PDA

View Full Version : Got my 360 back but. . . . .

Jethrow
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
so as i've said on other threads this is my 6th 360 in just over 3 years. Only thing with this one, even though i'm over my warranty, they covered my machine for the rrod. Anyways, with this machine, i've gotten my machine back in 4 days, usually it takes 3 weeks. And this machine has the stickers covering the dvd door and the ir eye. The sticker under the faceplate is totally different than the generic MICROSOFT this actually has a picture of the 360 logo and is large square size. And finally the sticker on the back says Service Date: May 18, 2009.

Do you guys think i got a new machine? Because you can see that a video cord has been put in it a few times by the scratches on the back, but the machine is sooooo quiet its sweet. I sent my machine out on the 31 and just got it back today. Do you think that the x-clamps are off or what do you all think.?? thanks

T SPARR
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
It sounds like they gave you a completely new machine, but I'm not exactly a Microsoft executive so I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about.

Glowin Smurff
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
my replacements had the stickers covering the chrome, the new warranty sticker is just that a new warranty sticker, you got a refurb.

Coadster1
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
lol, I've had 1 for 4 years.

InsaneKiller911
06-03-2009, 09:57 PM
if you have gone through 6 xbox's in 3 years then either your doing something wrong or you just have really bad luck... i've only had 1 problem with my xbox and that was the dvd drive.

Exhausted Dad
06-03-2009, 11:03 PM
It should still have the manufacture date on the back right? BTW on my 4th and the last 2 I've took better care of than my kids (Sorry kids). Its weird though I have a guy on my FR list from Canada and he said none of his friends have theirs fixed so who knows. But yet I know alot of people around here that have went through multiple consoles, mostly disc drive errors. Thats why I got an elite so I can install whatever games I'm playing at the moment, it runs so much cooler and quieter.

Jethrow
06-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Well insanekiller, all i can say is i play my game here and there, i allow plenty of airflow, i've not done anything wrong to my machine, except play it. I don't even use it as a dvd player.

Exhausted dad, i'm going to take the advice you've given me in the pm. Heres a pic of the back of the machine i just got today. All my other replacements were the same except this one, for instance, the machine i just sent back had the manufacture date: July 14, 2006. I dunno, even the faceplate has aluminum to hold the usb door, none of mine had that before. I hope she lasts thats all i have to say. the pic shows no manufacture date, only service date, odd?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e49/Jethrow911/IMG_824edit7.jpg

and under the faceplate
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e49/Jethrow911/IMG_8249.jpg

Dragon's Heart
06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I got a different console like this when I sent mine in too...I know it wasn't the same console because mine had a broken cover on the usb drive and somes dings and a small crack on the casing from the hard drive...They had my console for one day and they sent it back to me...I'm thinking they are just refurbs though since all they have are a service date and not manufacture date...It works, that's all that matters to me...

InsaneKiller911
06-04-2009, 12:14 AM
then you must have really bad luck if you don't use it that much. my xbox is on constantly and it sometimes gets pretty hot in my room so im surprised it hasnt melted yet. but my fans sound like they are doing more work since they are a lot louder then my brothers

martnic
06-04-2009, 08:16 AM
if you have gone through 6 xbox's in 3 years then either your doing something wrong or you just have really bad luck... i've only had 1 problem with my xbox and that was the dvd drive.

You lucky man!!!

I've personally gone through about 11 or twelve (sort of lost count around ten) since the 360 was released.
It sounds a lot but i actually own 3 360's. One for me, one for my son and a spare, so it's not that bad really.