PDA

View Full Version : FAQs

Pure Efficiency
06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
In this thread I will answer all questions about Fuel that you may have. Ask away.

Barad
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
is this game crap??..dw I'm only joking!! ;) lol I know, that questions been answered a million times around here..but seriously would you say this is worth a brand new buy for 40? cuz I'm planning on buying this for that price some time after this comes out over here..:)

Strike xX
06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm about to go pick up my pre order for this game in a little while. Is it good? I have a thought of just canceling the pre order and getting my money back for something different. I'm not sure

Pure Efficiency
06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I honestly think it should be a rental or just wait till the price drops. The game is alright but it's frustrating. It's also not an easy 1000 by any means.

blitz7287
06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Does anybody know where the best place to get the newton was right after all achievement. (fall 150m)

Barad
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
thx but i think ill probably give this a buy..it is quite a long experiance isnt it?

blitz7287
06-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah the game is massive. :)

Pure Efficiency
06-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Does anybody know where the best place to get the newton was right after all achievement. (fall 150m)
I think there's a thread about this but I'll answer it anyways.
There's a big bridge close to the second camp I think. In the middle of it is a ramp slow down before you hit the ramp so you'll fall straight down. Cheevo unlocked.

Atheist Assassin
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
For the Hello, world achievement and the similar ones where you have to travel from one camp to another. Can you switch vehicles mid way through by pressing start or do you have to do it with one vehicle?

TwistedFate
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
For the Hello, world achievement and the similar ones where you have to travel from one camp to another. Can you switch vehicles mid way through by pressing start or do you have to do it with one vehicle?

You can switch vehicles.

Atheist Assassin
06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
ok thanks. I guess that will speed things up a little.

djm
06-06-2009, 08:46 AM
What are those truckj we find running on the map for? I read something about special camps to unlock more vehicles.

TwistedFate
06-06-2009, 01:09 PM
What are those truckj we find running on the map for? I read something about special camps to unlock more vehicles.

The Doppler trucks reveal the locations of Vista's, Liveries, and Challenges. One truck each.

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 01:52 PM
The Doppler trucks reveal the locations of Vista's, Liveries, and Challenges. One truck each.
I've got a question now: Do doppler trucks automatically show up on your map when you unlock a new camp or do you have to win races there first?

TwistedFate
06-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I've got a question now: Do doppler trucks automatically show up on your map when you unlock a new camp or do you have to win races there first?

You have to win races. Winning a race can make one of 4 vehicles appear. A Vista Doppler truck, a Livery Doppler truck, a Challenge Doppler truck, or a Maverick vehicle. On the map, Vista trucks are a green arrow, Livery trucks are blue, Challenge trucks are red, and Mavericks are purple. Go crash into them to collect them.

Note that these trucks are in addition to any gear or vehicles you win in the race.

xV II Z II O Nx
06-06-2009, 09:54 PM
how do you swim???

Pure Efficiency
06-07-2009, 06:40 AM
how do you swim???
I've heard that if you go into the water while on a bike or quad you can do a swim type glitch if you hold x while the game respawns you.

xV II Z II O Nx
06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I've heard that if you go into the water while on a bike or quad you can do a swim type glitch if you hold x while the game respawns you. Haha..... right....

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Haha..... right....
No dude I'm like uber serious right now.

xV II Z II O Nx
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
im serious too i want a swim suit for fuel

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
im serious too i want a swim suit for fuel
Suimsuit dlc is on the way lol.

xV II Z II O Nx
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
i cant wait to take a swim in dead ladys lake YESS!!!

InWaiting
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
How do we get more cars????:confused:. I have bought all the ones in the start menu from the beginning, but how do i get more? I got $20,000 to burn!!! lol

TwistedFate
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
How do we get more cars????:confused:. I have bought all the ones in the start menu from the beginning, but how do i get more? I got $20,000 to burn!!! lol

More cars will become available as you progress through the game.

InWaiting
06-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh so its only through career? Cuz I have only been free roaming! lol

TwistedFate
06-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh so its only through career? Cuz I have only been free roaming! lol It is a racing game, after all, not a free-roaming game. ;)

InWaiting
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
lol, yea I know. I'm getting to that. Your talking to a guy who has passed dirt, forza 2, most wanted, and motorstorm. And thats only talking bout the new generation of consols. ;)..............but if you see my other posts, i did find GRID & midnight club LA very hard!!!

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Winning races will unlock more cars for purchase. You can only purchase 49 total cars. The rest are unlockables.

InWaiting
06-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Cool, thanks again man!

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Cool, thanks again man!
Not a problem my man, as I've said before it's what I do.

CraigChaotic
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I cant get the Hello,World achievement.
I have done it twice now and no achievement!
I drive from Offshore Shack Camp get to & enter Tsunami Reef Camp beside the crashed tanker it loads the menu but no achievement.
I do crash alot & change my car does this matter?
Can you do this in Offline free roam or Online free roam?
Do you need to specificly enter Offline/Online free roam?
all i have been doing is going to Offshore Shack Camp and pressing (B) to leave then driving to Tsunami Reef Camp.
Is this a Glitch?

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I cant get the Hello,World achievement.
I have done it twice now and no achievement!
I drive from Offshore Shack Camp get to & enter Tsunami Reef Camp beside the crashed tanker it loads the menu but no achievement.
I do crash alot & change my car does this matter?
Can you do this in Offline free roam or Online free roam?
Do you need to specificly enter Offline/Online free roam?
all i have been doing is going to Offshore Shack Camp and pressing (B) to leave then driving to Tsunami Reef Camp.
Is this a Glitch?
Sounds like you've got a glitch. That sucks. Online free ride and offline work for it. It doesn't matter how many times you change cars. Plain and simple you should have it by now but the game hates you.

CraigChaotic
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Just tryed it again for the third time & to no avail it just wont Unlock.
I thought the reviews of this game were wrong but now i totally agree with them.
There are alot of horrible achievements & glitches in this game not to mention the AI!
With all that said im sorry i even botherd to buy this waste of space.
Il be swapping this in after i get prototype.

Kologa
06-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Just tryed it again for the third time & to no avail it just wont Unlock.
I thought the reviews of this game were wrong but now i totally agree with them.
There are alot of horrible achievements & glitches in this game not to mention the AI!
With all that said im sorry i even botherd to buy this waste of space.
Il be swapping this in after i get prototype.

Firstly horrible achievements? If you bought this game for achievements you might want to rethink why you play video games. As for glitches there is remarkably few of them considering the scope of the game. I have encountered I think 2 both of which escape me as they were nothing significant.

As for the AI I totally agree lol, The AI is a joke in this game If anything should be changed the AI should be it.

Pure Efficiency
06-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Firstly horrible achievements? If you bought this game for achievements you might want to rethink why you play video games. As for glitches there is remarkably few of them considering the scope of the game. I have encountered I think 2 both of which escape me as they were nothing significant.

As for the AI I totally agree lol, The AI is a joke in this game If anything should be changed the AI should be it.
I'm going to have to agree with the achievements. This is not the game to get if you're looking for a quick 1000. It'll probably take you 60+ hours to get all of everything.