PDA

View Full Version : Help !

cloud 2395
06-03-2009, 02:34 PM
hey guys can anyone tell me what is happening to my xbox ?
i cant connect xbox live anymore and i run a test and theres the red X between internet and xbox live, i put more info and it tells me i dont have enough MTU to connect :S .
I have done a lot of things trying to repair this and nothing seems to work ..
i have open NAT, port-forward,connect directly to my modem, connect through a laptop, changed my MTU manually at 192.168.1.1 and nothing seems to work.
Please help i am pissed since the last time i connected was three days ago withput a problem.

My normal setup is like XBOX----->wireless router------>modem
but i have tried to connect directly to the modem and the problem persist :/

MadD4mon
06-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Does the modem (whichever you use O.o) recognize the Xbox in the network? Have you changed your LAN cable?

cloud 2395
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Does the modem (whichever you use O.o) recognize the Xbox in the network? Have you changed your LAN cable?

I have been using the original xbox ethernet cable that came in in the box and i already tried using my computer one and nothing works
Thanks for replying

Berad Jenkins
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
My only suggestion would be to try resetting the router and the modem in the proper manner. (i.e. take the power cords out of both, wait about 30 seconds then connect the modem first, then once that is FULLY syncced up and ready to go plug back in your router)

Hope this maybe helps (sorry if it does not)

Perhaps a call to your ISP is in order. Sometimes(<--- emphasis on that word right there) those guys can be rather helpful.

cloud 2395
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
My only suggestion would be to try resetting the router and the modem in the proper manner. (i.e. take the power cords out of both, wait about 30 seconds then connect the modem first, then once that is FULLY syncced up and ready to go plug back in your router)

Hope this maybe helps (sorry if it does not)

Perhaps a call to your ISP is in order. Sometimes(<--- emphasis on that word right there) those guys can be rather helpful.

I have already power-cycling in the "proper manner".
I think ill have to call my ISP, the only thing now working properly is my xbox, i have a pc and like three laptops (sister, and parents) and everyone hasnt complained about the internet .