PDA

View Full Version : Recording "montages" how to?

DDcup x
06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Im just wondering, how do you actually do it? because ive been looking around and cant seem to see anything that shows me how.

Glowin Smurff
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
you need a capture device, like a dazzle or ATI TV Wonder.

you can also just use a VCR (if u have one, and record all your gameplay to go through later) and then hook the VCR into the capture, but you need a capture device first.

Snowman
06-06-2009, 12:02 AM
^^^what he said but,
you also need editing software like Sony Vegas to transition from clip to clip and you will need After Effects for all of the special effects

Razzattack99
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
dazzle capture card is the best option IMO, but tbh recording monatges is pointless. People just accuse you of 'setting it up' so i wouldn't bother mate, but if you really want to follow glowin smurfs advice he summed it up exactly, best of luck

Gackt
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Windows Movie Maker works fine for transitions unless you want to get fancy then Sony Vegas is good. Just hate montages that over due it with the effects

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 12:37 AM
I've got kind of a related question: Does anyone know of any capture cards that are compatible with macs?

Gackt
06-06-2009, 12:38 AM
I've got kind of a related question: Does anyone know of any capture cards that are compatible with macs?

http://www.google.com/products?q=pinnacle+video+capture+usb&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=li

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 01:13 AM
http://www.google.com/products?q=pinnacle+video+capture+usb&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=li
Thanks much. Will I need any extra cables other than what comes in the box?

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-06-2009, 03:14 AM
you need a capture card, and editing software... also depending on the game u need to play on how to record it... halo u can record clips in theater any other game you have to record the whole game and edit out parts that aren't good.

v_thorne
06-06-2009, 03:19 AM
You need a montage. Even Rocky had a montage! Always fade out in a montage. If you fade out, it seem like more time has passed in a montage...

Anyway... >.>

I just record whatever it is with my digital camera, upload it to my computer, convert it to a .MOV with a file converter and then I use Window's Movie Maker to edit it into a montage.... MONTAGE...