

to really be a true hardcore gamer you can keep you aligenance to one console, cause there are so many incredible games to grace all consoles / systems.

to be a right hypocrite though, i will go as far to say that i think Nintendo are the fucking Gods of gaming, i love the games they make, call me a kid, call me a casual gamer. Im 22 years old and own every console made excluding a Megadrive and PS3... so i think have a right to have a preference to which company i like, end of the day they all got my money at some point

[/rant]

Pantera Opeth
06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
what a bunch of crap,

at e3 when Nintendo unvieled the 'revolution' as it was back then Microsoft fanboys pissed there selves at the idea of it and 'instantly hated it' and thought it was crap and thought it would fail, fast foward 4 years and Nintendo Wii is the fastest selling console and close to catching PS2 sales records. welcome project Natal which blatently has taken the Ideas from the Wii, re-boxed it with a different sensor bar which can scan objects and the xb0ts are creaming there fucking boxers...

from 31st December Wii was on 44million sold compared to 28.5million 360's (which had a good year headstart on the wii) and 21million ps3's (Source -http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?page_id=3292)

the Wii is dying? far from it, despite a lackluster showing at this years e3, New Super Mario Bro's, Metroid and Wii Fit + will still sell by the bucket load, and not just to the casual consumer. Metroid and Mario will be lapped up by hardcore fans (myself included)

grrr... ignorance These senseless posts are why I try not to say anything on forums and just lurk in the background shaking my head (115 posts in over 3 years of coming here).

Ignoring everything else that's said there, I just want to say one thing. When the Wii was first announced I was excited as hell about it. The thought of any motion sensing blah blah blah was a great idea, until I actually played it and couldn't stand the fact that the pointer shuffled all over the place because I cannot hold my hand being completely still, just navigating the menu was hard enough. Now with "Project Natal" and not having to use a controller, watching the video where they're just waving their hands around to navigate the menu easily, and supposedly having facial and voice recognition, I think some people should be allowed to "Cream their boxers".

B1GM13
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
These senseless posts are why I try not to say anything on forums and just lurk in the background shaking my head (115 posts in over 3 years of coming here).

Ignoring everything else that's said there, I just want to say one thing. When the Wii was first announced I was excited as hell about it. The thought of any motion sensing blah blah blah was a great idea, until I actually played it and couldn't stand the fact that the pointer shuffled all over the place because I cannot hold my hand being completely still, just navigating the menu was hard enough. Now with "Project Natal" and not having to use a controller, watching the video where they're just waving their hands around to navigate the menu easily, and supposedly having facial and voice recognition, I think some people should be allowed to "Cream their boxers".

senseless.... far from it, you may be an exception to my post, but there are / where alot of xbox fans who had many things to say about the Wii/Nintendo and mocked them hard and predicted the downfall of Nintendo due to the new 'gimmick' if you will.
I personally just find it highly amusing how that gimmick is now being implemented across the board to all console manufacturers and how said xbox fans who had so much to say about how crap the idea was are now avid believers and fans of the idea.

makes me wonder what gamers and fans would say if it was the other way around and Microsoft threw this idea out 4 years ago and Nintendo had jumped onto the band wagon now.

gatorbait
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Have you ever played Your in the Movies? It will be EXACTLY like that. With all or even more of the same problems. Don't get your hopes up on this thing.
As much as I had the same thoughts while watching the footage of NATAL, I think the technology behind the motion sensing is far superior to the vision camera. The camera was very limited and I think You're in the Movies seems like a game that might have been better received with the proper technology. I still think the whole thing seems too gimicky for my likings but we'll see what they do with it. I have no problem with controllers although they made it out to be like controllers were holding video games back. Natal definitely has my attention but we'll where it goes post-E3 and when it launches.

PlugInBaby
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow, this threads comments only furthers my belief that its trendy to hate the wii.

Vita Ante Acta
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok, so the Wii dies. Nintendo then makes another system THAT GODDAM PRINTS MONEY.

http://www.lescale.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ds-it-prints-money490.jpg

kevinbeck12713
06-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Do us all a favor here and think before you post, ok? As it has already been mentioned by myself and others, the Wii has OWNED the 360 and PS3 both in hardware and software sales for two very good reasons. One, it appeals to the masses and the hardcore. Two, its cheaper than the 360 and PS3. Many gamers probably don't know this, but Sony and Microsoft actually lose money on every system they sale. They bank on making up the difference and turning a profit on games. Microsoft didn't even turn a profit on the X Box division until Halo 3 came out (hate that game all you want but it was a system seller). Think about that for a moment; Microsoft sold the first X Box and never made money on it and the 360 was out for two years before they turned a profit on it. But Nintendo has never sold a system at a loss from the NES to the Wii and has always made money even at the expense of losing valuable market share (Gamecube vs. PS2 anyone?). The Wii was, and still is, a brilliant idea. Face it, Nintendo has won this console generation just as Sony won the last generation. Maybe next generation Microsoft will win, but time will tell.

Save it. I realize the wii sold more, I was voicing my oponion on the wii, as in its dead to me, and I think everything about it is too gimicky to be considered serious. (exception was Mario Galaxy, I loved that game). I'm not stupid, its popular, everybody i know has one. Hell its even sitting in my brothers room right now. I just hate it.

EDIT: Nor do I want this stupid Natal either. Motion sensor is cool, but theres no way it can produce anything I will seriously value. I'm not bashing Nintendo, I have almost every system the've produced which I still play to this day.