PDA

View Full Version : RROD question

AdamArmy
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I got the red rings of death yesterday. I turned the 360 on yesterday, and it worked fine. I went to sleep, woke up and no rrod. Am I fine, or will I get them again. It was flashing so im not sure if that matters. I am pretty sure I have one with a Jasper chip because I got it around last november.

Domantos
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I did get RROD once last spring. Just 're-booted' and have not seen them since then (knock on wood). So you might be lucky, or it will happen again when the warranty has run out >_<
Here's to hoping you won't =)

/Domantos

radar616
06-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Sometimes it can be just a glitch in the system, but I wouldnt hold out long for it. If its happen now, it would be very long before it COULD happen again. Then again I got the RRoD from my friend plugging in his damaged power brick. I used mine own one and it was alright again. That was over 6 months ago.

Jethrow
06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
i had the rrod about 7 months ago, same as you, overnight and it worked again, then it completely let go last week, needed a replacement.

khamelion
06-05-2009, 12:26 PM
if you can take it to a store and exchange it, that would be the best option. if it gets rrod once, it usually keeps occuring until its permanent, i've had two break on me and both were a few days out of store warrenty.

ProfileNotFound
06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I have been through nine boxes and I can tell u that two of mine red ringed on me. The first never worked again, the second one red ringed on me one night and then worked fine for a month before I started getting “unreadable disc” messages.
Also are sure it was three flahing lights b/c if not hooked up properly all four lights will flash.