PDA

View Full Version : Twitter A Better Way for Boosting? My Idea

MrFresh
06-04-2009, 06:34 PM
So for a long long time I've been thinking of starting a TwiGroup for Boosting purposes. Since the 360 will be getting a Twitter App what better time to share my idea.

So Basically the idea is anytime some one needs a boosting partner or start a boosting group session or just need help on those tricky achievements. Is to send a Tweet to the Group that i will be starting.(If everyone is down for it) I was Thinking along the line of X360ABOOST as the name for the group if anyone got better name please post below. So an Example->

@X360ABOOST Need a Partner for GOW2 Hoard the Horde Asap Gt-MrFresh KC

@X360ABOOST I Just Can't Nail Misson 9 On Mirror Edge HELP! Gt-MrFresh KC

So the idea is to gather Boosting partner or get Some help on those darn achievements and to make some new friends to fellow on Twitter. So everyone please let me know what you think.

-Frankie Aka MrFresh

iKiddo
06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
you would have to use the # tag and not @.

Gackt
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Think its a good idea

gatorbait
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm not really into text messaging and the whole twitter phenomenon but I really like this idea. Everyone knows how much of a pain it can be to boost at times, especially when it requires more than 2 or 3 people.

MrFresh
06-04-2009, 07:28 PM
you would have to use the # tag and not @.

So the Best thing is to make a #Hashtags? To be honest i'm still a noob to Twitter but i would love my idea to fellow thru and be able to help our community.

So would #X360B or #X360AB would be a Good choice for a #HASH

If anyone need help to understand a Hashtag

http://twitter.pbworks.com/Hashtags

And a Really Cool site for tracking and letting everyone know when you unlock achievements and play your favorite game.

http://xboxtweet.com/

iKiddo
06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
So the Best thing is to make a #Hashtags? To be honest i'm still a noob to Twitter but i would love my idea to fellow thru and be able to help our community.

So would #X360B or #X360AB would be a Good choice for a #HASH

If anyone need help to understand a Hashtag

http://twitter.pbworks.com/Hashtags

And a Really Cool site for tracking and letting everyone know when you unlock achievements and play your favorite game.

http://xboxtweet.com/

Yes. As if I was to send an @ it would show up on my public timeline but not your public timeline.

BigMo763
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
This sounds like a pretty good idea... I don't have a Twitter because I think it's pretty useless (unless its for a business), but if this actually comes to fruition I'm in.

OneSweetShannon
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I think this is a great idea. I don't use twitter much myself currently, just only for following certain people. But when twitter comes to the 360 I see me using it a lot more. I think it will be awesome for boosting. I'm a mom and have a hard time scheduling boosting for specific times, but the on-demand nature of what the OP proposes would definitely work for me!

iKiddo
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Also I recommend hitting up Webb with the idea.

Swifty2400
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I dont use twitter and never planned on signing up for it, but if this group does happen then maybe I will have to sign up because this sounds like a great idea

radar616
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Would this have anything to do with the MS E3 annoncements by any chance?:p

Still I'm really liking the idea. Boosting with multiple people is hard at the best of times. I may actually sign up to Twitter if this takes off.

Elit3 m0nkey
06-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Just got Twitter recently so I could follow all the companies during E3. I would definitely use this.

xXiTziManiacXx
06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
hmm this could come realy handy if u ever do it let me know

Ebonix
06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Certainly a great idea for boosting.

InkedUp
06-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Sounds good. Never was really interested in twitter or facebook until the E3 announcement. Signed up for Facebook recently, so this idea might push me into making a twitter account

MrFresh
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
i sent a tweet to Webb on this idea to his twitter and i started the Hashtag #X360B i just need to explain it to everyone here...and maybe explain what is "Twitter"?

MrFresh
06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Would this have anything to do with the MS E3 annoncements by any chance?:p

Still I'm really liking the idea. Boosting with multiple people is hard at the best of times. I may actually sign up to Twitter if this takes off.

E3 annoncement finally push me to get this idea out of my head, but the idea been running in my head for while.

jimi_stephen
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
ok, explain how to us the #hashtag.

A Meat Pie
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
That's not too bad of an idea, although I don't use twitter, I would definitely use it if were to adopt it.

Br0kenAssass1n
06-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Very good idea... Very good indeed. Although one problem may arise, when there are more people 'following' it'll end up being constantly spammed with different games, not to mention people spamming about boosting their game until their request gets fulfilled.

But don't let me be a downer on the whole thing, I think it's awesome.

LH Cerberus
06-05-2009, 11:04 PM
i think thats a very good idea, so you can get really really fast some players to boost games.

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 01:29 AM
I did some research and GamerDNA already does something similar to this.
http://tweetmygaming.com/
I'm not sure how friendly they are towards boosting however..