PDA

View Full Version : A Helpful Yatta Strategy

LausDomini
06-04-2009, 12:15 AM
If you don't wish to leave the Yatta achievement up to luck, here is the method I used to get the achievement in about half an hour. It involves building a simple 4X-Combo. Save and reload throughout to avoid mistakes.

The aim is to construct pieces on the right side of the screen so that the diagram looks something like this (B=Blue, R=Red, G=Green, P=Purple, Y=Yellow, X=Anything, []=Open/Blank)

[]BX
[]RX
[]PX
GGG
PPP
RRR
BBB

In this example, all you need now is to drop a green onto GGG and you have a 4-X combo. Save as soon as you do this and if it doesn't earn automatic victory, you'll at least be very close.

Practically speaking, as soon as the game starts look for a double such as BB or YY. Throw pieces off to the left and hopefully within the first few pieces is a double. Rotate it horizontally. Let's say you've got a YY.
Now you can use the next YX piece vertically to build

X
YYY

Let's say X is purple, so

P
YYY

Now look for a double purple and drop all others on the left.

PPP
YYY

Alternatively, you may notice if you aren't getting PP that perhaps you are getting a couple PY's. You could drop them vertically to build

[]YY
PPP
YYY

So following this pattern you may end up with

B
YYY
PPP
YYY

BBB
YYY
PPP
YYY

(now looking for any Y for the center column b/c Y is third row)

[]YG
BBB
YYY
PPP
YYY

(any P for the center b/c P is second row)

[]PR
[]YG
BBB
YYY
PPP
YYY

(any Y for the center b/c Y is first row)

[]YP
[]PR
[]YG
BBB
YYY
PPP
YYY

(any B for the BBB)

[]YP
GPR
BYG
BBB
YYY
PPP
YYY

Neverender
01-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Just got the achievement doing this. Took me a few tries (luckily I saved after every row), but worked great! Thanks for posting it!

specVjavi
01-14-2010, 02:32 AM
ill have to give this a shot. This achievement is being very elusive at the moment.

chriscutis
02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Thank you! Thank you so very much for this! You helped me finally 1000 this effin game! I ended up with Red Purple Red Blue, but isss all good. Thanks again! This method really works, especially with the rolling saves strategy.

Captian_Canada
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Will have to give this a go and see what happens I hate this damn achievement it sucks balls