PDA

View Full Version : TONY romo Pro Bowl???????

SLYTHE U UP
12-28-2006, 07:39 PM
I think Tony Romo should not have been into the pro bowl, you know what, he is he's a peoples person, just cause he had like what 3 or 4 good games,every one thinks he's John Elway,look what happened with Rex Grossman had about 4 good games,then he was a peoples person, but look at him now. rest of his games were horrible, almost losing to the cardinals,him throwing 1.3 passer rating, i really think Jeff Garcia should have made it instead of him.

Gunstar Chaos
12-28-2006, 07:56 PM
The reason the kid has had the first good games were because no one has been able to scout him. You don't know how to defend someone without knowing their moves, their flaws, their etc.

Buttcheeks
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
This guy definately does not deserve to be in the pro bowl. The biggest reason is he has only played in half of the cowboys games this season. Secondly he had a few good games but so did Rex Grossman. I am a huge Bears fan and i wouldn't even have picked Grossman for the Pro Bowl.

I think he was only picked because he's the next Tom Brady type QB with the good looks and the possibility of a great career. He's been skyrocketed to celebrity status all of a sudden. Taking pictures before this weeks game with carrie underwood. This guy doesn't care if the Cowboys win or lose. Did anyone see him in the 4th quarter smiling on the bench while his team was getting killed?

Shaaady Souljah
12-28-2006, 08:37 PM
sadly, it's all about where you play...

Marc Bulger,
Jon Kitna,
Eli Manning,
Michael Vick... all played the entire year and put up some decent numbers. all more deserving of a pro bowl than a rookie who played half of a season

Tron
12-28-2006, 08:45 PM
plus the NFC is shat for qb's this year... the AFC is stacked if you ask me...huge bengals fan but i thought Tom Brady deserved over Palmer...palmer played like crap this year...

Shaaady Souljah
12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
plus the NFC is shat for qb's this year... the AFC is stacked if you ask me...huge bengals fan but i thought Tom Brady deserved over Palmer...palmer played like crap this year...

not to say you're wrong....but.... you are. ;)

Palmer has a 94.1 rating, Brady 87.0
Palmer is only behind Manning for Pass Yards & TDs.
But he does have waaaay better WRs than Brady I suppose.

I had to give him some love, cuz he just helped me win my Fantasy Football League and $275! But Brady is just as deserving...dont get me wrong.

the NFC is a joke though compared to the AFC. trust me, i am a vikings fan. :(

Tron
12-28-2006, 08:56 PM
i speak only from the ass whooping that Brady gave my bengals this year...brady is a winner with losers...palmer is mediocre with great talent.

Shaaady Souljah
12-28-2006, 08:59 PM
i speak only from the ass whooping that Brady gave my bengals this year...brady is a winner with losers...palmer is mediocre with great talent.

Very True. A lot of it is the coaching as well...

SLYTHE U UP
12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
sadly, it's all about where you play...

Marc Bulger,
Jon Kitna,
Eli Manning,
Michael Vick... all played the entire year and put up some decent numbers. all more deserving of a pro bowl than a rookie who played half of a season

Marc Bulger did make the Pro-Bowl, you probably wouldn't know but I would because i'm a Rams fan and I just need to know these things.

messym
12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
The pro bowl is a sham anyway. It's not about who has performed this year, it's about the same people making it every year regardless of how they compare to others at their position. The system is terrible.

Gunstar Chaos
12-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Out of that list of four only Bulger is deserving. Vick has never been deserving but has been in many years. Eli has been a screw-up 50% of the season and Kitna is almost there in my opinion. Just not there yet.

PerpetualHeaven
12-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Romo isn't bad but he's definitely not Pro Bowl talent..yet.

thepirate1214
12-29-2006, 02:50 AM
romo still is a rookie, only 1 years expierience starting, he need more years, i think he'll choke in the playoffs

SLYTHE U UP
12-29-2006, 05:24 AM
If they even make it to the playoffs because Jeff Garcia and the Eagles are going to clinch division. But Tony Romo is still a rookie and with Terrel Owens dropping 14 passes I don't think progress is in a good state.

RadicalSniper99
12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I definently agree that Romo doesn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl, but it came down to the fact the he came in and aved a season (I guess?). Because of this and most of the other great quarterbacks in the NFC were injured, he became a shoe-in for a spot on the team. If the league waited a couple of weeks, people would realize Jeff Garcia should be in while Romo is at home.

I could see Vince Young being more deserving than Romo. Sure my view is skewed, but Young is probably one of the best leaders of a team right now. His numbers aren't the best out there, but a win is a win. Especially when your team almost makes the playoffs.

Tron
12-29-2006, 04:30 PM
i think vince young should have gotten it over romo and garcia...that guy is ridiculous and he is turning that shit team around.

Shaaady Souljah
12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Vince wouldve probably made it if he were in the NFC, but he is in the company of Manning, Palmer, Brady, etc... in the AFC.

It should be Garcia instead in the NFC for sure though.

SLYTHE U UP
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
thats true ever since vince young started or palyed the titans changed complteley they do beter with vince then they did with McNair except for the 99' season