PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for Road Maps

L0cke89
06-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Hey there everybody,

I really like the Road Maps, because I can see in about 2-3 minutes how hard the achievements are and what I have to do. But there is one aspect missing in my opinion. I'm the type that just wants to get over 50% or a specific number of Gs from each game. So I would love to know how many achievement points I get from just beating the game and doding nothing special (I really hate collecting stuff and play some parts or even the damn game over and over again)

So I want to know: Can I just rent it, play it once without really looking at a guide and still getting a good score.

What do you guys think about it?

The Pants Party
06-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Eh, I'm not really sure that should be part of the road map. The entire purpose of the road map is to give the quickest, most efficient way of getting ALL the achievements. It seems counter-productive to include information completely to the contrary that says "if you ignore this road map and the guide below it, you can get X amount of points."

I'd say just ask on the forums if you want that info.

ChrisDeston
06-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I know what you mean, but essentially that's the "Time" part of it. Though annoying doing the collectables achieves, that's what I use this site for most. The road maps tell you how long it'll take to 100%. Base your rental decision on that imo.

Gotta agree with The Pants Party. Sorry man

kaleido42
06-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Pretty well have to agree with everything said up to this point, besides, most games that have collectables can be figured out by just looking at the achievement list. (I don't think I worded that to well:confused:)

L0cke89
06-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Ok, let me explain in a different way.

For example, L4D has a 9/10 in the road map, so I assume it's really difficult to 1k. But how many points can I get without any problem. And in L4D, you can get 600+ without real effort. So I want that we could add something like that. Maybe not for the really really easy ones, but for games like L4D. If I see a 7 or higher I normally pass, if I'm not interested in the game (like DOAX or Virtua Fighter)

But sometimes, even if I suck at the game I can get over 500 without trying hard. And that is something I would love to see in a road map.

You could also exclude every achievement that is hard or takes very long. So in the case of Afro Samurai, you can get 600+ without playing the game twice. And you have to play it at least twice to get over 700. But very often I don't want to play a game more than once.

I know this seems confusing, but it's just something I would love to see. Just because the difficulty is often misleading (Like L4D) on how much I can get without ripping out my hair or play the same level 20 times or boost 20 hours.

kaleido42
06-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I think that if this ever has to be brought up that it would most likely just be included in the conclusion or something. The other problem with this is that it would be very opinionated on how much you can get without troubles.

L0cke89
06-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I know that it's not easy. That's why it's only a suggestion that came to my mind while reading the road maps ;)

kaleido42
06-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I suppose you could wait for another comment from a mod but know The Pants Party if he shuts something down once and people continue to post he will just close it the next time he comes by. :locked