PDA

View Full Version : Does Rejecting a Friend Request Notify the Rejected Person?

warrscott
06-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Hey Everybody,

Here's the deal -- I knew this guy in person for a bit who sent me a friend request on Xbox Live. I don't keep a lot of friends on Live; that's personal to me, and I don't like people I don't know very well knowing everything I'm doing whenever I have my 360 on. At the same time, I don't want to hurt the guy's feelings, so I've just been ignoring the request, which is still sitting in my message box.

Now that I don't see the person that much anymore, I'd like to reject/delete the friend request -- but if I do, will Xbox Live notify him that he's been rejected? Even though I don't see the guy anymore, I still don't want to hurt his feelings... So does rejecting a friend request notify the other person, or will it just appear like I never replied to it?

WS

dillon
06-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Hey Everybody,

Here's the deal -- I knew this guy in person for a bit who sent me a friend request on Xbox Live. I don't keep a lot of friends on Live; that's personal to me, and I don't like people I don't know very well knowing everything I'm doing whenever I have my 360 on. At the same time, I don't want to hurt the guy's feelings, so I've just been ignoring the request, which is still sitting in my message box.

Now that I don't see the person that much anymore, I'd like to reject/delete the friend request -- but if I do, will Xbox Live notify him that he's been rejected? Even though I don't see the guy anymore, I still don't want to hurt his feelings... So does rejecting a friend request notify the other person, or will it just appear like I never replied to it?

WS

It does not notify the other person, all it does is remove the request from his friends list.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-03-2009, 05:29 AM
i doubt that it'll notify him if you reject it. but he'll probably notice. especially if its been pending for a while, then just disappears and you're not on his friends list.

Asian47
06-03-2009, 05:59 AM
It doesn't notify the person directly, but your friend request that's pending on their friend's list will disappear, so he will probably notice if you do.

If you don't want to be friend's with someone, you shouldn't let his feeling decide for you. It's very kind of you to worry about someone else, don't let your decision put you in a bind. If you don't want to play with someone, than don't.

Pheonix_Assassin
06-03-2009, 10:42 AM
It does not notify the other person, all it does is remove the request from his friends list.

Could not put it any better myself =]

Dragon's Heart
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
If you keep ignoring it it will delete on its own, just like all your other messages eventually do...Maybe if you leave it like this he will just think you never got the message, or don't get on live very much anymore...

Asariel
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Just tell him. I'm the same with my friends list and remove a lot of folk periodically I don't know personally or rarely play with and most are fine with it. One or two admittedly take it the wrong way and see you as some sort of git though, their problem, not yours. I think just rejecting and ignoring them is more liable to frustrate than an explanation though.

JrdRIOT
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
tell him your friends list is full with people you game with alot?

or just call him a faggot and tell him to piss off..

Cheezbrgr
06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
or just call him a faggot and tell him to piss off..

Hahahahahahahaha imagine doing that to 40 people at once with mass-removals

EvilestBean
06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Nope it doesnt notify him.

Barad
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
No sir it does not! :)