PDA

View Full Version : Barry zito?????

Cause
12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Barry Zito signs with the SF giants for 7 year 126 million dollar deal. Not to be mean but seriously is there any picture in the game worth that????

W1ZDOM
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Zito will be missed in Oakland! Good luck in SF Barry!

Vergil85
12-28-2006, 06:23 PM
If Zito did sign with the gnats I for one am really freaking happy that my A's didn't re-sign him for that much. The deal we gave Loaiza last year makes more and more sense because Beane knew the amount money people were gonna ask for this off-season. Looks like his statement of "I want to win championships" doesn't apply since over half the team will be on pension in a few years anyway.

RadicalSniper99
12-28-2006, 06:29 PM
I know he's a great pitcher, but no player is worth that much money. It started with some of these ridiculous contracts for average players. You can thank the Philadelphia Philles for taking Adam Eaton for so much money.

I don't think any baseball player is worth $126 million for any amount of time. I don't see why any player can earn that much money for doing something like this.

Buttcheeks
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
There are a precious few pitchers that are worth that today and Zito is not one of them anymore. To be honest no athlete is worth the money they are paid. Thier salaries have gotten way overinflated and now i don't see how they will ever get back in line.

Back on Zito he has been in steady decline over the last few years and the Giants offense has taken some serious hits during that same period. I think he will be a marginal pitcher on a marginal team nothing more.

Shaaady Souljah
12-28-2006, 07:10 PM
it's the power of the lefties.

ted lilly got a ridiculous amount of money just cuz it gave the rotation a left arm. both got waaaay more than they deserve, but i guess it is supply and demand for lefties.

when i have a child, i will train him to pitch lefty his whole life ;)