PDA

View Full Version : dose this annoy anyone else?

Sixthbrick
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
hey , now i like to buy and download stuff from xbox live, i love downloading new content for games as much as th enext guy, but i hat eit when they bring out a new map or add on for a game and even if i buy it or not they still count the gamerpoints you can get on the new map/content to my own gamerscore for that game

example,i have 1000g's on oblivion right, shivering isle came out and has 250g's to get on it, and even if i dont buy it it gets added to my gamerpoints as "locked",

and i havnt bought ANY of the halo3 maps so thats another 750G's been added even if i get 1000G on halo3

its like "buy this or you wont be 100% on that game you allready did that on"

i dunno mabey it shouldnt be added untill you buy it

Captain Fantasm
06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
But then people like yourself wouldn't buy it for that exact reason. It puts the temptation there.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
But then people like yourself wouldn't buy it for that exact reason. It puts the temptation there.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Sixthbrick
06-03-2009, 10:05 AM
i would buy it if it was something i would really want to play, like the mirrors edge DLC, i really want that so i will buy it, i havnt played oblivion in ages so iam not gonna rush to get shivering isle anytime soon but i still have thos locked achievements for a game i didnt play,
i know its suposed to be to lure you to get them but if i wanted it i would get it

Dragon's Heart
06-03-2009, 10:31 AM
hey , now i like to buy and download stuff from xbox live, i love downloading new content for games as much as th enext guy, but i hat eit when they bring out a new map or add on for a game and even if i buy it or not they still count the gamerpoints you can get on the new map/content to my own gamerscore for that game

example,i have 1000g's on oblivion right, shivering isle came out and has 250g's to get on it, and even if i dont buy it it gets added to my gamerpoints as "locked",

and i havnt bought ANY of the halo3 maps so thats another 750G's been added even if i get 1000G on halo3

its like "buy this or you wont be 100% on that game you allready did that on"

i dunno mabey it shouldnt be added untill you buy it

I have always thought the same thing...The points should be added when you purchase the content, not to make you purchase it...Especially when there are a lot of games out there that just plain suck and its already bad enough having the regular points stuck on your account when you ended up not liking a game, but to add more to something that you don't ever plan on playing again, all it does is fuck you completion up...Ones that I can think of on my account: Halo 3, I hate Halo, the only reason it is even on my account is because I told a friend they could use my account cause they didn't have live and wanted to play with my fiance. GTA IV, also don't like I'd delete it if it wasn't for the stupid off the boat ach. The other ones on my account don't bother me so much cause I actually play those games, but they still shouldn't add the new achs. automatically...

vv uk garf vv
06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
agree they shouldn't be added till you buy em.

but tbh this topic has been covered quite a few times before.

Tenacious
06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Don't FIFA's achievements not add until you buy Ultimate Team? I haven't found them on my achievement list, it only shows the original 48.

Revolver
06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
It does become annoying.
I have been through that same issue, I bought some DLC for Fallout 3 simply because the achievements are going to screw up my gamerscore so I felt obliged to buy the DLC.
I doubt I will even play the extra content since I am ready to send this game flying out the window for being so glitchy.:mad:

CaptainSpanner
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
this does annoy me as i 100% skate 2 a few days ago and it says i havent because i dont have the DLC bought yet.

it should be added on when you actually purchase the game.

Poida
06-03-2009, 02:24 PM
If you dont rely on achievements or play just for achievements to enjoy your gaming you wouldnt have these issues with this stuff.

Sixthbrick
06-03-2009, 02:29 PM
If you dont rely on achievements or play just for achievements to enjoy your gaming you wouldnt have these issues with this stuff.

but if you like getting achievements (as we do) then this IS a pain in the neck

Vita Ante Acta
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
That's pretty much the whole point of DLC, to make you play the game more

ToXiCRalN
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm not really a game completionist so I wouldn't care.

Sixthbrick
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
if i wanted it i would buy it, if i dont wanna play the game anymore thats down to me, i just dont want the locked achievements that come along with the DLC even if i havnt bought it!,

Barad
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
a bit gay if the achievemnts don't add till you get them really..

Glowin Smurff
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
and it will never change.

Mr Burgerz
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Still, we can hope for change! There should be separating barriers for the achievements, like each expansion is listed as a sub-game sortof thing?

Glowin Smurff
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
it's a server side issue w/ Microsoft, so you'd really have to complain to them, and even then it's not likely anything will get done because 'it mess's up your 100% completion'

iKiddo
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Then completion would mean .. Nothing.
Man up and get the full 100% or not that choice is yours.

bobocum
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
TLAD didn't get added to GTA4 till I bought it.

CyanideBreathMint
06-04-2009, 01:49 AM
It's basic business. Example:

You're the owner of a video game company that sells your game to the masses. Your company makes no profit once the little Jimmys of the world sells it to someone else.

What do you do now? You offer out DLC on the marketplace of Live! so the little Jimmys out there aren't inclined to sell off their game so quickly whilst your company continues to rake in profits from the same game.

It's a practice adopted by almost every developer/publisher in the business now and will continue to grow in the future. I'd bet by simple sales figures that you're in the minority that are against this tactic. In fact without even knowing the numbers I know you're wrong, otherwise you simply wouldn't see DLC offered on Xbox Live! because consumers vote with their wallets.

Dz06lt
06-04-2009, 02:06 AM
this isnt a real big issue for me id rather this happen than have stupid multiplayer ach's

Thegreatest7884
06-04-2009, 02:38 AM
I have the same dilemma with RE5. I almost have the original 1000, but I know that once I get it I'll have to buy the Versus to get 100%.

KNUCKS x360a
06-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Yes, it dose annoy me too, i hat eit aswell TBH. i didnt know there was allready a thread on this mabey i havnt scene it

What?!?!?....

:p

Dragon's Heart
06-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Yes, it dose annoy me too, i hat eit aswell TBH. i didnt know there was allready a thread on this mabey i havnt scene it

What?!?!?....

:p

Good 2 know that I wasn't the only one thinking this ;)

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-04-2009, 03:48 AM
It's a good reason to just worry about your GS instead of percentages.

FoxRacing1234
06-04-2009, 05:51 AM
It doesn't annoy me enough to get me to buy the add-on for certain games but it does aggravate me that even if I haven't played the game in a long time, or have any intention to, the points still get added on. I wish there was an option. Just killing my percentage.

Glowin Smurff
06-04-2009, 06:56 AM
it's easier for MS to just add it across the server not worry about who has it or not, they don't really give a shit about your percentage anyway....not trying to be mean, but they don't.